Bargains??

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Knell wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Really don't know exact prices but the Black task MLP I found some months ago for 15 euro. I remember getting Medieval Steel, couple Defender MLP's, Sword 7"s, Reincarnate 7", Nattsvart 7", Blasphemy "FAOD" red vinyl, ADX records, Xcel, Overlord (Can), Avalon (Can), Mercyful Fate (white border), Iron Maiden boots, Morbid Saint, High Power, Hellhammer 1 press, and a lot of other stuff for peanuts.

I was extemely happy when I bought the first Kraken (Col) for 70 euros. Not a bargain but I don't think I will ever see it again.
Nice but for Kraken, I dont think theyre that rare/pricey compared to other colombian records. Ive seen every album for around 20-50€
Maybe the second and third one but the first is rare as hell; probably "Graf Spee"-like rare.
Long Live The Loud !!!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Really, I got mine for 40e.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Sentinel wrote:
The Knell wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:Really don't know exact prices but the Black task MLP I found some months ago for 15 euro. I remember getting Medieval Steel, couple Defender MLP's, Sword 7"s, Reincarnate 7", Nattsvart 7", Blasphemy "FAOD" red vinyl, ADX records, Xcel, Overlord (Can), Avalon (Can), Mercyful Fate (white border), Iron Maiden boots, Morbid Saint, High Power, Hellhammer 1 press, and a lot of other stuff for peanuts.

I was extemely happy when I bought the first Kraken (Col) for 70 euros. Not a bargain but I don't think I will ever see it again.
Nice but for Kraken, I dont think theyre that rare/pricey compared to other colombian records. Ive seen every album for around 20-50€
Maybe the second and third one but the first is rare as hell; probably "Graf Spee"-like rare.
Wierd, Ive seen several copies of the first...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

The Knell wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:
The Knell wrote:
Wierd, Ive seen several copies of the first...
I see now on popsike that indeed several copies have been sold for approx $40,- on the net. Pretty good price for a such a great thing. It looks like they all came from the same seller; so, maybe someone from the band. Before that batch I've never ever seen one on the net or in the "wild".
Long Live The Loud !!!
daniel

Post by daniel »

In the wild :lol: a good expression :)
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I think the craziest & most unlikely find I ever did was the 2 LPs by Spaniards CROM at Stockholm's largest fleamarket (Skärholmen loppis, R.I.P.) 10+ years ago, for about €5 each. Mint condition and signed by the whole band (I guess some friend or relative of the band emigrated to Sthlm?)

I didn't get into them at the time so I ended up trading them to TPL-Patrik for some Death SS vinyls some months later...
TheGreatEscape

Post by TheGreatEscape »

I found 5 (yes, five) copies of LEATHER NUNN - Take the night LP in a record shop in Jacksonville ... the prices were all between $3.99 (for a VG copy) up to $9.99 (for a copy still in shrink). This was back in 1996 ...

Another good score was to buy records from a guy from the UK; he got the stuff directly from the bands to do a review for his magazine:

Banshee - 7" Canada (several copies, £18 each)
Bathory - Yellow Goat £12
Leather Nunn - Take the night LP £20
Mayhem - Deathcrush EP Powercorpse (Orig.) £15
Mein Kampf - Speeder 7" £20
Myth - Metal to the pedal 7" (several copies, £18 each)
Razor - Armed and dangerous EP £15
Tyrants Reign - Year of the tyrant EP £18
Wyzard - Future knights EP £35
and many more ... but that's also looooong ago!

I moved last summer and it was fun to see all the old lists when he offered me the stuff ...

I also missed a lot of stuff like Prowler / Yoke Of Steel 8" from Japan and several hundred Original Demo Tapes.
daniel

Post by daniel »

That's AMAZING! Haha. It's like the ultimate dream come true! Can't believe it...

Got any copies of Leather Nunn, Wyzard or Tyrant's Reign for sale? ;)
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Argh Blurgh.... like Khnud said: Please close this thread I am getting various heart attacks reading all that shit from Kyr and Matt...

My only bargain is each Monday morning in the supermarket to buy the old cheese and joghurt soon running out of time..I buy it for half the price and feel like having found a VG Leather Nunn for 3,99 US$ :-)

"Back in time...." has to be listened now from Thruster :-)
malegys

Post by malegys »

daniel wrote:Kyr, when did you buy White Night off Steve? I remember looking at a copy of it at his girlfriend's place in 2004 or 5...
I bought a copy of White Night off him for 60€ in 2003. He had like 15 copies of it. Also some other good stuff. I still see him sometimes, but i don't think he sells anymore. Last time i saw he was selling some old tee-shirts at a gig. I don't think he was in prison for very long,because he went to a hospital too (like for 1year & a half in total or something).
"Do you like Wenom?"
GJ

Post by GJ »

DaN wrote:I think the craziest & most unlikely find I ever did was the 2 LPs by Spaniards CROM at Stockholm's largest fleamarket (Skärholmen loppis, R.I.P.) 10+ years ago, for about €5 each. Mint condition and signed by the whole band (I guess some friend or relative of the band emigrated to Sthlm?)

I didn't get into them at the time so I ended up trading them to TPL-Patrik for some Death SS vinyls some months later...
Ah, maybe you'll remember this:
"Julle!! Keep on Rockin'
Heavy birthday
Luis"

I must have gotten my copy from Patrik (Steel for an Age, never saw Wastelands). :D ...and R.I.P. indeed.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

some stuff here is unreal. 5 leather nunns??
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Another good one:

Sarcofago original INRI LP mint
Tormentor anno domini original demo tape
Nihilist 7''

all three for $50, back in 2002
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

BREAKER (Can) - In Days of Heavy Metal - 6,5 Euro
AXATAK - S/T 4 Euro
ORDER FROM CHAOS - Stillbirth Machine LP (Decapitated) 2 copies for 2,5 Euro each.

Nothing special compare to another guys :roll:
humus

Post by humus »

Some of the best:
Poison LP + Morbid LP (orange) + Samhain 7" + Sathanas 7" + Pentacle 7" (all Midian creations releases here indeed) for €20
Vulture - Fatal games CD for €2
Sixty nine - Just for the fun LP (with the condom) for free
Mercyful fate - Die schwarze maske...mit gefolge LP (promo stamp) for €20
Convulse - World without god LP for €15
Worship/Agathocles 7" for €5 (part of a 20 single package)
Original Nihilist, Chemical breath, Bolt thrower, Dismember,...shirts for 7 euro's or less