MP3-forum (Poisonoise) update! 2021-11-24

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
DaN
Administructor

MP3-forum (Poisonoise) update! 2021-11-24

Post by DaN »

As of November 2021, These are the new, updated guidelines for our good ol' Poisonoise subforum. 2 major changes are now in effect:

A: You are now welcome to post download-links anywhere on the forum, as long as you highlight the link and then click the little padlock-icon above the text-area. The (hide)xxx(/hide)-tags will now hide whatever you put inbetween them from non-registered users.

The main reason for this change is that we can now avoid having both a discussion-thread and a download-thread on the same subject. Praise hail order & consistency!

B: Poisonoise is now visible to guests and bots, but most live download links should be hidden. If I've missed any, please report the post (click the "!"-icon) or pm me and I'll fix it.

"So.. umm... DaN? Do I still use Poisonoise for uploads then?"
You can, yes. If you just wanna share something cool or reply to a request, this is still the perfect forum for it. If what you're sharing is a response to something in a different thread elsewhere, you might as well keep it there. Or if you're looking for a deeper discussion or trying to find answers concerning the artist or recording, Into Battle or Metal Conquest might fit better. Use your imagination..

--- The Rules remain pretty much the same as before, albeit a bit more lenient... ---

1a. Please DO NOT post any of the direct download links elsewhere. Instead, post a link to the thread and invite them to join us ("Jooooin uuuuusss..."). Unless the poster says otherwise you are of course welcome to share and trade the actual music as you please.

1b. ...and of course, in reverse, do not post download links taken from other sites as your own. Post the link to the site where the link is found (i.e. NOT the direct download link) in the request thread instead. This way feedback will go to the right person.

2. No commercially available recordings. Albums/demos which has only been bootleged are of course allowed - nay - encouraged to be uploaded.

3. Give feedback - good or bad. This is after all a discussion board.

4. If you need help/tips with ripping vinyl and tapes, cleaning audio and/or uploading, post a question in the Killing Technology-forum.

5. All requests not relevant to a certain thread should be posted in the requests-thread.

Oh, and Rule #0, again: USE THE HIDE-FUNCTION ON YOUR LINKS.
Last edited by DaN on Tue Dec 30, 2008 1:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Keir

Re: MP3-forum rules - PLEASE READ!

Post by Keir »

DaN wrote:2. Do not post any mp3s with a bitrate of less than 192 kbps. No matter how rare a recording is, if it has been digitalized, SOMEONE out there should have a decent rip of it and it should be worth the wait. Be patient - there's no sense in spreading crap files around.
Amen to that! When I used to use Soulseek I would occasionally settle for mp3s at 128, but I was always amazed at how many I would find at even lower quality! I mean, it's not bad for just checking out a band just to hear what they sound like, but why bother keeping that crap on your hard drive?
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

What about require the poster to leave the details year, country and songlist? Pretty annoying to browse all those "XXXXX, requested by XXXXX"-threads with no further information.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It's a good idea ! I've always tried to put the release date in my posts.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

It has come to my attention that some people have signed up here, posted 25 useless one-liners in a matter of minutes and then going straight to this subforum for the goodies. I'm gonna start deleting their accounts right now. Please help me spot them if they return.
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

Why can't 192 Kps Mp3 archives be posted? I've read what you wrote Dan but frankly the quality isn't that bad... Why archives with higher bitrates have superior quality? Hope you adress my question. Bye.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

SolidSnake311 wrote:Why can't 192 Kps Mp3 archives be posted? I've read what you wrote Dan but frankly the quality isn't that bad... Why archives with higher bitrates have superior quality? Hope you adress my question. Bye.
192 kps is quite alright, but bitrates below this level is where things start getting crappy. Just listen to the high end of 128 rips (cymbals, aucustic guitars etc..) and you'll see what I mean.
tomas

Post by tomas »

'aucustic guitars'

Did you mean acoustic guitars or autistic guitars? :lol:
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

tomas wrote:'aucustic guitars'

Did you mean acoustic guitars or autistic guitars? :lol:
I've got an autistic guitar, or maybe it's myplaying that makes it seem that way... :?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Rules updated, please take a look!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Re: MP3-forum (Poisonoise) update! 2021-11-24

Post by DaN »

New Poisonoise/down&uploads-policy - see OP. Thoughts?
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

DaN wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 12:24 pm New Poisonoise/down&uploads-policy - see OP. Thoughts?
I concur.
Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

What are good hosts today that don't require an account? The ones I know of delete files within a week (often even less time)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Warepire wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:13 pm What are good hosts today that don't require an account? The ones I know of delete files within a week (often even less time)
If you register an account (for free) on Mediafire, the files will remain for as long as you want, so that would be my recommendation. Have used them since 2014 and there are still files left since then..
nora10

Re:

Post by nora10 »

King Zombie wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:20 am Why can't 192 Kps Mp3 archives be posted? I've read what you wrote Dan but frankly the quality isn't that bad... Why archives with higher bitrates have superior quality? Hope you adress my question. Bye.
While 192 Kbps MP3s may sound acceptable to some, higher bitrates like 320 Kbps generally preserve more audio details, resulting in better sound quality. Higher bitrates provide a greater amount of data per second, reducing compression artifacts and maintaining fidelity. However, personal preferences vary, and if 192 Kbps meets your standards, that's perfectly fine. It's ultimately about finding a balance between file size and audio quality that suits individual preferences. https://magic8balls.org/