opinions about the old French metal scene

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
anthares

Post by anthares »

I fucking love french metal!! I cant believe that there has been so much of talented songwriters. Just because they didnt sing in english no one gave them much of attention. BUt I have to say that I love them more becuase of the french accent. Like it is with brasilian metal.

Faves:
H AND H, H-BOMB, DER KAISER, SORTILEGE, ARC EN CIEL (someone give me that freaking single!)
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Agree, french metal is great. ADX is really one of my favourite metal bands, the first 3 albums are immortal masterpieces. But AUROCH, DEMON EYES, MARIENTHAL, EXCESS, DER KAISER, H and H, H-BOMB and many more are definitely must haves. French bands had something very special not to be heard outside France...
Long Live The Loud !!!
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

No one mentionned here one of the finest french metal band : ANTHRACITE. Check the "Plus Précieux que l'or" album, a real masterpiece !
Fucking Åmål

Post by Fucking Åmål »

French metal=One of the greatest metal scenes.

A friend of mine the Saturday asked me does that France has a metal Scene?He refered that he don't like metal singed in French.

I said:Although i don't know and i think horrible language the french i love French singing.Its something unique and great it really suits with Power/Heavy.

I think that's the main reason for not success(almost unknown) of the French metal.There are mostly negative comments about French singing.

Bands like BLASPHEME(the best French band ever),STEEL ANGEL(French answer to US metal),SORTILEGE excellent the first mini LP,VENIN what an EP,AXTON PRYTE highclass high pitched,high quality metal.

also some more excellence>>>DER KAISER,SEISMES,DRIFTER,DAMOCLES,TITAN,LONEWOLF

These are my faves from France i hope i will hear more treasures.

High Expectation but sadly Letdown-VULCAIN.Those MOTORHEAD influences does really bad... :cry:
Fils Du Metal

Post by Fils Du Metal »

Don't ask me about my opinion about the French metal scene :-) For me definitely number one otherwise I wouldn't have released the mighty VIXEN album and the HOLSTER album. More to follow hopefully.
As it was already written: Many people don't like songs with French vocals....for me the French language gives the perfect Vo-kills....much better than English sung metal, ok throw stones at me...I also love English sung metal but French metal argh...the best on earth...the bigger bands with their masterpieces like Satan Jokers first or Vulcain-Rock'n Roll Secours (which i like personally more than any Motörhead LP). The scene was big look at all the releases especially in 7" format. Although many are hard-rock there are some beauties in between like 38 TONNES, HOTCHKISS, ASTAROTH or DAMOCLES 7"'s.
I also think that the AUROCH EP is a bonebreaker cannot understand how one cannot like this one..same for mighty AXTON PRYTE....
I stop here or the guestbook is full...STRATTSON are UNBELIEVABLE!!! Check on youtube! There are two songs from "Ouf metal" Great videos...
So I stop here freaking out for French Metal....
anthares

Post by anthares »

Fils Du Metal wrote:STRATTSON are UNBELIEVABLE!!! Check on youtube! There are two songs from "Ouf metal" Great videos...
They sure rule too! Just listened to their demo. Kicks ass of course.
Fils Du Metal wrote:So I stop here freaking out for French Metal....
No no no!! We will never stop! :D
Metalipeiklo

Post by Metalipeiklo »

One of the few french bands I've heard from the 80's is SATAN JOKERS, really good band I gotta say. How are their other albums apart from "Les fils du metal"?
Fun records
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

What about 'Ocean'? Any good???
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Korgüll wrote:What about 'Ocean'? Any good???
OCEAN is a great band too but more on a hard rock edge.
Too bad, their singer died last year.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

omen of hate wrote:OCEAN is a great band too but more on a hard rock edge. Too bad, their singer died last year.
That's OK, I love good hard rock! Thanx :)
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

omen of hate wrote:No one mentionned here one of the finest french metal band : ANTHRACITE. Check the "Plus Précieux que l'or" album, a real masterpiece !
Hey omen, you make feel bad! That's unfair! I have mentioned them before both in this thread and in another one a few days ago! This band is simply awesome!

Cheers mate! :D
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Sorry, I didn't see that ! :wink:
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

It's ok, i was just kidding. Just let me know when you decide to make the first Anthracite fan club alright? :)
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Noisenik

Post by Noisenik »

have a question: some of the french bands were (re)released on Brennus, sublabel of Musea. Which are worth pickin'? Does Brennus stil exist?
I am ... the One you warned me of
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Yes, Brennus rec. are still around.

You can check their website at :http://www.brennus-music.com/boutique/index.php