Colombian EP's

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Astaroth

Colombian EP's

Post by Astaroth »

I remember there were some Colombian EP's mentioned here that were of demo bands or bands that never really became of anything and continued on. For example:

Herpes
Nemesis
Gloster Gladiator

Are there any other EP's from Colombia like this?

Btw if anyone has the Nemesis EP and wants to get rid of it drop me a line!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Well, the obvious one not mentioned would be ASTAROTH, a full-frontal Death Metal assault, not too different from NEMESIS.

Never heard of GLOSTER GLADIATOR before. What's it like? Sure it's Metal? HERPES I would personally put in the grind core slot.

I've always wanted to hear the DANGER 7". It's supposed to be raw, Motörheadish Metal.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

One of the best Colombian EP (imo) is the 3-tracks EP from CARBURE released 1983, it's classic but really strong H-M.

The Ekhymosis EP " De Rodillas" is very good, too !
deathster

Post by deathster »

LLUVA NEGRA had EP out (never heard their music and do not what they sounded like)
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

Dan the Gloster Gladiator EP was another rare Colombian EP similar to a proto-Parabellum. Carlos Mario "La Bruja" was a member of this band before playing in Parabellum as the guitar leader.

That Astaroth EP is great - one of my favourites. Hence the monicker :wink:

I never heard that Ekhymosis EP, what does it sound like?

I'll look out for that Carbure EP, a rip of that would be really good. I'm guessing that's a tough one to find as well.
humus

Post by humus »

Astaroth wrote: I'm guessing that's a tough one to find as well.
I saw a copy somewhere for €15 last year. Didn't pick it up cause I was broke.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

humus wrote:
Astaroth wrote: I'm guessing that's a tough one to find as well.
I saw a copy somewhere for €15 last year. Didn't pick it up cause I was broke.
CARBURE + €15 / broke = beat down old lady in alley.

Wimp :roll:
Dominik

Post by Dominik »

Astaroth wrote:Dan the Gloster Gladiator EP was another rare Colombian EP similar to a proto-Parabellum. Carlos Mario "La Bruja" was a member of this band before playing in Parabellum as the guitar leader.

Hi,

I'm new here.

This GLOSTER GLADIATOR was for some days on ebay (I didn't win it), final price was $182,50

Item number was: 220194125223

Has someone heard it?
deathster

Post by deathster »

And the winner was ----- Astaroth!
humus

Post by humus »

DaN wrote:CARBURE + €15 / broke = beat down old lady in alley.

Wimp :roll:
Dan, you've seen me, I don't have the suitable body mass to attack old ladys in alleys :lol:
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

deathster wrote:And the winner was ----- Astaroth!
Nope that's not me. You're secret is safe with me Superman.
MexicanMetaler666

colombia eps

Post by MexicanMetaler666 »

I bid on some of those colombia eps but they went to high in price!!!
I just own the Masacre - Ola de violencia EP not as rare as the other ones but a good disc.
Heavy Metal is the LAW!!!!
Mr Nuke

Post by Mr Nuke »

Well, I can rip the CARBURE EP for you, if I manage to install my good old sound forge on my new computer because vista doesn't want me to install it.

Or if I find maybe provide me with good noise reduction and click removing plugins for Audacity, at least!

Well I have one one other EP, the HERPES one and it's just grindcore, decent grindcore, but not impressive too.
Gott ist tot.
deathster

Post by deathster »

Astaroth wrote:
deathster wrote:And the winner was ----- Astaroth!
Nope that's not me. You're secret is safe with me Superman.
If its you or not does not really matter...I just followed the ebay auction number and checked the winner open feedback (recent scores: Repugnant, Necrophobic, Rotting Christ etc demos). On another forum one guy Astaroth named these as recent scores?!?!!! :roll:
peterott

Post by peterott »

Astaroth wrote:Dan the Gloster Gladiator EP was another rare Colombian EP similar to a proto-Parabellum. Carlos Mario "La Bruja" was a member of this band before playing in Parabellum as the guitar leader.

That Astaroth EP is great - one of my favourites. Hence the monicker :wink:

I never heard that Ekhymosis EP, what does it sound like?

I'll look out for that Carbure EP, a rip of that would be really good. I'm guessing that's a tough one to find as well.
Funny thing. Three years ago, no one knew that band besides some Colombian freaks and me ;)

All of a sudden, the 7" was on ebay from a Spanish seller, advertising it as Hardcore from Spain and with a spelling mistake in the bandname. I made a bit of 9.99 Euros and was close to getting it, as exactly one day before the end, one of the ebay-Colombian sellers put the same 7" in at ebay for $199.99 buy-now.

Of course some clever freak made an advanced search and then a bid on the 9.99 Euros 7" some hours later. However, I got it for a damn price, and the auction's picture can be seen at Metal Archives. This picture here doesn't look better though. Very shitty paper-quality of the cover. However, this Colombian guy ruined the price for this auction, hahaha... just one day later and no one would have bidden on the auction of the Spanish seller...

Musicwise it is quiet good. Parabellum on Thrash Metal. Same guitar fuzz and weird arrangements. But Thrash, not ultra-chaotic Death Metal/Noise.