Bargains??

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Andreas

Post by Andreas »

MassOfKthulu wrote: White Night :$33 to a notorious belgian that got locked up for pedofilia
Almost everybody I know refuses to buy anything from him now. Even if he would offer me The Sybling for 5 euros, I wouldn't buy it :).
Although 33$ is a mighty fine price.

Goddamned why wasn't I 8 years old when I met that notorious pedophile. I would have had a wonderful collection (and a lot of pain in the rear end , probably) :)
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Deathrider CD - 1 dollar
Living Death - Killing in Action CD - free

I don't remember anything else rare that I really got for cheap right now, but considering the nowadays market prices stuff like Arbitrater for 50 GBP, Detente PK for 60€, Innerfear CD for $60, 2 Silence CDs for $85 alltogether, 2nd Vulture for 20€, 1st Grinder for 35€, Hirax for $35, both INCs for $115 alltogether and many more could count as bargains too ...
N.W.O.O.F.G.M.

Post by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. »

Khnud wrote:Close this thread, please. This is too painful. :)
Pretty please. :cry:

The only real bargain I managed to find, was about 10 years ago, when I bought the Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss LP (marbled vinyl, 2000 #ed copies) for 4.200 drachmes (about 12 euros).

Also, during the early 00's, when vinyl was considered dead and forgotten, I bought some releases in their vinyl editions because they were cheaper than the CDs. Some of them, are now in the $100+ area.

However, almost none of them are within the scope of this forum. :?
Last edited by N.W.O.O.F.G.M. on Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ария make a metalhead want to speak Russian!
Dirty Rocker

Post by Dirty Rocker »

Have done some good bargains but can't remember the prices etc.
Arc war of the ring, traitors gate, damascus, behemoth private press version and others for max 10 dollars each. Also, found one extremely rare nwobhm 7'' for about 80 euros which I traded away and got stuff for 2000-2500 euros.
THE DAWN OF THE MEGA-METAL
daniel

Post by daniel »

Kyr, when did you buy White Night off Steve? I remember looking at a copy of it at his girlfriend's place in 2004 or 5...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Destrozer

Post by Destrozer »

Well, if it's about free stuff... then I have got tons of great stuff through the years. This weekend I got for free:

Sarcofago INRI shirt OFFICIAL (my old one that I actually ordered from Cogumelo many years ago)
Pokolgep LIVE shirt
Tales of the Macabre all six issues
Flames of Hell CD
Mortem decomposed... CD
Necros Christos grave damnation MCD

and probably some some more that I forgot
Good friends rule!
MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

@Andreas: HAHA,nice trade away!
Daniel,perhaps 2003 or 2004 latest,i think back then he was listing breaker (CAN) and white night eps and noone was really interested.I did have to pay 100 euro for my breaker copy so thats not a bargain to me
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear
anthares

Post by anthares »

Some good bargains:

Both Blasphemy albums for 2 € each
Poison - into the abyss 2€
Pentagram - Relentless/The day of reconing "7 2€

In Brasil:
Desolation Angels lp 3€
Vulcano "7 10€
+ shitloads of other stuff

etc.
Keir

Post by Keir »

Great thread! I love reading stuff like this.

Last year I got Aryon - Rebels of the Night for free from a band member. That was probably my best deal ever.

A while back there was the 200+ lot of shape discs I got for about $1 each. Lots of Azra stuff in there, got some really good trades out of that.

Got Druid - Four Curses and several less rare records (Witchfynde, Metal Clogs, Takashi, etc.) from a local guy a few years ago. Offered him $75 for the lot and he was quite pleased! This was the same guy I bought Titanic -Then There Was Rock from for under $30. Funny thing about that Druid single, I immediately turned around and traded it for Dawnwatcher,then bought another on eBay for about $50 and traded that for another big want of mine (Danger Zone I think). I'd kind of like to own Druid someday for more than a couple days, but it's trade value is way higher than the music is worth to me.
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

2 maniac CDs (original one) : $5 each

when i visit tokyo 2003 or 2004, i bought them at a used cd shop.
it seems they did not know the value at that moment.

but when i have been tokyo last year, i found the same shop is selling the bootleg cd of maniac for $20. :D now they know.
tbieri

Re: Bargains??

Post by tbieri »

Doomed Beast wrote: My best is probably walking into a record store in Melbourne and picking up the Heathen's Rage 12" and Satan's Host red vinyl. Both in near mint condition for $30 AU each.
Concerning Heathens Rage; A Recordshop in my hometown had it in the 80ies for $ 16.-, but i didn't buy it because i found the production too bad and i thought $ 16.- is too expensive for just 3 songs ! Years later in 93 or 94, when the shop closed the doors, they still had it and i've buyed it in the clearance sale for $ 10.- ! :D
Luckily i did it then !
daniel

Post by daniel »

Let's see, nothing too earth-shattering, but a few things I was happy with in some way at the time:

MANIMALS - 'Blood Id The Harvest' EP 8e
EXCALIBUR - 'To The Bitter End' EP 7.5e
ADRAMELCH - 'Irae Melanox' $5
SLAUGHTER - 'Strappado' $10
MORBID ANGEL - 'Altars of Madness' smt like 2e
KILLEN LP traded for MANILLA ROAD's 'Courts of Chaos' (thanks GJ :))
VALHALLA EP 70e
EMERALD - 'Armed For Battle' EP 160e
BREAKER(CAN) - 'In Days of Heavy Metal' 100e
MANILLA ROAD - 'Crystal Logic' sealed $5
SARACEN - 'Heroes, Saints and Fools' 8e
GLACIER EP sealed 8e
MALIBU BARBI 12" $40
JAG PANZER - 'Ample Destruction' $10
SABRE - 'On The Prowl' free
THRUSTER 7" free in trade
STYGIAN SHORE EP 15e
SPARTAN WARRIOR - 'Steel 'n' Chains' smt like 7e
CRUCIFIXION - 'Green Eyes' 12" 3e
HIGH POWER - 'Violons Du Satan' 35e
DER KAISER - 'Le Griffe De L'Empire' 40e
AGRESSOR - 'Neverending Destiny' 2e
PROUD - 'Fire Breaks The Dawn' 0.10e
FROZEN EYES LP 20e
V/A - 'Heavy Metal & Live' 6e (early Finnish metal)
TAROT - 'Spell of Iron' 4e
EVIL - 'Evil's Message' EP $10
STILLBORN - 'Necrospirituals' 9e
TALIÖN - 'Killing The World' free
SEPILTURA - 'Schizophrenia' 2e
RAZOR - 'Custom Killing' 2e
METALLICA - 'Creeping Death' 2e
MESSIAH - 'Hymns To Abramelin' white border $10 + 'Extreme Cold Weather' $10
DESTRUCTOR - 'Maximum Destruction' $10
CANCER - 'To The Gory End' 10e + 'Death Shall Rise' 10e
BATHORY - 'Twilight of the Gods' 1e
AUTOPSY - 'Severed Survival' original, free
CANDLEMASS - 'Epicus Doomicus Metallicus' original shirt, free
MACABRE - 'Grim REality' EP 9e
IMMOLATION - 'Dawn of Possession' 10e
ANCIENT GREASE - 'Women And Children First' free
DUST - 'Haed Attack' 2e
SIR LORD BALTIMORE - 'Kingdom Come' 10e
NIEMEN, KAAMOS, all early WIGWAM, GUN, TULL etc. free ...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

Many of my records where bought in the day, so to nowadays prices, are now almost free... Or when many people started to sell their lps and bought lp, i gathered all that trash they didnt wat and sold to very cheap prices... Satans Host , Taist of Iron, Prophecy, Black Hole, Bathory yellow goat, Venoms albums signed, slayer rarities, Bulldozer, Witchfinder General pics and singles, Militia demos, Dungeon, Mass, Haloweed, spitfire, Death SS, Paul Chain, Sarcofagus, Apocalipsis, Zeus, Megaton, losts of Brazilean lps, Strappado tapes and boots, slaughter ep and boots, ...etc
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Really don't know exact prices but the Black task MLP I found some months ago for 15 euro. I remember getting Medieval Steel, couple Defender MLP's, Sword 7"s, Reincarnate 7", Nattsvart 7", Blasphemy "FAOD" red vinyl, ADX records, Xcel, Overlord (Can), Avalon (Can), Mercyful Fate (white border), Iron Maiden boots, Morbid Saint, High Power, Hellhammer 1 press, and a lot of other stuff for peanuts.

I was extemely happy when I bought the first Kraken (Col) for 70 euros. Not a bargain but I don't think I will ever see it again.
Long Live The Loud !!!
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

The Sentinel wrote:Really don't know exact prices but the Black task MLP I found some months ago for 15 euro. I remember getting Medieval Steel, couple Defender MLP's, Sword 7"s, Reincarnate 7", Nattsvart 7", Blasphemy "FAOD" red vinyl, ADX records, Xcel, Overlord (Can), Avalon (Can), Mercyful Fate (white border), Iron Maiden boots, Morbid Saint, High Power, Hellhammer 1 press, and a lot of other stuff for peanuts.

I was extemely happy when I bought the first Kraken (Col) for 70 euros. Not a bargain but I don't think I will ever see it again.
Nice but for Kraken, I dont think theyre that rare/pricey compared to other colombian records. Ive seen every album for around 20-50€