Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

Nebuchadnezzar wrote:
SideShow wrote:
Yah, that was my (only semi-serious) offer he "turned down". Translation: didn't have the common courtesy of responding back and saying "no".

I'm starting to think stormspell is right. Dude probably has a stack of these stashed away that he's trickling out for top dollar. I'd be willing to bet another copy "turns" up soon...
I bet my half collection that if you'll send him another email asking him why he didn't send just the "no" respond he will answer that he "lost" the email... :lol:
:lol: He probably would, but I won't be emailing him again. If he can't do me the courtesy of just saying no, then he can get fucked.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

SideShow wrote: I'm starting to think stormspell is right. Dude probably has a stack of these stashed away that he's trickling out for top dollar. I'd be willing to bet another copy "turns" up soon...
And without that shill bid account, he wouldn't even get 200$ for it 8)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

this Ray character should be happy you guys are willing to pay $100+ for his beercoaster of a cd and sell you whatever he got in his stash. Shill-bidding on $200 price is lame and only makes eBay rich and happy collecting those final value fees. By the time he actually manages to sell one at $250+ he would have spend $100 in fees already... if that's not an epitome of stoopid I dont know what is...

I'm actually quite happy all those IMPACTs are turning on eGay right now generating serious cashos. It is quite good free promotion for my upcoming re-release.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Btw is there a date, I mean, not the exact day, just approximately, 1 week, 1 month, within the end of summer/end of year, or somethin' :)
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

doing anything to the sound?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

stormspell wrote:It is quite good free promotion for my upcoming re-release.
Too bad you dont ship to eastern europe (because 16$ for a CD = no shipping) like shipping to Poland is more insecure than shipping to Greece, Portugal or Australia :roll:
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

Shipping to Greece is secure if there are scums (like in every country) who claim that they didn't get the stuff it's another thing.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

16$ a cd ? Seriously ? Also to Italy ?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Helstar wrote:16$ a cd ? Seriously ? Also to Italy ?
http://stormspell.bigcartel.com/shipping-info

...or you can pay by international bank transfer which probabily costs pretty much the same ;)

And the solution is - i think - simple. Payment by paypal but not selecting the "payment for bought items" option, but just simple "send money to relatives/friends" option. Then the "buyer protection" is disabled and noone is going to take the money back.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

But seriously, 16$ ? Stormspell, care to explain ? I have received like 5 cds at once from USA for that sum xD ! Priority mail (20 days max).
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

No way man. Maybe First Class International is that price, not Priority. Add registered mail costs to the price and its nearly as expensive as EMS, and way slower and still not secure. I completely understand Stormspell's rationale in this regard, he sends shittons of packages everywhere, and lost packages (whether really lost or only claimed to be) are a big problem. EMS is the best solution, for only a few dollars more than 1st class registered and way better service, everything fully trackable.

Expensive shipping sucks, I really don't want to pay 20 Euro for 1 LP from Finland etc, but this is the reality in todays world.
Last edited by perishinflames on Fri Jun 18, 2010 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Yes I meant not registered, don't know if there is a difference between not priority or first class or whatever :)

Btw since I'm back no cds are missing (either received or sent), very good ! From China Australia and Japan all ok too !
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

http://cgi.ebay.com/SENTENCED-SHADOWS-P ... 20b155192b

Some poor schmuck just paid $170 for a boot :(
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Helstar wrote:Btw is there a date, I mean, not the exact day, just approximately, 1 week, 1 month, within the end of summer/end of year, or somethin' :)
Since Darren hasnt gotten the artwork and booklet materials to me yet. I'd say it looks like late summer/fall release, once I'm back from my annual trip to Europe
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote:doing anything to the sound?
We're remastering it as best as we could. Given that this "album" is actually a compilation of two demo sessions with the master tapes long time gone, we're limited to "polishing the turds" mostly, figuratively speaking :lol: