Highest valued NONE-US Metal records

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Astaroth

Post by Astaroth »

ION BRITTON wrote:It was the only vinyl that had no price tag on it. Having in mind George's price-theory all these years, i didn't bother to ask...

P.S. The same day i saw Maiden's First Ten Years Box, its price was 100 Euros (good price for it generally). However, i had the feeling that there was a nigger in the woodpile so i asked the guy: "Is it complete?" and he replied "No 3 vinyls are missing, if it was complete it would cost at least 300-400 Euros"...
hahaha where is this store? Next time I'm in Athens I have to see this place - even if I don't buy anything at least for a laugh.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Some nwobhm titles (sticking to items $500 and up). These are based on sales I've seen (ebay and otherwise) over the years. Glocknose or others may have more data to go on than I do. I haven't checked popsike (don't have time to right now). All prices in US$ for NM items w/ orig pic sleeves if they came with one. Some of these may be going for more/less nowadays.

Bollweevil 7" is consistently around $500
Skitzofrenik 'usa' 7" $500-600 (only seen 1-2 of these sell)
Lonewolf- cash for candy 7" $800 (only seen one sell and some people thought this was pretty high)
Shock treatment 7" $1000 (seen 2 sell for 4-figures)
Duchess 7" $500-600 (seen 1-2 sell for this)
High Treason $700-800 (seen two sell for this)
I've heard (unconfirmed) of the first 2 Venom LPs selling for $400-500 on certain colors of vinyl (purple and brown I think).
Hollow Ground 7" w/ pic sleeve can bring $450-500, but sometimes it's closer to $350
There are plenty that I suspect would sell for $500++ but I've never seen copies for sale, so I don't know.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Astaroth wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:It was the only vinyl that had no price tag on it. Having in mind George's price-theory all these years, i didn't bother to ask...

P.S. The same day i saw Maiden's First Ten Years Box, its price was 100 Euros (good price for it generally). However, i had the feeling that there was a nigger in the woodpile so i asked the guy: "Is it complete?" and he replied "No 3 vinyls are missing, if it was complete it would cost at least 300-400 Euros"...
hahaha where is this store? Next time I'm in Athens I have to see this place - even if I don't buy anything at least for a laugh.
It's in Monastiraki, we'll go together, i'll be your guide :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

The first things to come to mind were Tyrant (recently 700+) and Wild Pussy.

The guy relisted Wild Pussy without a reserve a few weeks ago. Some guy won it for $500 (Im pissed that it wasnt me!)
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

The Cracked Mirror has been listed 1-2 times lately and closed iaround $500.

Under the heading of 'reasonable ebay auctions', a copy of Wikkyd Vikkr sold for $118 earlier today, which seems pretty reasonable to me
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
humus

Post by humus »

Well, I just remembered my own top want that I've never seen for sale: the first Sabbat 7". A Japanese friend told me that about once a year a copy turns up in Japan and sells for $600-$700 (he told me that when dollar was still strong). Anybody ever saw one for sale?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

speaking of Sabbat, my wife has a rare 7" live from San Francisco, its really limited...but again,this guys release stuff about almost every live show they do :lol:
humus

Post by humus »

That's one of the 5 Sabbat seven inches I'm missing, so if your wife ever wants to get rid of it contact me!
msp

Re: Highest valued NONE-US Metal records

Post by msp »

OmenOfSteel wrote:Excalibur - Generacion Maldita LP [Spain, 1988] 1000?
How many copies of that Excalibur LP was pressed does anyone know?
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

I can't rmember who it was but someone picked up the WILD PUSSY mlp for a few pounds after the PAGAN ALTAR gig in London last year...Talk about good luck!!
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

nar marratuk wrote:I can't rmember who it was but someone picked up the WILD PUSSY mlp for a few pounds after the PAGAN ALTAR gig in London last year...Talk about good luck!!
Me! Me! Me!

Still bummed we never got a chance to meet up though..
nar marratuk

Post by nar marratuk »

DaN wrote:
nar marratuk wrote:I can't rmember who it was but someone picked up the WILD PUSSY mlp for a few pounds after the PAGAN ALTAR gig in London last year...Talk about good luck!!
Me! Me! Me!

Still bummed we never got a chance to meet up though..
:lol: Indeed Dan!! I had my suspicions but didn't want to say....that was a find in a million!! Are you going to DOOM METAL INQUISITION V? Maybe then my friend!!
I was born on a dark winter night thunder and lightning greeted me...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Probably no DMI V for me, but KIT X is booked and ready. Talk about "Gathering Of The Tribes" eh?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:Probably no DMI V for me, but KIT X is booked and ready. Talk about "Gathering Of The Tribes" eh?
Dan, you got pm :D
Long Live The Loud !!!
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Maybe Redeemer - The Light is Struck could also fit in the $500+ category?