Mötley Crüe-1983-1985

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Fucking Åmål

Mötley Crüe-1983-1985

Post by Fucking Åmål »

I remember before 6-7 years when i heard Shout At The Devil on a cassett and i
didn't liked it at all.But some months later i gived it a chance more and i was enthusiast about them.Listen people maybe that Glam 80's L.A metal is boring/annoying/fag with the mellow bands like Poison,Warrant,Ratt and tons more known or unknown bands...but this isn't true for The Mötleys.At least their two albums ''Shout At The Devil'',''Theatre Of Pain''.Once a friend of mine said i can't understand at all how this band made a success with those two albums they sound so uncommercial for this particular glamize style.Sadly MC with their later stuff they disappointed many people with the ''Let's-follow-the-G'N'R-trend.MC were the first and the best of of the so called Glam Metal wave of the 80's.Just imagine if MC went nowhere and noone signed them,they would be a must independent underground release in your want-lists.
These two MC releases has the same sound,playing,style so i think it is a period for MC for sure.
I respect them.
What's your opinion's guys about these two releases?(before you say your opinion hear the song ''Looks That Kill'' :wink: ).
Crows In Black

Re: Mötley Crüe-1983-1985

Post by Crows In Black »

Fucking Åmål wrote:I remember before 6-7 years when i heard Shout At The Devil on a cassett and i
didn't liked it at all.But some months later i gived it a chance more and i was enthusiast about them.Listen people maybe that Glam 80's L.A metal is boring/annoying/fag with the mellow bands like Poison,Warrant,Ratt and tons more known or unknown bands...but this isn't true for The Mötleys.At least their two albums ''Shout At The Devil'',''Theatre Of Pain''.Once a friend of mine said i can't understand at all how this band made a success with those two albums they sound so uncommercial for this particular glamize style.Sadly MC with their later stuff they disappointed many people with the ''Let's-follow-the-G'N'R-trend.MC were the first and the best of of the so called Glam Metal wave of the 80's.Just imagine if MC went nowhere and noone signed them,they would be a must independent underground release in your want-lists.
These two MC releases has the same sound,playing,style so i think it is a period for MC for sure.
I respect them.
What's your opinion's guys about these two releases?(before you say your opinion hear the song ''Looks That Kill'' :wink: ).
I think musically they started to suck after Vince Neil came back in 1997, but they are still one of my favorite bands...but I have a feeling me and you are the only two people here that like them! I don't really understand why anyone considers them "glam"....their look for ONE album (theatre of pain) was glam, after that album, everyone else copied them and they stopped the glam style, but musically they were, at least to me, always metal. Even if someone doesn't think they are metal, you at least have to admit Shout At The Devil is a metal album. But, look at how many Japanese thrash metal bands have a "glam" look but you wont hear anyone call Rosenfeld or Dementia a "glam" band!

I really don't see your comparison with Shout and Theater though.....they sound totally different, Theater of Pain was definatley their worst album of the 80's......really NONE of their albums sound the same, they always changed their style on each release. Anyway, I think you are right.....if Motley never made it big and broke up in 1985 or something, then Shout would be on everyone's want list. To me Shout At The Devil is one of my top 10 favorite albums of all time
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Cool man.But i don't agree about Theatre Of Pain.This album has the same vocals,the same style,the same production, as Shout At The Devil although it is a level down of it(try to listen to it one more time carefully).
And yes these two albums are definitely metal.The rest are mellow.
8)
For me MC are a lot better than W.A.S.P(sorry but this band was never one of my faves) and more honest to what they did.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Vince Neil's voice grates on me!

Blackie Lawless destroys him.
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

Fucking Åmål wrote:Cool man.But i don't agree about Theatre Of Pain.This album has the same vocals,the same style,the same production, as Shout At The Devil although it is a level down of it(try to listen to it one more time carefully).
And yes these two albums are definitely metal.The rest are mellow.
8)
For me MC are a lot better than W.A.S.P(sorry but this band was never one of my faves) and more honest to what they did.
Well you are actually right sort of because Save Our Souls and Louder Than Hell from Theater of Pain were actually originally Shout at the Devil Songs...still I think Shout is the best thing they ever did. Don't get me wrong I like Theater of Pain too just not as much as their other's.

W.A.S.P was for me a band that looked really cool but their music was never as good as I thought it would be. Their first album is ok, I thought Last Command sucked, and most WASP fans I know think it's their best......the only WASP album I thought was REALLY good was The Headless Children, and I think Franki Banali's drumming is the main reason that album was as good as it was
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

I think you have forgotten Too fast for love, a very raw and energetic album in my opinion, but still I think Shout at the devil is their best.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Too fast for love and Shout at the devil are fucking great, very sleazy, nasty and in your face stuff. Live wire, Red hot, Take me to the top, Knock 'em dead, Danger, Too young to fall in love and the list of hymns goes on and on... I don't like the other albums that much.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

I used to listen to a lot of this kind of stuff when I was younger. :roll:
Too Fast for Love and Shout at the Devil are the only albums I enjoy nowadays
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
sabbat666

Post by sabbat666 »

i always loved the songs Live Wire, Too Young to Fall in Love, and Dr. Feelgood. Dr. Feelgood mainly because it reminds me of my youth. i used to always see it on MTV and at that time i thought it was the evilist shit id ever seen. lol.

I guess Motley Crue and GunsN'Roses were the first hard rock/heavy metal bands i liked.
boris

Post by boris »

Motley Crue is actually one of my favorite bands ! One of the best live bands I was lucky enough to see. Seen them in Italy in 2005 , they were bloody great ! I actually like all the albums up to Dr. Feelgood, don't care if they are glam or metal or sleaze or wahtever else they are called, their music is great and that's it ! Girls and Feelgood are awesome albums .. how about Kickstart My Heart, Dancing On Glass, Wild Side, Same Ol' Situation and many more ...
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

after reaing all these answers I'm amazed that many guys like Motley Crue, because back in the day, they were called mega posers for releasing Theater of pain and so on :D
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

I personally like the ease with which they proclaimed their fandom. I've heard Live Wire recently and started liking it. Also I raised my awareness when hearing Lemmy saying they were more a badassed band than M-head themselves.
I am ... the One you warned me of
mordred

Post by mordred »

Shout at the Devil is ok, but Theatre of Pain is absolutely horrible. The best Mötley album though is Too Fast for Love.
They're nothing compared to W.A.S.P. though.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
IronBloodBlasphemy

Post by IronBloodBlasphemy »

I've always been amazed how WASP is much more appreciated in Europe than here in the states. Not really sure why. Sure there's a fan base here, but Europe has real WASP fanatics
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm old enough to remember when it happened, so I regard Mötley Crue as some of the worst of posers for releasing that little turd they called Theater of Pain. OK, it may not have been all bad in hindsight, but if I never listen to it again in my life, it will be too soon.

Too Fast for Love and Shout at the Devil are pretty good albums though. The former for it's ramshackle sound and the band falling apart at the seams and the latter because, well, I have a weird liking for it.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.