"complete" collections

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I liked everything up until 'Irrational Anthems' and whilst I have everything after this, I find these later albums quite unlistenable...

Also 'Wayward Sons...' is more of a Sabbat sounding album than 'Mourning Has Broken'!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

If I ever get fixaded enough to manically collect everything with one band I'd definitely go for these bands w/ meagre outputs too. Awesome UK SABBAT loot there 8)

I'm quite close w/ SINDROME, but there's so much merchandise stuff I'm missing which is rather impossible to track down today. Will post a pic of the current collection soon..
Crows In Black

Post by Crows In Black »

I guess these aren't technically complete, but they are sort of.....all the studio albums of the original lineups for both bands, Loudness and Accept.

Balls To The Wall is a French version with poster, and Russian Roulette sleeve is signed by the whole band
deathster

Post by deathster »

Salem stuff.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Awesome stuff
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I was browsing the "archive" of the forum and came upon this awesome old thread that really needs a bump! Crazy collector mania applied to narrow & very specific concepts = good fun!

This one's gonna make you all green with envy & awe I'm sure... I give thee:
THE COMPLETE (?) ROOTS OF 80'S RAP-METAL COLLECTION!!!!

daniel

Post by daniel »

Ooooh, 'Metal Rap', haha, I've seen that one around, SEALED, but didn't dare pick it up, well I know it's crap let's leave it at that ;) Though the Bravestar gone Klan-member caught in a 'rare' moment of bible thumping anti-metal preaching following a failed attempt at aligning the flag with horizontal perfection, since he couldn't see through the soggy/shitstained(coloured in to disguise the truth) knickers of the $3 Mexican/Ukranian prostitute he almost managed to have sex with after somehow getting the state of the art stolen Soviet telephone to finally work in a frenzy of desperate lust following the end credits of 'Dallas' holds a subtle sort of charm, akin to that of eating old cheesy crisps that have gone all hard and weird after having been left out from the night before, yet somehow you still have another.

Oh and shouldn't RUN-DMC be in there?
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Reapersgrave

Post by Reapersgrave »

I agree with the music ADD quotes. I have some collections near complete (at least in terms of recorded output, but no where close when it comes to all editions/pressing/etc), and with smaller/new bands i started collecting early on have everything, but every day "discover/re-discover" some band and suddenly want all their records if possible. Other bands I enjoy I just can't comprehend ever getting close to everything (Nunslaughter, etc). I also wanted to collect certain catelogues (Banzai Speed Metal, Deathlike Silence, Nuclear War Now!, Bestial Onslaught, SST Records for example), a certain artist (Ed Repka, Pushead, Halseycaust, Chris Moyen) or even certain years in speed/thrash, etc. The list goes on.

I also agree sometimes it sucks, a band will have a poor album, or a 7'' impossible to find due to poor distribution, or even eras of discography that are rare/out of print because the band is embarrassed with them (let's just use Glamtera and Neo-Destruction as examples, but there's definitely more!) and usually a combination of these reasons makes you feel lame, especially if you had to shuffle out $75-100 for a CD copy of "The Least Successful Human Cannonball" or something to complete your destruction discography :lol:
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

A funny sub-theme for the thread, for us crazy collectors:
Mediocre Bands That You've Suddenly/Randomly Seem To Have Collected Everything With Without Even Trying.

Part 1 - DaN's HARD DAY [Tyazholvyj Den'] collection:

The Knell

Post by The Knell »

:lol:
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Got the white version of the single today. :)

THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

i have now every known Casbah demo up to 1994. Turns out the rest is ca. half as good as the stuff up to Infinite Pain though.
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

M.B.T.Y.S/R.S.T.H.C.E.W.W.E.T. Part II - DaN's STEEL CROWN collection:

C'mon now, don't be shy.. I know have you have 'em too.
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

what is that brutal acronymn? I do have all those Steel Crown items, nice photo.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

doomedplanet wrote:what is that brutal acronymn? I do have all those Steel Crown items, nice photo.
DaN wrote:A funny sub-theme for the thread, for us crazy collectors:
Mediocre Bands That You've Suddenly/Randomly Seem To Have Collected Everything With Without Even Trying.
Your turn!

edit: Since I pulled it out for the photo I put on "sunset warriors" and it's really not too bad. (the A-side at least...)