Recent Metal Finds (2013)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Priamos

Post by Priamos »

The Sentinel wrote:
Trigger wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Got the reissue LP's from Jag Panzer: Tyrants and Exumer: Possessed By Fire by High Roller; excellent stuff!!
What about the bonus tracks on Tyrants? Are they good or is the LP worth buying just for them?
The bonus tracks aren't that special but maybe necessary if you're a big Jag Panzer fan. Most are inferior versions of Ample Destruction songs and some rock oriented songs. I bought the LP because of the first four songs. The layout is killer with a great poster of the front cover.
Only "The Oracle" is decent but still nothing really great. Nevertheless, as Sentinel says the rest are still a "necessary" addition for any Jag Panzer fan.
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

Last month:

Flanez ”Fast Foodt” 12”
Hammer Witch ”Return To Salem” 12”
Idol Rich “Working Girls” 12”
Talan “Spellbinder” 7”
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

leifkr wrote:Last month:

Flanez ”Fast Foodt” 12”
Was it the dirt cheap copy that popped up on eBay? Was soooooo pissed when it turned up in my saved searches and someone had just bought it :evil:

Congrats anyway
leifkr

Post by leifkr »

No, I bought it here:

http://www.karthagorecords.de

Seems like he still has a copy (or more)? If you think 40 Euros is an okay price, that is.
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

Finally it arrived, my 15 E Mordor.

It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
Parcas Sangrientas

Post by Parcas Sangrientas »

leifkr wrote:Last month:

Flanez ”Fast Foodt” 12”
Hammer Witch ”Return To Salem” 12”
Idol Rich “Working Girls” 12”
Talan “Spellbinder” 7”
Hi:How much money did you pay for the Hammer Witch ep?
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Prowler wrote:Finally it arrived, my 15 E Mordor.

Great find!
In the late '90s it was not too difficult to find and usually it was sold for around 30 to 35 DM but i was foolish to think that German rarities would always be cheap and never got it :lol:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Prowler

Post by Prowler »

chatzial wrote:
Great find!
In the late '90s it was not too difficult to find and usually it was sold for around 30 to 35 DM but i was foolish to think that German rarities would always be cheap and never got it :lol:
You wasn't that wrong. You could find that kind of german vinyl in every second hand music shop for 5-10 $ and the most cheap mailorders offered them for that price too while they simply couldn't sell it. It all changed when the "Heavy Metal made in Germany" book was released. Prices got bit higher and the second hand shops hadn't so much german private vinyls as before anymore. If I'd known what would happen later I'd have bought all those 5 DM Black Fate etc crap vinyls. But it should have been the same in Greece, Hungary, France, Spain, Czech Rep, Poland etc ... I remember when I told a greek penpal that I need Flames vinyls I got them right with the next parcel. And now try that nowadays again ... even special Molon Lave EP's are difficult to find a copy (Spider Kickers). :cry:
It's not easy to be the Antichrist ...
chatzial

Post by chatzial »

Wow tastes are different indeed!!!!
You like Spider Kickers and don't like Firstryke!!!!!

That's the great thing about different tastes, nobody is right or wrong when it comes in music. :D

Anyway i will have my eyes for a copy of Spider Kickers if you need it, it usually sells for around 30 to 40 Euros i think.

Prowler wrote:
chatzial wrote:
Great find!
You wasn't that wrong. You could find that kind of german vinyl in every second hand music shop for 5-10 $ and the most cheap mailorders offered them for that price too while they simply couldn't sell it. It all changed when the "Heavy Metal made in Germany" book was released. Prices got bit higher and the second hand shops hadn't so much german private vinyls as before anymore. If I'd known what would happen later I'd have bought all those 5 DM Black Fate etc crap vinyls. But it should have been the same in Greece, Hungary, France, Spain, Czech Rep, Poland etc ... I remember when I told a greek penpal that I need Flames vinyls I got them right with the next parcel. And now try that nowadays again ... even special Molon Lave EP's are difficult to find a copy (Spider Kickers). :cry:
E.C.S.S.R. will prevail
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

From the last two months (all CDs):

Tyrant - Mean Machine (Hot Blood 1988)
Steel Fury - Lesser Of Two Evils (NRR/SPV 1989)
Immortalis - indicium De Mortuis
Death - Scream Bloody Gore (Discovery Systems ;) )
Mortuary - Blackened Images (JL America)
Charon - Made In Aluminium (Steamhammer)
SDI - Mistreated (Hot Blood - very bad album...)
Accuser - Diabolic (fantastic album!)
Redrum - Power Corrupts (Self released)
Ruffians - Ruffians (Steamhammer)

Waiting for:
Nuclear Simphony - Lost In Wonderland (Metalmaster)
Merciless - The Awakening (CD PLANT AB matrix, anoyne knows what year it's from?)
Toxic Shock - Welcome Home Near Dark
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Great finds (Steel Fury is awesome !)
Heathen wrote: Nuclear Simphony - Lost In Wonderland (Metalmaster)
Did you fall into the MS trap too ? :?
Last edited by Helstar on Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

What do you mean?
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Another swedish want scored today:

Arrow-The Only Way 7"

good thing, paid 20usd for it,bad thing it has no printed sleeve :(
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Heathen wrote:What do you mean?
If you're looking for a legit issue then that version is ok.
If you need the first cd press, then it's the SPV/Steamhammer one from 1990 (and it has even a bonus track).
The MS entry for the Metalmaster press is wrong http://www.musik-sammler.de/album/44709
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

The Teichiku press is also from 1990 iirc.
leifkr wrote:No, I bought it here:

http://www.karthagorecords.de

Seems like he still has a copy (or more)? If you think 40 Euros is an okay price, that is.
Thank you for the info! 40 seems quite fair I'll try to get one. The one on eBay was buy it now for 15 euro I think, gone in minutes. I really like this ep definitely worth more to me.