Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

deathster wrote:Its just my observation from distance. I have noticed quite many mint (at least on picture) Herpes and Astaroth EPs since 2005/06 or so. Therefore my doubts or questions.
Ah OK. I thought there was something to compare.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DMR

Post by DMR »

Has anyone heard Margoth & the Jabs single from 1988? The two songs are called Child of the Northern Lights and Thor. I have no idea what it's like or even if it's metal, but the song titles are interesting.
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Metalipeiklo wrote:
N.W.O.O.F.G.M. wrote:ARIA - Blood for Blood LP.

I just got that - the printing quality on the sleeve is awful, nothing strange there, common in many Russian records. On the back of the sleeve there is the logo of the Sintez, with 1-013-C-6 written below it.

What I find odd, are the labels on the record itself, they have only the bands logo, the number of the side and the titles of the record and the songs. No mention of the record company, or a single copyright notice anywhere.

On the run out grooves, there is a sequence of numbers.

Side A: 060 -31639/1 - 1
Side B: 060 -31640/1 -1

Bootleg, or not?
I think it depends on the fact that the LP was pressed during a quite chaotic time when it came to Russian business in general (including record companies), legal notices and company names weren't very important when there were basically no laws governing copyright and such things.

Yea, who would bootleg such an album one can ask, but why not...
Who knows? Since this is obviously is the only way it was ever released on vinyl, I'm pretty happy to own a copy. Even when the production values were shot to hell.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
DanM

Post by DanM »

Does anyone know about the Motorhead - Overkill LP? (1979, Bronze, issue code BRON 515)
Which is rarer out of the Green vinyl and the Black vinyl? I know Green vinyl was 15,000 copies and released 3 weeks after original black. But I am not sure which is more uncommon.

Is there a website with information on this I tried cultmetal.com/metal archives but no info to be found.

Dan
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Have you checked this site? http://www.motorheadoverkill.se/
DanM

Post by DanM »

thanks
GJ

Post by GJ »

DanM = Dan's Mum, or a case of split personality?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

GJ wrote:DanM = Dan's Mum, or a case of split personality?
No, DaN couldn't log in with his password the other day and he created a new account :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
humus

Post by humus »

I got Master (Chicago) - S/T LP last week from a friend, but when I played it today I noticed something odd about the label. It has the Pallas record plant logo on it, and the text 'Unverkautliche musterplatte'. I know the first word means not to be sold, but I'm not sure about the second. I guess it's a testpress?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

humus wrote:I got Master (Chicago) - S/T LP last week from a friend, but when I played it today I noticed something odd about the label. It has the Pallas record plant logo on it, and the text 'Unverkautliche musterplatte'. I know the first word means not to be sold, but I'm not sure about the second. I guess it's a testpress?
Unverkäufliche Musterplatte = testpress
we're eat babies flesh
humus

Post by humus »

Boohoo, my first testpress :cry:
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

haha

send it to me
we're eat babies flesh
Milos

Pantera I am the Night - reissue or original

Post by Milos »

Hi, please can anyone tell me how to recognize original vinyl LP Pantera I am the Night and its reissue? On ebay, there are both available, but how to distinguish original press ? And which label and when made that reissue? Someone knows?
Thanks a lot, cheers.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

easy, the sound quality is too much different, but as you cant check that unless get it, ask for the matrix, or pic of the inner part of the cover. A reissue has a very white color inside, while an original tend to have a white tune faded due the pass of time...
gauze

Post by gauze »

Does anyone know if there are English language variations of the first 3 Loudness Studio LPs (Birthday Eve, Devil Soldier and Law of Devil's Land)?
the future language