(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
deathster

(Metal) Recordstores in Stockholm ?

Post by deathster »

Hey,

please give me names and addresses of worthy recordstores in Stockholm (dealing also with 2nd hand Metal Lps and CDs). Any help much appreciated! Dan? Destrozer? Anyone?

I found those from web but need definately more:
soundpollution.se
mellotronen.com
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Well, Repulsive is the most obvious one:
www.repulsive.se
Also Stockholms Serie och Skivandel is great; metro station Rådmansgatan in front of the park/MacDonalds
deathster

Post by deathster »

HÄR ÄR EN LISTA PÅ SAKER VI SÖKER FÖR PRIVAT DEL OCH BETALAR MER EN VID BUTIKSINKÖP!

What does it mean?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

deathster wrote:HÄR ÄR EN LISTA PÅ SAKER VI SÖKER FÖR PRIVAT DEL OCH BETALAR MER EN VID BUTIKSINKÖP!
Here's a list of things we're looking for privately and will pay more for than during store purchases.
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

deathster wrote:HÄR ÄR EN LISTA PÅ SAKER VI SÖKER FÖR PRIVAT DEL OCH BETALAR MER EN VID BUTIKSINKÖP!
I'm really wondering what the author of that line intends to say.
Fun records
hload

Post by hload »

there are some record stores in the gatan of the ankor pub(don't remember what "gatan" is this though)....
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

hload wrote:there are some record stores in the gatan of the ankor pub(don't remember what "gatan" is this though)....
That would be Stockholms Serie & Skivhandel ("Sthlm's Comic & Recordshop") mentioned above. It's not much more than a hole in the wall, but they do try to specialize in "collectables" and get some great Metal vinyl every once in a while. One of the essential waterholes for sure.

deathster: Sorry for not noticing this thread until now. Are you planning a trip to Sthlm? I'd be happy to give you a tour 8)
deathster

Post by deathster »

Thanx Dan...next time. I arrived home today morning. Visited Repulsive store ("Death & Glory" + "Butchered at Birth" (old version) CDs), Nostalgiaplatset ("Metal Inferno" comp LP 90SEK) and Serie och Skivandel. The last one was most surprising... outside you do not even recognize this shop...but inside you can spend hours in punk and metal sections! What a killer SAMHAIN "Initium" poster they had hanging there. I got Demolition Hammer and Benediction stuff there. Cool!
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

anything worth mentioning except those already have? :wink:

also anything in Småland / generally South of Sweden? I'll be leaving for 2 weeks family holiday on Öland tomorrow and adding 4 days Stockholm sightseeing after that..

not expecting to find anything great though.. but HOPING (haha) for GOTHAM CITY vinyls and Full Speed at High Level on reasonable prices - if not there, I'll fuhgeddaboutit! :D

is this the correct subforum btw? since this is a collecting-oriented topic or does the commercial aspect prevail?
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

Sagrotan, check Repeat Records in Malmo (www.repeatrecords.se), at the corner of Bergsgatan and Amiralsgatan. The best record shop in southern Sweden at least, but a bit pricy on the vinyls. If you're looking for Heavy Load it could be a good place to look. In Malmo I can also recommend Lilla Torgs seris- och skivhandel, located at "Lilla Torg" which is next to Stortorget.

Also check Kompaktdisk in Kristianstad, www.kompaktdisk.se

Personally I'm going for a hunt in Belgrade soon.
Fun records
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

sagrotan wrote:...and adding 4 days Stockholm sightseeing after that..

not expecting to find anything great though.. but HOPING (haha) for GOTHAM CITY vinyls and Full Speed at High Level on reasonable prices - if not there, I'll fuhgeddaboutit! :D
I'm in Stockholm almost every weekend, always doing the record-shop-run. Know which dates you'll be there? I might be able to give you a guided tour if it's on a weekend. I know at least one store that has the HL debut.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I must have missed this thread the first time around...

Moved to "Metal Conquest". /Mod
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Metalipeiklo wrote:Sagrotan, check Repeat Records in Malmo (www.repeatrecords.se), at the corner of Bergsgatan and Amiralsgatan. The best record shop in southern Sweden at least, but a bit pricy on the vinyls.
Agreed. They have lots of good metallic stuff, but be prepared to pay market prices for everything. I haven't been there since I bought Sarcofagus - Cycle of Life, so I guess it's time for another visit soon.

There's also a Repeat Records in Lund (the original shop), but they mostly have other genres nowadays.

More shops in Malmö:

Rundgång is small and well-sorted, but mostly carry indie music.

Skivesset is a huge comic and music store with a basement full of vinyl. Everything is unsorted, so you have to dig deep if you want to find anything good. I've never found anything really great there, but I'm sure it's possible to find something rare there every now and then.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

Khnud wrote:
Metalipeiklo wrote:Sagrotan, check Repeat Records in Malmo (www.repeatrecords.se), at the corner of Bergsgatan and Amiralsgatan. The best record shop in southern Sweden at least, but a bit pricy on the vinyls.
Agreed. They have lots of good metallic stuff, but be prepared to pay market prices for everything. I haven't been there since I bought Sarcofagus - Cycle of Life, so I guess it's time for another visit soon.

There's also a Repeat Records in Lund (the original shop), but they mostly have other genres nowadays.

More shops in Malmö:

Rundgång is small and well-sorted, but mostly carry indie music.

Skivesset is a huge comic and music store with a basement full of vinyl. Everything is unsorted, so you have to dig deep if you want to find anything good. I've never found anything really great there, but I'm sure it's possible to find something rare there every now and then.
thx for the tips, guess I need to check out Malmö too then!

DaN - that'd be great - am not sure about the weekend tho'. We'll be arriving in Stockholm on Saturday 22nd (or that dump nearby where we're staying) but have loads to arrange like dispense the car and stuff and on Sunday I guess shops are closed like anywhere else?

staying until Wednesday, 26nd. I'll try to frequent some internet-café now and then, maybe we can work something out.
In the not so unlikely case that I won't make it, do you have the name of that store you mentioned on hand?
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Sacrilegio

Post by Sacrilegio »

Repulsive is the obvious one, but I also heard of a place called "black hole" and it is owned by a woman...