Cloven Hoof

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...

Stand up and Be Counted!

The Opening Ritual
9%
Cloven Hoof
56%
Fighting Back
No votes
Dominator
16%
A Sultans Ransom
19%
Eye of The Sun
No votes

Total votes: 32

mordred

Post by mordred »

Eon wrote:New samples can be heard in the News section:
http://www.cloven-hoof.co.uk/
It's just such a pity Russ North isn't singing on this. :(
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

Glad to see they wrote The Trooper.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

As far as I'm concerned this is and was the worst singer of the Cloven Hoof roster.
pzman

Post by pzman »

Black Axe wrote:As far as I'm concerned this is and was the worst singer of the Cloven Hoof roster.
agreed.
Outcast

Post by Outcast »

Huh, very tough choice between s/t and Dominator. :?
DMR

Post by DMR »

pzman wrote:
Black Axe wrote:As far as I'm concerned this is and was the worst singer of the Cloven Hoof roster.
agreed.
Come on, I don't like him much either, but he's a hell of a lot better than the jackass who sang on Fighting Back.
GJ

Post by GJ »

DMR wrote:Come on, I don't like him much either, but he's a hell of a lot better than the jackass who sang on Fighting Back.
No way! :D Some of the songs off Fighting Back may suck big time, but Rob Kendrick is in fact a very good singer! I really like his work on the future Dominator songs (Fugitive and Reach for the Sky).

Looking forward to the original Russ North versions of these new tracks surfacing (sometime in the far future). Ultima Manet Specs. :wink:
mordred

Post by mordred »

This singer is not bad or anything, he just doesn't have the majestic colorful voice of Russ North or the raw edge of Dave Potter. I'd put him at least on the same level as the Fighting Back singer though, and I think I like Eye of the Sun more than Fighting Back.
I will listen to this anyway, the samples sound OK. In the meantime I'll second this:
GJ wrote:Looking forward to the original Russ North versions of these new tracks surfacing (sometime in the far future).
... and add the original Russ North versions of the Eye of the Sun album songs. Lee Payne told me they demoed the whole album with Russ's vocals in 2004.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D