Insane Ebay Auctions - Vinyl, Tapes & Merch (2012)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Khnud wrote:Never seen a sleeved copy before. But what's the deal with South American records? Covers are nearly always fucked up!
Yes, the life circumstances sometimes are really cheap plus they play the records to the death and don't care for conditions. If you don't know a guy there who's a clue where to get the records from you simply have to take what you can get in whatever condition possible. Sometimes it takes really long till a certain record is up for sale. I prefer taking even the "used" or "VG" cover stuff because sometimes you'll search forever otherwise. I have had enormous luck with my south american records, except of 3 LP's they do all look pretty good.
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Prowler wrote:
Khnud wrote:Never seen a sleeved copy before. But what's the deal with South American records? Covers are nearly always fucked up!
Yes, the life circumstances sometimes are really cheap plus they play the records to the death and don't care for conditions. If you don't know a guy there who's a clue where to get the records from you simply have to take what you can get in whatever condition possible. Sometimes it takes really long till a certain record is up for sale. I prefer taking even the "used" or "VG" cover stuff because sometimes you'll search forever otherwise. I have had enormous luck with my south american records, except of 3 LP's they do all look pretty good.
I also prefer lower condition Records as well ( VG or VG+) is OK for me.I've read one thread on another board about Metal Collectors.Someone called Metal Collectors something like "Condition Tyrants" (Could we have topic about it ?).As for SA records ... I think most issues about it already posted on previous posts.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Hasn't this Nivan17 tried to sell other rare metal records that he paid a nosebleed price for then tried to dump some short time after for a profit, even though the listing says 'paid much more for this several years ago'? If memory serves me he isn't even a metal collector, more into folk and stuff like that?
speaking of RAF it has been on auction with a sleeve at least once, but it might be this copy. Also love how he can't show the whole cover ....
Prowler wrote:If anyone wants to bid:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAIL-LP-HEAVY- ... 4abe2c49b9
:D
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

doomedplanet wrote:Hasn't this Nivan17 tried to sell other rare metal records that he paid a nosebleed price for then tried to dump some short time after for a profit, even though the listing says 'paid much more for this several years ago'? If memory serves me he isn't even a metal collector, more into folk and stuff like that?
speaking of RAF it has been on auction with a sleeve at least once, but it might be this copy. Also love how he can't show the whole cover ....
Prowler wrote:If anyone wants to bid:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAIL-LP-HEAVY- ... 4abe2c49b9
:D
Yes Mike is a strange guy......
"I am NOT a collector"
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

doomedplanet wrote: speaking of RAF it has been on auction with a sleeve at least once, but it might be this copy. Also love how he can't show the whole cover ....
It has been auctioned at least 3 times with a picture sleeve in the past.
This one looks in a similar condition with one of those 3.
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

"I am NOT a collector"
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote:
doomedplanet wrote: speaking of RAF it has been on auction with a sleeve at least once, but it might be this copy. Also love how he can't show the whole cover ....
I thought that too that I've seen it just recently (within even the last 6 months) but I didn't follow the auction as it was already at 150 $.
Just one thing that bothers me with such auction is the postage! Seriously when I sell a record in these regions I'd offer free postage from my side ...
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

chatzial wrote:
I've seen that too.
Never trust the Goblin King....
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

lunaboy wrote:
Prowler wrote:
I also prefer lower condition Records as well ( VG or VG+) is OK for me.I've read one thread on another board about Metal Collectors.Someone called Metal Collectors something like "Condition Tyrants" (Could we have topic about it ?).As for SA records ... I think most issues about it already posted on previous posts.
There was a thread about this in the past regarding if price should be affected by condition. There was also another thread about personal preferences when collecting where condition was also covered.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:Also love how he can't show the whole cover ....
It looks to me like he tried to scan this using a standard sized home scanner, which an entire record sleeve doesn't fit on. It can be done by scanning in sections and joining them together using photoshop or something like that but not everybody knows how to do this.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Prowler wrote:
Yes, the life circumstances sometimes are really cheap plus they play the records to the death and don't care for conditions. .
Are you being sarcastic? or are you from South America?

For starters climate has to do nothing. Is like saying most british records will be damaged because it tends to rain a lot.

What i dont understand at all either is relating life conditions with sleeve conditions :?

What i have witness is that common record dealers store vynils all together without caring how expensive they are,hence the damage taken through the years(until someone gives them advice about it of course)

I agree in the lower quality printing and paper
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Welcome to our dream
Welcome to our night
I can make you scream
I can make you fight
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Is this a dream? :lol: