"RED, WHITE, and HEAVY" demo series

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

You got Swedish postal service prices :(
1 CD to USA costs 9.25 USD today.
sagrotan

Post by sagrotan »

guess one needs to have studied astrophysics to see through that.. :shock:

in Germany we have some strange regulation which allows to ship anything below 500gr and within the size of one LP for € 3,55 worldwide air mail (and registration is +2,05 EUR). am waiting any day that someone at Deutsche Post recognizes and revokes that - it is cheaper to ship one LP unregistered to Australia than within Germany!
Down there in the Darkness
Centuries of Evil
And his Arms will take you deeper and deeper
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Either way, what countries does "international" refer to?
ALL! Shipping prices to Canada are doubling too...
A single CD with a jewel case and bubble mailer to Canada currently costs $3.45. What is it going to be after the price increase?
$7.35 or $8.55 (if it exceeds 4 oz)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The price increase was inevitable, although not in a million years I'd have expected it to be such drastic and desperate like this...

USPS have been dying for quite few years now. It is the Congress which did this, with the ridiculous "Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act" of 2006.

The congress could not privatize the social security and put their dirty hands on its funds, so instead they devised the funky little scheme of forcing the USPS to overfund their retirement and health benefits for the next 75 years...

And of course this is destroying the USPS, forcing them to either have massive layoffs and office closures, or drastic price hikes.

It also is going to wipe out or severely cripple most small online businesses like us...
Last edited by Stormspell on Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

sagrotan wrote:in Germany we have some strange regulation which allows to ship anything below 500gr and within the size of one LP for € 3,55 worldwide air mail (and registration is +2,05 EUR). am waiting any day that someone at Deutsche Post recognizes and revokes that - it is cheaper to ship one LP unregistered to Australia than within Germany!
No wonder German vinyl labels thrive... I'm giving up on the dream to have a vinyl release. With the new postal prices it will cost around $18.60 to ship an LP to Germany - via basic airmail. If I want it registered, it is another $12.75 on top on the shipping cost (total of: $31.35)

Do you know anyone who would pay $31.35 for shipping on one LP? I don't think so...
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Honestly the hike will only minimally affect vinyl. It already costs $14+ to send one LP overseas. Maybe this is a sign you should make the switch? :lol:

These increases are really getting out of control.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

The only switch I'm contemplating at the moment is USA for Europe...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GandALF wrote:
Avenger wrote:Either way, what countries does "international" refer to?
ALL! Shipping prices to Canada are doubling too...
A single CD with a jewel case and bubble mailer to Canada currently costs $3.45. What is it going to be after the price increase?
$7.35 or $8.55 (if it exceeds 4 oz)
How the hell is a $3.00 increase justified?... Fuck off USA.

If I lived in amuuuuurica I would have abandoned ship a long time ago.

I give even more props to Ben (sideshowdisaster) for moving to Australia now.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Well, not that canadian prices are any better ... Dominic always sends without plastic cases to save on shipping !
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:Well, not that canadian prices are any better ... Dominic always sends without plastic cases to save on shipping !
True but they have always been high to begin with and slight increases along the way. There has never been a $3.00 increase or doubling in prices.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Dudes, it is the republicans in the US Congress which are driving the USPS into the ground with their ridiculous "Postal Enhancement" act. They simply want to ruin it, then amend the constitution and privatize it, so their corporate buddies can run it and pocket all the profit. A simple story of greed, just like everything in this country these days...
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

GandALF wrote:Dudes, it is the republicans in the US Congress which are driving the USPS into the ground with their ridiculous "Postal Enhancement" act. They simply want to ruin it, then amend the constitution and privatize it, so their corporate buddies can run it and pocket all the profit. A simple story of greed, just like everything in this country these days...
A wise man once said, "Anyone who would seek office is not fit for office".
I cannot, I shall not, I will not obey.
Avenger wrote : I'm not a copyright office nor a judicial entity.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

btw, any clues about the next releases ?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I really don't know. With USPS going bezerk and killing us with their new insane international shipping prices, the future of small online businesses in USA looks quite bleak and uncertain right now...

I'm taking a bit of time off to see how it goes and to decide if I want to soldier and carry on, or put the label on hold until I can move back to Europe.
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

GandALF wrote:Dudes, it is the republicans in the US Congress which are driving the USPS into the ground with their ridiculous "Postal Enhancement" act. They simply want to ruin it, then amend the constitution and privatize it, so their corporate buddies can run it and pocket all the profit. A simple story of greed, just like everything in this country these days...
Just like EVERYTHING where i live in Michigan. Quoted for truth.