Most Epic Songs Of All Times

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
ION BRITTON

Most Epic Songs Of All Times

Post by ION BRITTON »

Which tunes you think are the most epic? It doesn't have to be necessarily a heavy metal song. Let the Hero inside you rise...

Here are some of my favorites:

BATHORY- Odens ride over Nordland/A fine day to die. The intro is the most epic thing my ears ever heard. As simple as that. Cold, blood freezing and out of this world. "A fine day to die" is the most brutal, fierce and savage hymn of the Battle a man ever conceived. I could mention several other Bathory songs, but these two are enough for the time being.

BASIL POLEDOURIS - Prologue/Anvil of Crom. From the Conan the Barbarian soundtrack. I can almost see Conan marching among his savage hordes every time i hear this Paean. Utterly divine.

MANOWAR - Secret of steel. OK, you already know this one. Joe DeMaio and co. reached the metal Olympus with this true hymn. This is the real Manowar!

CIRITH UNGOL - War eternal. My favorite track from this great great band. Black Sabbath on speed with incredibly epic riffing and lyrics inspired from Michael Moorcock's works. The solo on the finale must be one of the most dramatic i've ever heard. Also, Tim Baker is not just singing, he is spitting Flames! A truly timeless piece of steel.

That's it from me. Waiting for your replies now. I know there's a lot more to mention...
Last edited by ION BRITTON on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Junkyard Barbarian

Post by Junkyard Barbarian »

Bathory-A Fine Day To Die
Cirith Ungol-Master Of The Pit
Yes-Close To The Edge
Rush-2112
Absu-And Shineth Unto The Cold Comet
the entire Fearless Undead Machines album by Deceased
Iron Maiden-Rime Of The Ancient Mariner
Mercyful Fate-Satan's Fall
Self improvement is masturbation. Now self destruction...
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Not necessarily Metal, eh? That makes it easier:

CARDIACS - "The Alphabet Business Concern"

(damn, I think I'll have to upload this masterpiece just to prove my point)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The whole SCALD (Rus) Album
Long Live The Loud !!!
Ernstv

Post by Ernstv »

Candlemass - Solitude
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Bathory: Oden ride over nordland
Bathory: Shores in Flames
Bathory: Blood and Iron
Bathory: Twilight of the gods
Bathory: Bond of blood
Bathory: The lake
Bathory: Father to son
Manowar: Defender
Manowar: Hail to England
Venom: at war with satan
Running wild: Genesis

and so on
Patrik_D

Post by Patrik_D »

Rainbow - Stargazer
Bathory - One Rode To Asa Bay
Bathory - Father To Son
Bathory - Baptized In Fire & Ice
Manowar - Battle Hymn
Manowar - Dark Avenger
Judas Priest - Victim Of Changes
Mercyful Fate - At The Sound Of The Demon Bell, Melissa, Satans Fall, most of the stuff on DBTO I find very epic
Various stuff from both King Diamond & Mercyful Fate
Venom - At War With Satan
I SENTENCE YOU TO DEATH....

BY GUILLOTINE
Keir

Post by Keir »

Fimbul wrote:Bathory - One Rode To Asa Bay
This would be the first song that I think of when I hear the word "epic".
Fimbul wrote:Judas Priest - Victim Of Changes
Musically yes, but the lyrics really kill the epicness of the song for me. If I were to pick one Priest song it would probably be Dreamer Deceiver (same album anyway!)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

DaN wrote:Not necessarily Metal, eh? That makes it easier:

CARDIACS - "The Alphabet Business Concern"

(damn, I think I'll have to upload this masterpiece just to prove my point)
Unusual and surely unexpected choice, but the song is great indeed. Marvelous marching feeling, it strangely reminds me songs of the communistic USSR(!).
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Keir wrote: If I were to pick one Priest song it would probably be Dreamer Deceiver (same album anyway!)
For me that would be "The Sentinel". Killer track from a killer album from 1984. Those were the days...
peterott

Post by peterott »

Turbo - Last Warrior (on the Last Warrior LP/Noise Rec.) which I prefer over the Ostatni Wojownik version, as it has an even better sound.
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

Well although i don't like the term ''epic'' since i am not into ''Dungeons And Dragons'' i will refer some:
1 Bathory-Hammerheart
2 Manowar-Into Glory Ride
3 Headstone-Excalibur
4 Dark Knight-Dark Knight
5 Adramelch-Irae Melanox
6 Brocas Helm-Into Battle
7 Manilla Road-Crystal Logic
8 Omen-Battle Cry
9 Warlord-Deliver Us
10 Virgin Steele-Noble Savage

That's some i can think by now :?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

A quick but necessary addition:

BRIDE - Heroes: Save the total epicness of the song and its lyrics, you can also hear some of the most metallic piercing screams in the history of metal. Bride never again released something similar to this hymn. Unfortunately...

MANILLA ROAD - Avatar: "...The Sentinels of Darksied are hunting for my heart, THEY WILL NEVER DEFEAT ME, I shall find the Avatar..."
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

ION BRITTON wrote:BRIDE - Heroes: Save the total epicness of the song and its lyrics, you can also hear some of the most metallic piercing screams in the history of metal. Bride never again released something similar to this hymn. Unfortunately...
Yes i agree I have listened to the TRACK it is one of the highlights in Heavy Metal and one of my favourite songs of all time really a hymn.Unfortunately i haven't heard anything else from this band except this track. :cry:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Fucking Åmål wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:BRIDE - Heroes: Save the total epicness of the song and its lyrics, you can also hear some of the most metallic piercing screams in the history of metal. Bride never again released something similar to this hymn. Unfortunately...
Yes i agree I have listened to the TRACK it is one of the highlights in Heavy Metal and one of my favourite songs of all time really a hymn.Unfortunately i haven't heard anything else from this band except this track. :cry:
You can try Bride's first two albums "Show no mercy" and "Live to die". The song "Heroes" is in the second one. After these two LPs they released only disasters IMO.