Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Troma

Post by Troma »

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0543599027

Is that the normal price for Hell Awaits? What is it? German Pressing?
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

This is one of those slimline budget, cheap, EP look-alike releases people like sovdat are spending their monthly wages on :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

No that's not the slimline, that's the regular jewel case version. Yeah it's a German pressing, the slimlines were manufactured in Japan. But that's at least twice the price that CD should usually go for.

lol at the Angel Dust

NOT A BOOTLEG, MATRIX USDM... :lol:
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

stormspell wrote:Savage Grace re-releases with bonuses are coming out next month.
I just saw that on Dennis's Sentinel Steel page. Looks they are going to be remixed though - so maybe somebody still wants the original.

I sure hope so!
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Troma wrote:http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0543599027

Is that the normal price for Hell Awaits? What is it? German Pressing?
Never judge what a CD is worth on the basis of a pricekillers auction ;)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

In The Raw wrote:
stormspell wrote:Savage Grace re-releases with bonuses are coming out next month.
I just saw that on Dennis's Sentinel Steel page. Looks they are going to be remixed though - so maybe somebody still wants the original.

I sure hope so!
From what I was told LMP is releasing them as double CD sets, one disc is remixed and remastered, the other is with the original recording for old-school purists.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

The difference is that the first one has an OBI and the second one doesn't.

I personally contacted the seller and am pretty sure that the picture he sent me is still on my work laptop.

If you want it for whatever reason let me know.

I also aleeady have a copy of this CD, with an OBI, however, this copy was bought by a friend of mine.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Helstar wrote:
And there is even a drill hole ^^ I keep my mint copy gladly :) won't sell it even for 500$ !
I also got my copy that's in mint condition without a cut-out for around $40.

It was purchased individually from an auction lot.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:This is one of those slimline budget, cheap, EP look-alike releases people like sovdat are spending their monthly wages on :lol:
That's not a Slimline dude...
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:That's not a Slimline dude...
Alright, but it is still cheap budget look-alike anyway.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:
Avenger wrote:That's not a Slimline dude...
Alright, but it is still cheap budget look-alike anyway.
Haha, that's what all the early Roadrunner discs looked like.

Not to be offensive but the thickness and pressing quality of those old Roadrunner CD's is quite a bit higher then the stuff you put out. At least the earlier offerings. If I remember correctly weren't some of your CD's manufactured/pressed in Taiwan? I'd have to check the IFPI Codes to confirm this though. I'm behind purchasing a lot of the new re-issued stuff, so perhaps that has changed.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Agreed, a lot of that old RR stuff was of great quality, especially the slimlines as they were made in Japan. Maybe not in terms of having massive booklets and other fluff but the quality of the discs and print, as well as the mastering is top notch for the most part. Even the cheapass Price Killers, SPV Mid Price CDs are well pressed and sound great. Nowadays only Japanese pressed CDs don't feel 'cheap' to me, the rest are pretty crappy.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Avenger wrote:The difference is that the first one has an OBI and the second one doesn't.
I already said that I was the winner of the 12.5$ one :) still waiting for it though. I don't see the OBI in the other auctions anyway ?
perishinflames wrote:Even the cheapass Price Killers, SPV Mid Price CDs are well pressed and sound great
I disagree, some Price Killers really suck ... the Chastain one for example, and try to see those cds with a light behind, holes everywhere ^^
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

Helstar wrote:and try to see those cds with a light behind, holes everywhere ^^
This is some phenomenon I heard about recently!! :?

Was unaware of pin holes in CD's...??

Anyone have anymore info?
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Need more info ? You already have everything in your hand ^^
Just look at your cds through a light (as already said) ... unfortunately yes, it's true, cds aren't "immortal".

Depending on the quality of the materials and the way they are dealt with (also humidity, sun, etc.) the surface as time goes by literally loses some 'pieces' ^^

If the holes are really big, you can have serious problems on listening (skips, volumes up/down, etc)

An example