FUTURE TENSE

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

doomedplanet wrote:I just noticed this comment. Unfortunately I agree with you, I fucked up on the insert, it came out too dark, but it wasn't supposed to be that way. Unfortunately to print a nice insert like that added $600 to the cost of the release and I was hugely disappointed. I don't think I even made my money back with this release.
ironchains wrote:AMAZING RELEASE! got my copy and i would say: everything is perfect except but the lyrics sheet. lyrics are written in small size and sometimes is hard to see it because background is too dark (maybe could be just my copy), also sheet has just one printed side. but record and music is good, good choice for re-release
I'm sorry you lost money on this one. Perhaps it's comforting to know that people love it so much, so I'll add to that and say I adore this record as well. Great release - hope you'll do more of this quality.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Rob

Post by Rob »

Anyway, it was cool to remember.

By the way, "Go to Hell".
6is9
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Wow, people actually love this band? :? I heard some songs of their '83 demo and some re-recorded stuff and neither impressed me.
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Black Axe wrote:Wow, people actually love this band? :? I heard some songs of their '83 demo and some re-recorded stuff and neither impressed me.
I've heard neither of those but if you like early Kat and Running Wild you're bound to be a fan of this one.
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Cochino

Post by Cochino »

Black Axe wrote:Wow, people actually love this band? :? I heard some songs of their '83 demo and some re-recorded stuff and neither impressed me.
Well that demo didn't impress me much neither, I just liked the songs Battle Of Metal and Go To Hell, but Condemned To The Gallows is fuckin' great. I totally reccomend you to listen to that, even if you didn't like the demo. There are some significant changes in their style, is much darker.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Cochino wrote:
Well that demo didn't impress me much neither, I just liked the songs Battle Of Metal and Go To Hell, but Condemned To The Gallows is fuckin' great. I totally reccomend you to listen to that, even if you didn't like the demo. There are some significant changes in their style, is much darker.
Might have to check that one out if I ever come accross it.

@Nightlock: They had the same dark atmosphere as RW, but musically it didn't remind me of them.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

you can "come across it" right here:

http://doomedplanet.fateback.com/

I have 3 copies left.
Black Axe wrote:
Might have to check that one out if I ever come accross it.
zincalloy

Post by zincalloy »

It's really a masterpiece of evil heavy metal.Ah,i don't remember in which site but i think i saw somewhere Future Tense-Demo 1979!(I am idiot because i forgot to save the page and it's years i saw it).Did anyone know something about it?I have doubts it exists
Warbus

Post by Warbus »

I had the original pressing of "Future tense" but traded it for an original Warhorse "s/t". I like to think I won in that trade. :lol:
pommikone

Post by pommikone »

Warbus wrote:
I had the original pressing of "Future tense" but traded it for an original Warhorse "s/t". I like to think I won in that trade. :lol:
Hah! I've been really happy with the trade. As I still have another Warhorse "s/t" lying here. 8)
Nocturnal Graves

Post by Nocturnal Graves »

Hell yeah, a killer MLP. Battle of Metal demo also rules... Those screaming vocals on the MLP are wild as fukk.
Pestkrieg

Post by Pestkrieg »

Anyone know of anywhere with a copy of the Doomed Planet re-release LP available?
Zdan

Post by Zdan »

I frickin' adore this band. Very much up my alley. Reminds me sometimes of our legends - Kat. Evil metal all the way.

Would buy the re-release on LP but alas I'm a CD-only guy (not by choice). Still waiting for this sucker being re-released on CD someday. I can only hope...
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

Zdan wrote:I frickin' adore this band. Very much up my alley. Reminds me sometimes of our legends - Kat. Evil metal all the way.

Would buy the re-release on LP but alas I'm a CD-only guy (not by choice). Still waiting for this sucker being re-released on CD someday. I can only hope...
wasnt it suppose to be reissue last year? its one of those things i´ve been waiting for a long time to happen :?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

MEXDefenderOfSteel wrote:
Zdan wrote:I frickin' adore this band. Very much up my alley. Reminds me sometimes of our legends - Kat. Evil metal all the way.

wasnt it suppose to be reissue last year? its one of those things i´ve been waiting for a long time to happen :?
Yeah, there seems to be a ton of re-issues that have been announced over the last few years that never end up seeing the light of day. Which is disappointing. At least for example the Cyperus demos are going to be finally put out since Stormspell couldn't work out a deal and Arkyen Steel has picked them up instead.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."