~~ ARC ~~

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
boris

~~ ARC ~~

Post by boris »

OK, I think I owe everyone here an update on what's going on with Arc.
Well it's like this - the band itself is alive and kicking, they are rehearsing when they find the time (all of them have day jobs and have to make a living), they are pretty much in shape now and are doing a couple gigs for friends only, and will soon book a couple small venues in London to play the old stuff including the more Hard Rock Red Hunter (1995) stuff.
Regarding the release - plans sadly have changed since the guy I wanted to do it with had many personal problems which apparently don't allow him to continue with his label. That's an educated guess since I haven't heard from him for months.
I've decided to take this project on myself and have some sort of a private release. I've contacted some friends in the pressing and printing business and sorted out some price offers. As I see it now, I won't be able to pull this off by myself in the next few months because I just don't have the spare cash (all the rare records I'm getting are mostly trades and gifts from bands heheh). I would appreciate any help or support, with obvious income later when the product hopefully sees the light of day, any offer ot idea would be highly appreciated, my email is open for everyone (bess1@smile.net.il).
In the meantime I'll keep trying to work this out myself.
Also bear in mind that since the band members are working men they barely have time for gathering old tapes etc. so this takes a real real loooong time.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Aren't there any labels (Who have released NWOBHM material before) that can help you out?

All the support I can give is to wish you the best of luck in getting this stuff released before the decade is over. :)
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

I don't think there are many labels with the $2000+ needed to transfer the master tapes and studio time to get this done, THEN the cost of manufacturing it. Good luck, you are going to need it.
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Maybe a subscription thing could be a good idea. I guess if it will be easier if it comes from a well-known label in the milieu.
Gott ist tot.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'd love to do it as ARC are one of my fav bands from the NWOBHM, but there's no way I'd pay that much just to transfer master tapes + pay the band ++ pay for the pressing.

Send me the master tapes and I can have it done much cheaper....

But I'm interested as long as it's reasonable....
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:I'd love to do it as ARC are one of my fav bands from the NWOBHM, but there's no way I'd pay that much just to transfer master tapes + pay the band ++ pay for the pressing.

I always felt the lone crook not worshipping ARC to the exctend all you guys do...

Timbo, I propose a friendly competition to you, who will be first: me receiving the masters from Fatal Violence, or you from ARC :lol: Whoever wins shall buy a beer for the othter party.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

stormspell wrote:
Shadow Kingdom wrote:I'd love to do it as ARC are one of my fav bands from the NWOBHM, but there's no way I'd pay that much just to transfer master tapes + pay the band ++ pay for the pressing.

I always felt the lone crook not worshipping ARC to the exctend all you guys do...

Timbo, I propose a friendly competition to you, who will be first: me receiving the masters from Fatal Violence, or you from ARC :lol: Whoever wins shall buy a beer for the othter party.
ARC is great!

I'm sure you receiving the FATAL VIOLENCE would be ahead of me even getting a contact email to ARC. :lol:

Lesson learned on the FATAL VIOLENCE though. :wink: I'm gonna keep that lesson handy too. :lol:
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

I'd like to re-edit my statement and say that I think 2 FATAL VIOLENCE records will be out before I ever get ARC's email to do something. :lol:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I'm looking forward to the 2 Fatal Violence records. :)
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

:lol:
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Black Axe wrote:I'm looking forward to the 2 Fatal Violence records. :)
Me too. I even have reserved a slot at the pressing plant for an early 2012 release :lol:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Hm, I hope ths will be realised. I bought one of the signed "War of the Ring" singles a year ago, but now I don't have any money for supporting this. Any chance you can pass some ARC-rehearsals here? How do they sound?
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

Official News, ARC is finally gonna release all their material this year!!!!!

It's too early for an April fools joke. :lol:
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Official News, ARC is finally gonna release all their material this year!!!!!

Great news !! The best way to start this week in a very good mood !! :D

Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Shadow Kingdom wrote:Official News, ARC is finally gonna release all their material this year!!!!!

Wrong day to be drunk.