Insane ebay auctions - CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Helstar wrote:Yes, I was referring to it (in the "half" joke...), you were the only one understanding that :)

http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0547658170

Since when this one is selling for so much ? I got it for 10$ (more or less) some years ago ^^ I remember there were many on auctions and nobody was buying it ! lol ! Unbelievable.
Whoever paid such money for this TENSION CD is total nuts.
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

There are too many nuts on eBay now ... nobody of them buying from me though xD
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Helstar wrote:There are too many nuts on eBay now ... nobody of them buying from me though xD
Me too. :D

After my SAVAGE GRACE debacle I could try and sell my TENSION but I'd probably get a top offer of 25 bucks or something.

Not really the place for this but I just remembered my most insane "let it slip out of my fingers" moment.... I had THIS...

http://rateyourmusic.com/release/comp/e ... _violence/

.... and sold it for about 50 bucks in the mid 90's. Craziest part of the story? I knew a record dealer in NYC who had a BOX of these and offered them to me for 50 cents a disc. I passed. :cry:

What does that go for now? 10 grand or something?
"On your feet, or on your knees"
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

Pity about the Exodus cd, it was already sold for over 200$ 8 years ago, I think now 400$ or something ?

What is that Savage Grace debacle ^^ ? One of the Black Dragon cds or some vinyl ?
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Helstar wrote:Pity about the Exodus cd, it was already sold for over 200$ 8 years ago, I think now 400$ or something ?

What is that Savage Grace debacle ^^ ? One of the Black Dragon cds or some vinyl ?
Not that big a deal - I have an original Black dragon cd and it did not meet the reserve AND all my bids were from Greece and Italy. Now don't get me wrong, I love Greeks and Italians but I have heard horror stories about shipping to those countries.

Anyway, I still have the cd and will probably just seek to make a private deal to avoid more fees.
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

Do you remember if those exodus CDs had hole punches? I've been told that they all came with holes and would like a confirmation. Thanks
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

It is well known that we the people in Greece & Italy have a great taste when it comes to music. it is also well known that we have 5 ears, 6 hands, 3 nooses & one proboscis each... :lol: :lol:
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Helstar wrote:http://cgi.ebay.it/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0547658170

Since when this one is selling for so much ? I got it for 10$ (more or less) some years ago ^^ I remember there were many on auctions and nobody was buying it ! lol ! Unbelievable.
I'm pretty sure Sovdat posted on of those some months ago that was around the same price, so it's not the first time. Nuts
Helstar

Post by Helstar »

In The Raw wrote: Not that big a deal - I have an original Black dragon cd and it did not meet the reserve AND all my bids were from Greece and Italy. Now don't get me wrong, I love Greeks and Italians but I have heard horror stories about shipping to those countries.
Since when I started again to buy/trade (end of last year) all ok, I've even received a package from China yesterday !
I think bad postmen can be everywhere ... I can't really complain as back in time also everything worked perfect, and I'm quite sure that all those cds which didn't arrive reason was -> not sent by seller ^^
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote:Do you remember if those exodus CDs had hole punches? I've been told that they all came with holes and would like a confirmation. Thanks
They all have holes.

What happened was this - that cd was scheduled for release and was pulled at the last second due to a court order (at least thats what I heard). Combat was told to destroy all remaining copies but a few of them were smuggled out by an employee there.

My friend was a clerk at a NYC record shop that got a couple of these and I bought mine there.

The cd never made it to market and was never sold in a regular record store. I'm guessing the "hole punch" discs that made it out were promos and that that any non-punched discs were destroyed.
In The Raw

Post by In The Raw »

Helstar wrote:
In The Raw wrote: Not that big a deal - I have an original Black dragon cd and it did not meet the reserve AND all my bids were from Greece and Italy. Now don't get me wrong, I love Greeks and Italians but I have heard horror stories about shipping to those countries.
Since when I started again to buy/trade (end of last year) all ok, I've even received a package from China yesterday !
I think bad postmen can be everywhere ... I can't really complain as back in time also everything worked perfect, and I'm quite sure that all those cds which didn't arrive reason was -> not sent by seller ^^
Sure. And just so everyone is aware, I have no problem with Greeks or Italians. I'm simply repeating what I have been warned about from some other sellers.

I'm talking about shipping and post office problems - not the people themselves.

I have not really had any problems except for one guy in Italy who claimed he never got his package and that was after he refused to pay for tracking or insurance. I will not send a package without it any more because of that.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Yes, there was another Tension auction that went for some ridicilous $$$ not long ago.

I wanted to bid on your SG CD, but couldn't really afford it at the time ... ;) Don't know how much were you asking for it, but it was obviously more than I'd be willing to pay for this CD anyway ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/SAVAGE-GRACE-MASTER ... 3a58182b3b

James (kreator72) gave me that info about Exodus CD: All copies he had and all other copies he saw had punch holes. I guess that the sum of both would be about 15-20 copies, can't really remember anymore ... And he sold the last one for $555 ;)
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Savage Grace re-releases with bonuses are coming out next month.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »