Early NWOAHM tracks or something 7"

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Rockadelic wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
Rockadelic wrote:You want a heavy track try this US one from '56.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-RwvmPyYY
No Boyd Bennett or Esquerita?
Nah....Boyd is pretty weak.....
BLASPHEMY!
Well OK, 'heavy' doesn't describe 'em that well, or much of anything else from that time period. Sorry, I feel compelled to stand up for 'em; the King LP was one of my absolute favorites growing up; my dad played it all the time

No idea about the mystery track, I'd guess latest 70s/earliest 80s (79-82). We'll find out in due time
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

thanks for sharing the song John, it kills.
Eskew Reeder

Post by Eskew Reeder »

nightsblood wrote:
Rockadelic wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
No Boyd Bennett or Esquerita?
BLASPHEMY!
Well OK, 'heavy' doesn't describe 'em that well, or much of anything else from that time period. Sorry, I feel compelled to stand up for 'em; the King LP was one of my absolute favorites growing up; my dad played it all the time

No idea about the mystery track, I'd guess latest 70s/earliest 80s (79-82). We'll find out in due time
I got to spend a few days with Boyd.

I was involved with the re-issue of his legendary King LP.

By the time I met him he was born again and doing Gospel.

He told some wild stories about the music business in the 50's that wouldn't sound that exciting in 2010....

He was a good dude......RIP.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

*speechless*
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Rockadelic wrote:
nightsblood wrote:
Rockadelic wrote:
BLASPHEMY!

I got to spend a few days with Boyd.

I was involved with the re-issue of his legendary King LP.

By the time I met him he was born again and doing Gospel.

He told some wild stories about the music business in the 50's that wouldn't sound that exciting in 2010....

He was a good dude......RIP.
Very cool!
Don't think my dad ever got to meet him. He's still looking for the two EPs on King. He bought something from you on ebay not too long ago (turn of the year maybe), but I don't remember what
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
mustardgasattack

Post by mustardgasattack »

So this band is called Lazer or the song is called Lazer? Either way this song is fucking awesome!!!! Kinda reminds me of Cirith Ungol with a bastard child of Eric Adams and Ian Gillian singing. Thank you for sharing!!
Keir

Post by Keir »

glockose wrote:This is one of those records that helps prove my point of everything didn't start in the UK or with Manowar........

Things were going on in small towns very earlly in the USA the same as the UK.
Oh, you mean like this track from Missouri, 1980?

http://www.divshare.com/download/11281085-8be
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

The SQUADRAN single from 1978 is another good example of this.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

Keir wrote:
glockose wrote:This is one of those records that helps prove my point of everything didn't start in the UK or with Manowar........

Things were going on in small towns very earlly in the USA the same as the UK.
Oh, you mean like this track from Missouri, 1980?

http://www.divshare.com/download/11281085-8be
Yes - another Great lost Track
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Keir- that's a pretty cool tune! Not bad at all

Re: Squadran- TBH that one didn't do much for me (vocals are the big prob). 'Fly Away' doesn't really sound out of place for late 70s (lame) hard rock. 'The Wall' is definitely ahead of its time stylistically.
-Becky
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

mustardgasattack wrote:So this band is called Lazer or the song is called Lazer? Either way this song is fucking awesome!!!! Kinda reminds me of Cirith Ungol with a bastard child of Eric Adams and Ian Gillian singing. Thank you for sharing!!
Yeah, this song's pretty wild! As for Keir's "The Power", it puts me in mind of Sweet's heavy B-sides. I like!
Rockadelic wrote:You want a heavy track try this US one from '56.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sx-RwvmPyYY
I was hoping that was going to be a Link Wray track.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
anthares

Post by anthares »

Nice! Now there is some untamed singing!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I think it's safe to say that Mr. Glockose's tastes are situated for the most part in the first half of the 80's.

Either way, that track kicked ass, and what's wrong with the vocals? It's total Mid 70's Halford worship to my ears. I also find it funny that someone would claim this to sound like Manowar? I don't see the resemblance and if this is from before '82 then those claims don't hold up at all.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Maybe not as good as the tracks submitted by Glockose and Keir, but this one is fairly metallic for 1978:

http://www.divshare.com/download/11326546-3ff

and I daresay this one's pretty heavy for 1979 (this one was featured on Glockose's radio show):

http://www.divshare.com/download/11326563-a72
-Becky
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

nightsblood wrote: and I daresay this one's pretty heavy for 1979 (this one was featured on Glockose's radio show):
Radioshow? I want to hear that...
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80