...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

does it smell like 1992? :wink:
jnfernal

Post by jnfernal »

This is a Krasnyii Rassvet (Red Dawn) album recorded in 1990:

http://www.koncert.ru/mp3/index.php?p=2&album=258

But I can't understand if it's a download-only edition or there's a proper CD edition on sale....people who can speak a bit of russian, do you know more?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

jnfernal wrote:This is a Krasnyii Rassvet (Red Dawn) album recorded in 1990:

http://www.koncert.ru/mp3/index.php?p=2&album=258

But I can't understand if it's a download-only edition or there's a proper CD edition on sale....people who can speak a bit of russian, do you know more?
More than half of the songs are on the s/t '91 LP, but I didn't recognize anyone from the superior 'magnitoalbum' from '89. Whatever format it comes in, I wanna hear it!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Does anyone know if the Old Metal Records CD's of the first two Blessed Death albums are official?

I know that Mr. Fowley had (to say the least) some quite unorthodox arrangements when putting out his early releases, so this is why I ask.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Avenger wrote:Does anyone know if the Old Metal Records CD's of the first two Blessed Death albums are official?
i have that two on one cd, and inside writes:
"Special thanks goes to guitarist Nick Fiorentino for his help and support with this project!"
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

®O©O wrote:
Avenger wrote:Does anyone know if the Old Metal Records CD's of the first two Blessed Death albums are official?
i have that two on one cd, and inside writes:
"Special thanks goes to guitarist Nick Fiorentino for his help and support with this project!"
Interesting...

Here's an interview from 2007 that I found when digging a little deeper and it appears that both Jeff Anderson and Nick Fiorentino refused to comment on the Old Metal Records CD release of the albums...

http://www.metal-rules.com/zine/content/view/821/1/

I'm starting to think that perhaps just going with the Metal Mind re-issues is a better idea, even though I hate digi-paks and the demo material is missing...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

how many actual pages are the inserts for these two

tyrant - legions of the dead(org)(3 or 4 pages?)
kreator - extreme aggression(noise/futurist,9086-11039-2 org press)(1 or more pages?)
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote:kreator - extreme aggression(noise/futurist,9086-11039-2 org press)(1 or more pages?)
This one is only 1 page (just a really cheap thin piece of paper, on mine the ink was even bled through from the front to back). It is not the original pressing, it is a reissue from 1993. First press is just Noise (Europe) or Noise / Epic (USA).
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

Ensiferum2k7 wrote: tyrant - legions of the dead(org)(3 or 4 pages?)
i don't know which original or first press is, but i have 1996 Brainstorm/Semaphore one and it is with 3 pages...
sovdat

Need info on some CDs

Post by sovdat »

OK, I opened a new thread just for the CD information, if any of the mods/admin want to have it all in one piece then delete it ;)

Few questions:

1) What is the first CD press of Cromok - Image of Purity? EMI 2000??
2) Alligator - Immortal Entity CD - does it exist?
3) Alastor - Syndrom of the Cities CD - does it exist?
4) More info on Dead Horse - Horsecore CD - indie 1992 press??
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Good idea, I've been thinking about doing the same. Gimmie a minute to split/merge/rearrange the old thread...
SideShow

Post by SideShow »

sovdat wrote:The ones that you can buy from Dave Richards for $20 a piece nowadays are like that,
Wait, what? I can get a copy for $20? And you haven't shared this info with me before because....?

I could give a shit less if one of the spines is missing, so long as it's 100% legit first press.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

A bit of a mainstream question ;)

When was the first elektra pressing(=first US CD press) of "Ride The Lightning" released and how to recognize it? Was it in 1984 or in 1987?

And the same question for the "Master Of Puppets" elektra pressing, how to recognize it and is there a version from 1986?
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

SideShow wrote:
sovdat wrote:The ones that you can buy from Dave Richards for $20 a piece nowadays are like that,
Wait, what? I can get a copy for $20? And you haven't shared this info with me before because....?

I could give a shit less if one of the spines is missing, so long as it's 100% legit first press.
i have an extra missing spine copy for sale as well. pm me if u want to buy it for 20+ship
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

SideShow wrote:

Well you didn't askd :) Those copies pop up quite often on ebay so I thought that you know about it already ...