Bulgarian Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Hmm I did a quick search with the band name here and only 2 tradelists showed, might have done something wrong though... Thanks for responding though!
The Devil is within us all...
Shimrod

Post by Shimrod »

As we talk about the research function, I wonder if some posts have not been deleted as I can't find the Hungarian thread too. I tried "Hungary", "hungarian" and some random band names but did not find it. I should have bookmarked it.
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

I had the time to look now and it was even on the first page in this forum, here's a quick link: http://www.thecorroseum.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=1472
bastard priest

Post by bastard priest »

Finding early Epizod is pain in ass :( But here is a link for one of the tapes in good quality :
http://cassette-tapes-what.blogspot.com ... /1993.html
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

bastard priest wrote:Finding early Epizod is pain in ass :( But here is a link for one of the tapes in good quality :
http://cassette-tapes-what.blogspot.com ... /1993.html
Thanks, much appreciated! I don't really feel bad for downloading their record when they are refusing to allow/help releasing this stuff I'm craving for...
Went through this thread now and found the discussions about Epizod.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

It's a pity
Epizod, Era and Konkurent need a proper CD re-release !!!!!
Herkus Monte

Post by Herkus Monte »

I wouldn`t mind vinyl re-releases either 8)

But do Episod really dislike their early recordings that much?

I used to know one guy from Plovdiv, not much into metal, who enjoyed their later folky stuff a lot and said they`re quite popular in their homeland. We can conclude then there should be some people who could be interested in their old albums, if only for collective reason (as it happens with bands that have gained recognition somewhere).
Patrik_D

Post by Patrik_D »

Obviously Epizod plays in a league of it's own.

Did anyone mention Hades (Хадес) yet in this thread?
Not the best band I've heard but nevertheless I find them a great Metal band.
I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH....

BY GUILLOTINE
Ironhead

Post by Ironhead »

Herkus Monte wrote: But do Episod really dislike their early recordings that much?
I bet they just want to keep their past hidden so that their present fanclub consisting of Bulgarian grannies don't get scared of the band! :P
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Patrik_D wrote:Obviously Epizod plays in a league of it's own.

Did anyone mention Hades (Хадес) yet in this thread?
Not the best band I've heard but nevertheless I find them a great Metal band.
Most likely since Stormspell released one of their albums in 2008.
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Guys,

I was offered those BG lps and I need to know your opinion on them

IMPULSE - s/t debut LP

FACTOR - LP's:

Фактор - 1980
Фактор - "Без въпроси" - 1984
Фактор - "Млечният път" - 1986
Фактор 4 - 1990

VA - "Rock For Peace" (compilation LP with early songs of AHAT,ЕRA, TANGRA< KONKURRENT, etc.)

VA - "Michourin - World Wonderful People, Vol.1" (compilation live LP from first free rock fest in Bulgaria after the Communist era, with live performances of MILENA, ЕRA, AHAT, etc.) + Vol. 2

MILENA/REVIEW - Split LP

MILENA - Ha-Ha LP (with ERA group)

Genre ? Rare ? Value ?

Cheers
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Impulse is AOR / Hard Rock, the sound on Gladiator was on that LP only. No idea about rarity but it shouldn't be too expensive.

Faktor is commercial sounding Hard Rock, I think they are pretty good for what they are. These are in the 5-15 euro / LP range.

Despite owning Rock For Peace I have failed to listen to it so I don't know what it's like, but DaN has reviewed it for the Compilopedia.
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

The 2 compilation (Rock for peace/Rok za mir and Michurn) have great material on it, though good metal/thrash bands are mixed with pop/soft rock outfits. I don't think they have a great commercial value but historically and musically they are really interesting.

Impulse's first album is really lame. It's boring pop/rock/aor...really nothing interesting. As Warepire said, the only real metal lp is "Gladiator". The rest is forgettable soft rock

Milena is hard rock, a bit of punk (both music and attitude), metal, pop...I think it's quite interesting as she was the most famous bulgarian rock star i the 80's and 90's. She also came to San Remo Music Festival in Italy during those years! In any case the vinyls shouldn't be too rare or pricy. I think you shouldn't pay more than 15 euros each as they were pressed in big quantity due to her huge popularity.
Astra Wally

Post by Astra Wally »

Thanks for info! Highly appreciated
Heaven is yours, Hell is mine
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Milena started to sing Hard Rock/Metal in the 90's. In the 80's she was famous New Wave/Rock/Punk act. I have her "The scandal" MC from 1994 which has indeed Hard Rock/Heavy Rock influences. You should be carefull with pre-1990 records of her though she looked pretty hot.

The Rock for Peace Compilation isn't that good. Not even the Axat track can convince, they do definately not sound like on the LP. But there's a rip up on the net, you better listen first unless it costs just 5 E. It's for die-hard Eastern Europe fans/complettists only imo. The Era/Concurrent Split LP is still the most recommended vinyl from Bulgaria besides Axat and Iceberg. Even second Impulse LP contains only 60 % fillers besides the 3 famous Metal smashers.

That Milena/Era Split should be of biggest interest as Era ... never seen that LP before ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...