Recent Metal finds (2010 edition)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
zeuhl wrote: Katedra "Mors Ultima Ratio" LP
Katedra "Natus In Articulo Mortis" LP
Both at once, great find!!
Actually not at the same time :) Anyway, never thought I'd get them for a reasonably price, especially the debut (15 euros, VG+/EX). Should there be an insert for it by the way?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

zeuhl wrote:
Sgt. Kuntz wrote:
zeuhl wrote: Katedra "Mors Ultima Ratio" LP
Katedra "Natus In Articulo Mortis" LP
Both at once, great find!!
Actually not at the same time :) Anyway, never thought I'd get them for a reasonably price, especially the debut (15 euros, VG+/EX). Should there be an insert for it by the way?
No inserts or printed innersleeves on any Melodia releases.
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

DaN wrote:No inserts or printed innersleeves on any Melodia releases.
Ah, right. Thanks!
daniel

Post by daniel »

I think the cover art of 'Mors Ultima Ratio' is extremely cool, I would like to own it just for that, but the music isn't very interesting at all, still wouldn't be the first record I enjoyed the cover more than the music haha.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:Some kind of test pressing maybe? Surely it was never released back then or it would be known already, a lot of Dark Angel maniacs out there.
That was my thought already too.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
zeuhl

Post by zeuhl »

daniel wrote:I think the cover art of 'Mors Ultima Ratio' is extremely cool, I would like to own it just for that, but the music isn't very interesting at all, still wouldn't be the first record I enjoyed the cover more than the music haha.
I enjoy both of the first Katedra albums quite a bit. Simply great and original stuff!! Can't disagree about the cover art either.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The cover art of the KATEDRAs is a big part of the magic yes, and the music is cirka 15% less great than is should be ...but still great!

Today I bought IRON MAIDEN's "Fear Of The Dark" DLP. Never owned a copy before and I don't think I've ever even heard the complete album before :oops:
Bear in mind it came out in 1992 - a HORRIBLE Metal year, when my attention was drawn elsewhere. Making amends now by NP..
GJ

Post by GJ »

Let us know if you find anything good on it! :D
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:The cover art of the KATEDRAs is a big part of the magic yes, and the music is cirka 15% less great than is should be ...but still great!
The music on the first Katedra is even better then the cover. Actually it's my favourite album from East-Europe; pure magical greatness from start to finish. Never heard their second album though but read somewhere that it was more thrash.

Btw: Two SIGH LP's are waiting for me next door but I don't know where the hell my neighbours are; they aren't at home for 3 days now. I hope they haven't died.
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:The music on the first Katedra is even better then the cover. Actually it's my favourite album from East-Europe
Have you heard VARVAR, ER MALAK, DRAKAR, AHAT or CREDO? Or Master's Hammer? :?
Btw: Two SIGH LP's are waiting for me next door but I don't know where the hell my neighbours are; they aren't at home for 3 days now. I hope they haven't died.
Wouldn't it be very fitting if they would have been murdered and good on the way of decomposing, holding those vinyls in their hands when ze polizei finds them?

Too morbid? Sorry, drunk...
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:
The Sentinel wrote:The music on the first Katedra is even better then the cover. Actually it's my favourite album from East-Europe
Have you heard VARVAR, ER MALAK, DRAKAR, AHAT or CREDO? Or Master's Hammer? :?
Only not familiar with Varvar but I doubt it would change it. Seriously, that Katedra record appeals to me in the same manner as for instance Brocas Helm's "Black Death" or Coven "Worship New Gods"; It's transcendental and no other record sounds like it.
DaN wrote:
Wouldn't it be very fitting if they would have been murdered and good on the way of decomposing, holding those vinyls in their hands when ze polizei finds them?

Too morbid? Sorry, drunk...
Hahaha, but actually I'm a bit afraid of that. They never said going on holiday or something. I think Sigh is spreading a curse over there.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

I got the new Sigh album on vinyl this week... still don't know what to make of it :?
Really struggled to like everything since Imaginary Sonicscape!
Why are a wise man & a wise guy opposites?
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

SIGH is one of those bands who just can't do anything wrong. Ever. The "genious"-tag feels severely overused :?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

new sigh is crepé, just give me the demos, scorn defeat or infidel art
Rick

Post by Rick »

DaN wrote:Today I bought IRON MAIDEN's "Fear Of The Dark" DLP. Never owned a copy before and I don't think I've ever even heard the complete album before :oops:
I don't think I have either. And I totally love everything by Maiden up until then.