MESSIAH (US-Michigan)

Share rare mp3s with forum members. PLZ READ UPDATE!
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Thanks, Ome.
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Wimpy, this?! You've got to be kidding :shock:

Great stuff, thanks for sharing.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

I never understood this LP.

For me it's Crap
To others it's Gold

I think folks get turned on sometimes by the (Covers & Hype) and then it doesn't matter what a record sounds like.

The second record is much better for me.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

glockose wrote:I never understood this LP.

For me it's Crap
To others it's Gold

I think folks get turned on sometimes by the (Covers & Hype) and then it doesn't matter what a record sounds like.
Couldn't agree more
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
anthares

Post by anthares »

glockose wrote: I think folks get turned on sometimes by the (Covers & Hype) and then it doesn't matter what a record sounds like.

The second record is much better for me.
Going Insane? It doesnt differ much from previous I think.

How is their demo btw?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The record doesn't sound wimpy at all. It just sounds "relaxed" and very moody. It takes you back to ancient mysterious times. The A side is "infinite/10" and the B side "7/10". Just my cup of tea.
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

It's strange this debate about MESSIAH, I listened to this album just before uploading (I haven't listened to it for ages) and I was not able to state if I like it or not. I have listened to it twice since and I still don't know what to think of it !
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

Another one for it!

"I HEAR THE DRUMS OF WAR, POUNDING AT THE DOOR, GOD IS ANGRY AND I HEAR TRUMPETS ROAR, HATE IS JUST A SIN, BUT IN THE END WE'LL WIN... CAN'T YOU HEAR THE VOICE CALLING FROM WITHIN.... PEOPLE WE'VE GOT TO CHANGE FOR WHO'S TO BLAME?!"
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've always found this album over-rated. I don't think it's terrible, just rather boring at times. Mediocre at best in my book. I'm glad that the CD bootleg I have of this only cost me $4.00.

I'd much rather listen to this Messiah:

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=41346

On the other hand, I've never heard the EP. If someone would be kind enough to do the honours, it would be appreciated.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

Avenger wrote: On the other hand, I've never heard the EP. If someone would be kind enough to do the honours, it would be appreciated.
I don't think that many have it, it's even harder to find then the LP.

You can get the songs here though: http://www.motorcityrock.com/bands/mess ... audio.html

The first five songs are from the EP.
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

The past few days, this album has been on my mp3 player, allowing me to familiarize myself quite a lot with it. The verdict?

Like. Definitely. A lot!

Why?

The music is not wimpy, the riffs mean business, even though they are rather simple, and they are metal riffs - not hard rock, not AOR, just metal. Yes, this is a more relaxed and mystical perhaps record, with the singer contributing a lot to this album's particular feeling. A nice, warm voice, with vocal lines that are catchy as, well, heaven in this case. Aggressive and imposing he may not be, but there is no need to hold this against him.

The first five songs are absolutely amazing, however, I believe that Lucifer is the best of this bunch. Maybe it's just me, but the keys and the vocal harmonies, give this song a Blue Oyster Cult Spectres' era vibe, at least to my ears.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
Avenger wrote: On the other hand, I've never heard the EP. If someone would be kind enough to do the honours, it would be appreciated.
I don't think that many have it, it's even harder to find then the LP.

You can get the songs here though: http://www.motorcityrock.com/bands/mess ... audio.html

The first five songs are from the EP.
Thank you.

I'll give this a listen when I get home tonight.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

Its a decent album, nothing more. Their EP on the other hand has a much better sound.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Okay, I just finished listening to the EP for the first time. The production is definitely better, compared the full-length but that's where any superiorities end. The EP is boring and even though I'm not a big lyric guy, I even found the majority of the content rather terrible. There's nothing remotely moving about this album and with the exception of "We Will Rock", it pretty much just plods along at the same pace, following sequence to the exact same song patterns. In the end I'm glad that I finally got to hear this and also glad that I can now tell other people to avoid it.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Rereleased on CD by Retroactive/Mod
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart