Rare NWOBHM - added JUNO'S CLAW, LADY JANE, DOGGIE OZWALD!

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

nightsblood wrote:Ion- I assume you've heard Charger? It's rare, but has circulated on some boot comps. Definitely would be more your style. Lotus Cruise and Iona might also suit you; not as forceful as the bands you mentioned, but more straight-up/solid nwobhm. Straight Six, Bollweevil, Trident, and Deuce might also be to your liking. Sorry if you already know all these; just throwing out a few lesser-known nwobhm bands, but none of these are obscure as the ones Boris is providing so you may already have heard 'em all
Ion, if you're interested, i've got the Charger, Lotus Cruise, Bollweevil and Deuce singles (and loads more nwobhm stuff besides!) up on my blog.

http://www.liveandotherwise.blogspot.com/

Enjoy.

And thanks again to you Boris for keeping these rarities coming, great stuff!
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

"the Master" by Juno's Claw, what a scorcher, yes, that made the day. Didn't hear the other singles yet.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

@nightsblood & bigfootkit, i've already heard the stuff you recommended and indeed some of them are really killer, thanks anyway. Charger, Trident & Lotus Cruise are among my favourite 7".
boris wrote: I suppose you know Valkyrie ? if not then
http://rapidshare.com/files/198963846/valkyrie.rar

I think you might like all kinds of Deep Machine offsprings like Nevada Foxx and Touchstone, maybe even Original Sin, Duchess, Sweet Revenge, Trial By Fire, Prowler (not the 7'' band), Widow / Kamarg / Quit Bitchn', Ram, Receiver, Fury and a lot of others I can't remember right now ...
Yes, i've heard Valkyrie, pretty good single.

I remember that Sweet Revenge track you had uploaded and it was really nice. Touchstone are a bit hit 'n' miss imo, i've also heard Duchess and Original Sin but don't remember how they sounded, need to listen to them again i guess.

Don't know anything about the rest bands you listed, some names sound quite interesting though!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
boris

Post by boris »

Valkyrie is a demo, the closest they got to something real was a track on the Airship records compilation Seaside Rock, which was posted here some time ago I think.

As far as Sweet Revenge goes the song I uploaded is really the worthiest one, the rest are much weaker.

Original Sin have 80 minutes worth of demos, some are really really good, but they were very strict about not sharing this CD, as it was intended for release, then canceled .. complicated.

Don't know about Trident but Lotus Cruise have about 20 demo tracks if I remember correctly. Iona also, including their time as GBH.

I will try and upload some of the bands I've mentioned, need to have a dig among my stuff this weekend.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Valkyrie is a demo, the closest they got to something real was a track on the Airship records compilation Seaside Rock, which was posted here some time ago I think.
Sorry, my bad. It's the Cradle to the grave band right? The 7'' i meant was actually the demo.
Lotus Cruise have about 20 demo tracks if I remember correctly
Now, THAT is something i would like to hear!
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
pzman

Post by pzman »

boris wrote: I have these somewhere ... where did you hear about Trial By Fire ?
right here boris:

http://medlem.spray.se/nwobhm/demos_&_a ... _stuff.htm
boris

Post by boris »

pzman wrote:
boris wrote: I have these somewhere ... where did you hear about Trial By Fire ?
right here boris:

http://medlem.spray.se/nwobhm/demos_&_a ... _stuff.htm
ah ... that's mostly my collection ... very very not updated.
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Hehe, that website was made by me, dawnwatcher and another friend that's no longer into metal at all. We made it when we was about 15-16 years old.

Will download the singles tomorrow, Juno's Claw will be great to hear!
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Lotus Cruise demos would indeed be interesting to hear! The Iona demo was posted here awhile back by AxeCrazy;I don't remember the songs being nearly as strong as the single, but I don't remember them in any detail... another one I should re-play.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Oops, forgot to post feedback here:

Doggie Ozwald- A-side is ok, b-side is too fluffy for me
Lady Jane- first two tracks are very good, the third one is weaker
Junos Claw- interesting, slightly quirky sound. 'The Master' is easily the best track, but the third one is also kinda cool.
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Juno's Claw was a big surprise. Heavy, fuzzy, scorching music. Great!
Steve Crowther Band was a bit of a disappointment. Reminded me a bit of Hawkwind in its trippiness.
I found Doggie Ozwald rather boring.

Haven't listened to the rest yet.
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Can someone Re-Upload JUNO'S CLAW, LADY JANE and DOGGIE OZWALD ??? Thanks.
pzman

Post by pzman »

here they are lunaboy

Juno's Claw : www.megaupload.com/?d=O80KNJ0S 192 kbps
Doggie Ozwald: www.megaupload.com/?d=4VJF67R0 256 kbps
Lady Jane: www.megaupload.com/?d=5UH5WSGN 256 kbps
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Oh,Thanks a Lot!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks from me as well.