Which version is better?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Which version is better?

Post by nightsblood »

Some comparisons of albums that got released in two significantly different forms. Feel free to add other comparisons. Let's avoid alternate pressings that just add some bonus tracks though.

Tokyo Blade 1st album:
-original Powerstation version, or the Combat Records version which has a different tracklist? Personally I like the Combat version more; a rare case of a label tinkering with the original tracklist and actually improving it by replacing some average tracks w/ some great ones.

Tokyo Blade- Night of the Blade
-the released version w/ Wright on vocals, or the unreleased (until years later by High Vaultage) version w/ Alan Marsh still on vocals (tracklist also a bit different)? Personally I like both... too close to call.

Bitches Sin- Invaders
-the original US version, or the re-recorded UK version w/ different tracklist, different drummer, and a keyboardist? I haven't heard the UK version, so I can't say.
Fucking Åmål

Re: Which version is better?

Post by Fucking Åmål »

nightsblood wrote:Tokyo Blade- Night of the Blade
-the released version w/ Wright on vocals, or the unreleased (until years later by High Vaultage) version w/ Alan Marsh still on vocals (tracklist also a bit different)? Personally I like both... too close to call.
I prefer Night Of The Blade with Vic Wright much more he should have singed in the first album too!
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I like the High Vaultage Tokyo Blade, 'cause it has all the tracks. 8)

I like the Vic version of NotB better, 'cause the version with Alan suffers from sonic insufficiency. Otherwise I'd probably like the original better.

Haven't heard the other Invaders either. I only have the CD version.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I can only think of language albums at the moment such as;

Kat - Metal And Hell vs. 666? (English vs. Polish) I'm actually going to go with Metal And Hell actually :oops: I'll probably be the only one :P .

Sortilège - Métamorphose vs. Metamorphosis? (Only heard French album)

Sortilège - Larmes De Héros vs. Hero's Tears (Only heard English here)

Have only heard one version of each of the Tokyo Blade albums and only own the Heavy Metal Records Invaders.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
otakon

Post by otakon »

Nightlock wrote:I can only think of language albums at the moment such as;

Kat - Metal And Hell vs. 666? (English vs. Polish) I'm actually going to go with Metal And Hell actually :oops: I'll probably be the only one :P .

Sortilège - Métamorphose vs. Metamorphosis? (Only heard French album)

definately the native languages are the way it's meant to be listened... the English pronounciation just makes it sound a little bit off, more apparent with SORTILEGE imo.

fuck i havent heard my Larmes De Heroes cd in almost a year! will listen now :D
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

CITRONs awesome RADEGAST LP is released in 3 different versions:

1987 on Supraphon with czech language
1989 on ZYX Metallic in english language
1992 on Direkt as new recording, again in english

The 1989 version is by far the best, it has the best sound and is played faster than the czech version and more raw than the 1992 english edition, brilliant album, my favorite from czech rep. along with first the CALIBOS CD.
We praise the blood that metal brings
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

About Toky Blade, i like the Night of the blade, that was the first version i listened to, and i think the sound is better

i didnt know the sortileges have different languages :shock:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

- I definitely prefer NotB w/ Marsh even if the sound quality is not great. It sounds more powerful and dynamic with him.
- I prefer the French versions of all Sortilege tracks. French is my favourite language after English when it comes to singing in metal.
- KAT: Haha, ok, easily the Polish version, it makes the album sound 100 more evil and barbaric.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Nightlock wrote:ISortilège - Métamorphose vs. Metamorphosis? (Only heard French album)
Sortilege are easy for me, the french versions by a mile.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

KREYSON - Angel on a Run Czech and English versions (I've heard only English)
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote: - KAT: Haha, ok, easily the Polish version, it makes the album sound 100 more evil and barbaric.
True this album in Polish version is super.I can't get enough of Turbo-Kawaleria Szatana and Kat-666 singing in Polish.
Titles like Zoltuna Fortuny,Masz Mnie Wampyrsze,,Wybacz Swystkim Wrogom,Wyrocznia look awesome even if not heard.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

OmenOfSteel wrote:CITRONs awesome RADEGAST LP is released in 3 different versions:

1987 on Supraphon with czech language
1989 on ZYX Metallic in english language
1992 on Direkt as new recording, again in english

The 1989 version is by far the best, it has the best sound and is played faster than the czech version and more raw than the 1992 english edition, brilliant album, my favorite from czech rep. along with first the CALIBOS CD.
:shock: Total news to me! Need to grab them all then since I only have the Supraphon pressing if this little gem.

Best/worst example I can think of would be DRAKAR's "Let Draka" v/s "Flight of the Dragon". "Let Draka" is seriously one of the most eerie and original Metal albums ever and thus it was quite a shock to hear the English version for the first time. All mystery & creepiness blown to kingdumb cum by cheesy english lyrics, of which many were rewritten rather than translated.