How much does XY LP / CD cost?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Troma

Post by Troma »

- double post
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Rick wrote: That's Ramp's 1995 album. The only thing I like by them is their previous release, 'Thoughts' (and even that one is not exactly my kind of thing).
Yes you're right :) nothing special, but I found it for 20 bucks NEW, so I've made it mine, eventhough I don't know its value ... the debut is ultra-rare I think.

This band is not even listed on musik-sammler ? I wonder why, I think the latest cds are really common... maybe this band is just unknown.
Rick

Post by Rick »

I have the debut in CD, but back then I never got to buy the vinyl version.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

You have the best format *coff* *coff* :)
Is the vinyl more rare than the cd or the same ?
Rick

Post by Rick »

I don't know. The CD was released after the vinyl version, with three extra tracks (which made it about the length of a regular album, since the vinyl was a 12" EP). It was one of those items I could "eventually acquire", because it was usual to see it around selling for the equivalent of €5 or something years after its release, together with all those Tarantula albums, Iberia, V12, etc. Then after the nineties with the growth of the internet and the appearance of all the collector websites suddenly those albums were costing upwards of €100. I wish I'd known that a few years earlier. But I was always broke, so... (even more than I usually am these days).

Still, I remember occasionally having done goods deals, such as buying both Iberia albums for €5 each, getting home and finding the 7" inside one of them.

Concerning Ramp, I think this review of 'Thoughts' at classicthrash.com hits the nail on the head:
Ramp's Thoughts serves as a reminder of the low attention span of bands who tend to ride the wave of whatever is currently considered hot in the scene. While the band's debut release is almost as competent an example of thrash metal as anything out there, only a couple of years later and they had already jumped on the bandwagon of groove metal. But if you don't mind their career past this album, Thoughts is indeed not that bad. Sufficient speed, semi-catchy riffs, it's all there. The vocals have something of a nasty tone in them which adds some originality that this recording would otherwise lack. Also the production is meaty enough so that you don't need to give a second thought to non-musical values when listening to this one. Far from original but still worth another look if easily available, that's the main promise of Ramp's first offering.
Rick

Post by Rick »

Recently I let go of a Holy Terror 'Terror and Submission' test pressing to get an original 'I.N.R.I.' by Sarcófago. Both were in average-to-good condition. I don't mind if it was a bad trade, because it was for a very good friend who truly loves Holy Terror. But I have been wondering ever since. What do you guys think? Was it a balanced deal or was one of us luckier than the other?
Troma

Post by Troma »

Rick wrote:Recently I let go of a Holy Terror 'Terror and Submission' test pressing to get an original 'I.N.R.I.' by Sarcófago. Both were in average-to-good condition. I don't mind if it was a bad trade, because it was for a very good friend who truly loves Holy Terror. But I have been wondering ever since. What do you guys think? Was it a balanced deal or was one of us luckier than the other?
I guess the Sarcofago is worth more than the Holy Terror.Insane people pay up to 100€ for a mint one. Test pressings aren't that popular too I think.
But If I had to decide for the music I would prefer the Holy Terror. Its one of my all time favourites...
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

Rob wrote:Yep, Portugal. I wonder what that surprise might be.

I just bought "Annihilation Absolute" LP, Metal Masters version, and I was told that even though it has fewer tracks it's the best version in terms of sound. So I was wondering what you guys know about it.
There are actually two different recordings. The first one on Metal Masters was released around one year earlier as the Metal Blade version and contains six tracks.

The later version was recorded at the same studio but is completely different. The sound is similar but in terms of guitar work and things like this I prefer the Metal Masters version - BUT the Metal Blade version has some great tracks, which aren't on the Metal Masters version (above all "Cruel Sea").

So it's worth to have both versions. They have there highs and lows (mostly highs) and are (for me) some of the best Metal recordings ever.

There's a new remastered version out on CD which unfortunately only contains the Metal Blade recording. So far the Metal Masters EP wasn't released on CD at all.
There are some demos, which would make a good addition.
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

What would be a decent price for the very first DOKKEN Single "Hard Rock Woman"? Any ideas?
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
Rob

Post by Rob »

Thanks a lot for the info heavymetalmaniac. Do you know how much the record might value these days? Not that I'm thinking of selling it. :D
Cheers!
6is9
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Rick wrote:Recently I let go of a Holy Terror 'Terror and Submission' test pressing to get an original 'I.N.R.I.' by Sarcófago. Both were in average-to-good condition. I don't mind if it was a bad trade, because it was for a very good friend who truly loves Holy Terror. But I have been wondering ever since. What do you guys think? Was it a balanced deal or was one of us luckier than the other?
Testpresses are usually not too valuable unless it's Manowar or Iron Maiden etc,
Black Metal/ Black/Death Metal mostly got a heavy knack on them though
Holy Terror doesnt seem to me to belong to the "collectibles" of metal though generally well respected
In my opinion a decent trade if you are not really into testpressings...but for a band I truely love I had to keep that LP and decline the trade. And for Holy Terror...I wouldve kept it...testpressings are mostly scarce and a nice collection item for me
But the Sarcofago debut is really great too
tough thing and depends wholly on your taste / collecting behaviour
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Rick

Post by Rick »

Good. I guess it's both of us satisfied then.
heavymetalmaniac

Post by heavymetalmaniac »

Rob wrote:Thanks a lot for the info heavymetalmaniac. Do you know how much the record might value these days? Not that I'm thinking of selling it. :D
Cheers!
Unfortunately I don't have a clue. I have both releases in different formats(except for the EP, which was only released on vinyl) but am not thinking about selling one either. But it certainly would be interesting to know what the Metal Master EP value might be. So any contribution to this matter would be welcome.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

heavymetalmaniac wrote:
Rob wrote:Thanks a lot for the info heavymetalmaniac. Do you know how much the record might value these days? Not that I'm thinking of selling it. :D
Cheers!
Unfortunately I don't have a clue. I have both releases in different formats(except for the EP, which was only released on vinyl) but am not thinking about selling one either. But it certainly would be interesting to know what the Metal Master EP value might be. So any contribution to this matter would be welcome.
Shouldn't be expensive though.Maybe the Metal Masters a little more pricey,but nothing outrageous really,both affordable but I can't say a price range,just I'm pretty sure it's low...
Never trust the Goblin King....
nabel

Post by nabel »

What about "Live - The Island Years" vinyl by Anthrax? I could not find one in Popsike. I have one for sale/trade.