Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

$30-$40US I would say...?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Is Anesthesia - s/t any good? And how much is it worth?

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

This is a scan of Drive - Characters In Time CD.

Boot, right? Was it originally released on CD?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:This is a scan of Drive - Characters In Time CD.

That's actually legit. I know it looks bootleg-ish but Rhino/Rampage were never the most consistent label around. I did quite a bit of searching around to confirm this when I got my copy. There is actually an identical greek bootleg, but of course it's the “oh, so common” album title for a matrix.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

mordred wrote:I'm thinking of getting rid of my HADES "If at First..." original cd since I also have it on much sexier vinyl. Any value in this?
Is it the Medusa/Torrid (US) press or the Roadrunner (Germany) press?

If it's the US press, does it have a cut-out to the inserts at all?

Korgull is right though, a copy in decent shape without any cuts is worth about $30-40 US on ebay, either label.

perishinflames wrote:Is Anesthesia - s/t any good? And how much is it worth?

Sorry dude, can't help you there. I've put off hearing this album for ages, for some reason. :o
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

perishinflames wrote:Is Anesthesia - s/t any good? And how much is it worth?

Not bad, if generic, hardcore influenced thrash.

Not sure what the value is. Got mine for $1 about a year ago out of the cheap-o bins at a used music store.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:

That's actually legit.
oh fuck... ;) I thought its a lame imitation (with error "LAX" instead of "JAX") of the "CAPITOL JAX" matrix...

The matrix does not look like coming from any known pressing plant from that time... Even if the label was crap, they had to have theyr CDs pressed by some normal plant. And in addition to the weird matrix there are also stains and shades on the disc (at least on the two I saw). I'd does not add up for me...
akira

Post by akira »

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:

That's actually legit.
oh fuck... ;) I thought its a lame imitation (with error "LAX" instead of "JAX") of the "CAPITOL JAX" matrix...

The matrix does not look like coming from any known pressing plant from that time... Even if the label was crap, they had to have theyr CDs pressed by some normal plant. And in addition to the weird matrix there are also stains and shades on the disc (at least on the two I saw). I'd does not add up for me...

My cd looks different. It's red and is printed Jax. Letters and numbers are printed on the upper side of the disc
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:
Avenger wrote:#2. There is AT LEAST 3-4 different legit pressings of this CD. 3 from the US, all with a different matrix. One is more recent and has an IFPI Code. The last is the Japan pressing.
Do you mean there was an 8 track version with IFPI? That I've never seen or heard of, These Boots was deleted prior to 1994. Or are you including the 7 track versions in those numbers? There should be Japanese 8 track, Nimbus 8 track, Nimbus 7 track and then another 7 track with IFPI correct?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the Combat pressed CD with the original artwork. Not necessarily the 8 track version. Those specific pressings were what I was talking about. Now that I think about it more though, there is also another one, American made, 8 tracks, no IFPI codes with the matrix entered in that musik sammler entry. So that would be at least 5 now.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

akira wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:
That's actually legit.

My cd looks different. It's red and is printed Jax. Letters and numbers are printed on the upper side of the disc
Scan please.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Avenger wrote:
perishinflames wrote:
Avenger wrote:#2. There is AT LEAST 3-4 different legit pressings of this CD. 3 from the US, all with a different matrix. One is more recent and has an IFPI Code. The last is the Japan pressing.
Do you mean there was an 8 track version with IFPI? That I've never seen or heard of, These Boots was deleted prior to 1994. Or are you including the 7 track versions in those numbers? There should be Japanese 8 track, Nimbus 8 track, Nimbus 7 track and then another 7 track with IFPI correct?
Sorry, I should have been more specific. I'm talking about the Combat pressed CD with the original artwork. Not necessarily the 8 track version. Those specific pressings were what I was talking about. Now that I think about it more though, there is also another one, American made, 8 tracks, no IFPI codes with the matrix entered in that musik sammler entry. So that would be at least 5 now.
My friend also has a Canadian copy with uncensored These Boots, Combat is the only label listed and the layout of the back insert is slightly different. Disc and inserts both say made in Canada. I don't remember the matrix. But its definitely legit, he bought a few copies in a chain store (Tower Records I think) in Toronto when he was up there. So make that 6.
akira

Post by akira »

Avenger wrote:
akira wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:

Scan please.

Here's the number. It's a bit murky, but it's visible

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

This one is of course 100% original with a proper Capitol JAX matrix. And this only confirms, that the other version which looks like 100% boot is a boot. A very common one.
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

I got the red one, too and I bought it back when it came out. I've never seen the other one actually.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:This one is of course 100% original with a proper Capitol JAX matrix. And this only confirms, that the other version which looks like 100% boot is a boot. A very common one.
So there is two different bootlegs? Oh and pricekillers sold another one to me.