HELL

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

HumanRemains wrote:I gave you my word that we would re-think this, and I genuinely care about what people like you think - you're the lifeblood and it's you guys who give us a reason to do what we do.

I talked with Andy today, and I can now confirm that the album will be a double-sided CD. All the new stuff on one side, flip it over and all the remastered original stuff will be on the reverse.

People power........

Best wishes Kev
GREAT news. As long as the original material is ok, I'm fine.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Noooooooooo, double sided CDs are worse than downloads and cheap CD-R's. Just get Rich to put it out, it's the best option you have.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

I didnt even know there was something like a double sided CD. How can you tell which side is which? there is not a label obviously. Or are there micro labels on the very small plastic ring without data in the middle?
Sounds like a shit idea to be honest
Last edited by The Knell on Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Knell wrote:Or are there micro labels on the very small plastic ring without data in the middle?
Yes. We have three of those here and they're crap.
HumanRemains

Post by HumanRemains »

....you see the problem?

No matter what happens, somebody's gonna hate it. The only way to please all of the people all of the time is to do about ten different versions so everyone's happy.

FYI double-sided CD's are a new innovation and are shit-hot. Imagine a clear vinyl LP with a full, double-sided, 12"-wide label sandwiched in between the two sides, and you'll get the idea. The decision to go with this was based largely on our unwillingness to totally re-do all the artwork and packaging which already a year late thanks to the guy's workload. As it stands now, we already have to re-do the front cover photography because someone else has taken the idea and used it on their fuckin' album, the bastards.

OK, at least let me try something else for the second album (yes, the second) and get your opinions before a single note is struck.

Requests please.......
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Black Axe wrote:
The Knell wrote:Or are there micro labels on the very small plastic ring without data in the middle?
Sound wise?
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The Knell wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
Sound wise?
I guess that's not even that bad, I haven't compared with a regular version of the same (they're shit-hot, so thankfully, they're not available for music I listen to often). It's just crap to handle and they easily damage.
It's like vinyl made out of thin glass. Plus they just suck.

On another note, which band and album got the artwork?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Yeah, there is only a small band near the center rim where a side indication label can be printed.

We thoroughly researched this option when we started doing the CD+DVD projects coz it was cheaper and compact option than having a double CD+DVD package in double case.

However, the majority of the customers tend to dislike it coz with having both surfaces being playing surface the thing tend to scratch incredibly easy, and no way to avoid fingerprints all over it regardless how carefully it is handled

Also the bigger problem was that being slightly thicker than regular CD, some older model cd players have problems with em. and the biggest drawback is, they are totally not recommended to be used in car stereos which load the CDs horizontally through a thin slot. so we dropped the idea.

Of course the technology may have changed since we last researched it (approx 2 years ago) and they may be thinner and safe to use elsewhere now.

Having said all this, it will not stop me personally from buying the HELL release, if this is the format it will be released. Just some input I thought could be helpful.
Shadow Kingdom

Post by Shadow Kingdom »

If you just release a regular CD or a regular LP version of the ORIGINAL RECORDINGS (re-mastered) through Miskatonic, everyone will be happy.

Getting too fancy can be headaches anyway...
mordred

Post by mordred »

I think it's rather unbelievable how many people seem to think they honestly know and understand HELL better than Kevin Bower does.

I for one am curious about the new album. I don't think I will take a chance on it, but any samples made available I will surely listen to it and if I like it I will buy it. Or I may buy it on recommendation if people I trust like it.

As for the old recordings, I already have a lot of them to listen to and if that's all I'm ever going to get I will be fine, because these copies have been fine to me for years. If there are better copies with improved sound quality to be made available, then great. If made available and the quality is noticeably superior to the copies I have I will get it, regardless of format or context. Separate release would be fine, packed together with the new album would be fine as well, even downloads (though preferably .wav or .flac files) would do it.

Not every good or semi good archive recording from the 80's needs to be released on cd or vinyl and sold 25+ years later in my opinion. I'm getting a little weary with that kind of thing. More and more often these days I find that suddenly an old rehearsal or demo recording I've had on cd-r or tape for ages suddenly gets officially released and I can buy it. I simply don't have the time, the money or the interest to get all of these even if it's good music.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I just don't understand why the new and old material can't be released separately? I don't see how that's asking a lot...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
DMR

Post by DMR »

I have some questions. If the new album comes with a bonus disc of old demos, will the box set still be released? If so, will the tracks from the bonus disc be included?
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

I remember that at the time when my brother released the Sore Throat's "Death to capitalist Halmshaw" CD, Rich Militia told us that he was able to gather all the Hell's Rehearsal, Live, Unreleases and Demo tapes ever existing and he was looking for a good label to release it.

At the time...around 2005 if my memory is good, we tried to release it thru Areadeath Productions, after the release of the 2nd part of the Sore Throat discography. Due to some personal problems (both my brother and me) we could never release both the ST and the Hell boxset, but I think Rich Militia should have already remastered all the Hell's tons of tapes he found.

Hope the complete collection will see the light of day, in a near future
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

The band Hell, or an emo industrial band? I'm going with the latter.