Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

pan_Heathen wrote:All those sealed Ashen Existence copies... Can anyone tell me what they are? Are these first press releases found "in someones basement", or are they current, new re-releases? Maybe they are bootlegs? Anyone has any knowledge on this?
About this.... here's the response I got from Dan:

"I'm currently waiting on some more of the 1st cd Ashen Existence as I'm sold out....I should have some within 3-4 weeks hopefully."

Must be repress then? Unless he's planning to get all the other members leftover copies, I don't see how he could just get more. Anyone have one of the recent copies, that can compare against maybe Roco's which is definitely original?
ffff

Post by ffff »

Metalhunter wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:What is the matrix of N 0102-3 Vendetta - Go And Live CD?

And does anyone know if a bootleg of the Metal Blade CD release of Anacrusis - Suffering Hour exists?

Thanks
Hi buddy!

My Vendetta Matrix is:

N 0102-3 P+O-2203-A 10-88

it should be the original one :D
where do you see that matrix number? mine also says n0102 but all the pressing has too much colors and looks like a bootleg, but where is that N 0102-3 P+O-2203-A 10-88 number i cant find in mine?

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:There's also an identical greek bootleg of Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour".
And you don't mean the Axis bootleg?
i have axis bootleg too, is there any cd i have that its not a bootleg?
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

ffff wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:There's also an identical greek bootleg of Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour".
And you don't mean the Axis bootleg?
i have axis bootleg too, is there any cd i have that its not a bootleg?
Yes - The Metal Blade pressing from 1990 with a typical "Mastered By Nimbus" matrix. Quite rare though.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

pan_Heathen wrote:Yes - The Metal Blade pressing from 1990 with a typical "Mastered By Nimbus" matrix. Quite rare though.
Pretty rare, but shows up on Amazon from time to time for cheap. I got one copy for $7.99, another for $27, both originals and near mint (but both with drilled barcodes of course). A little persistence and you can get a bargain on it, but if you want one with no cut-out it will probably be a long time waiting and cost a shitload.

In fact I think I may have sold one to a member of this board :)
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

So it looks like 30 EUR for a copy without any punch holes was a good deal :) If only more sellers on eBay didn't select international shipping and PayPal payment when they actually accept both !!!
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:All those sealed Ashen Existence copies... Can anyone tell me what they are? Are these first press releases found "in someones basement", or are they current, new re-releases? Maybe they are bootlegs? Anyone has any knowledge on this?
About this.... here's the response I got from Dan:

"I'm currently waiting on some more of the 1st cd Ashen Existence as I'm sold out....I should have some within 3-4 weeks hopefully."

Must be repress then? Unless he's planning to get all the other members leftover copies, I don't see how he could just get more. Anyone have one of the recent copies, that can compare against maybe Roco's which is definitely original?
I have a 100% original copy that I got about 5 years ago or so.

Anyone can contact me if they want to compare details as well.

I'm still thinking bootleg, although, it's yet to be confirmed...

It's too common now, granted that only 2-3 copies have turned up on ebay in the last several years prior to the last few months.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ffff wrote:
Metalhunter wrote:
pan_Heathen wrote:What is the matrix of N 0102-3 Vendetta - Go And Live CD?
Hi buddy!

My Vendetta Matrix is:

N 0102-3 P+O-2203-A 10-88

it should be the original one :D
where do you see that matrix number? mine also says n0102 but all the pressing has too much colors and looks like a bootleg, but where is that N 0102-3 P+O-2203-A 10-88 number i cant find in mine?
Around the center ring of the CD.

If the code starts with "USDM" then it's a bootleg.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote: I have a 100% original copy that I got about 5 years ago or so.
Maybe when you find some time you could post a scan of the matrix area? Sooner or later someone here (maybe even me) will buy the "new" version and then we would be able to compare.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Well it would make perfect sense if the member of the band had unsold copies, and just recently found out there was demand for them. But now with him telling me he is waiting for more it is beginning to look fishy...

But if it were a bootleg would it have really sold out so fast? There would have to have been hundreds pressed I would think?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

OK, about Entropy: I contacted Dan and he said that I'll get one copy. After one month of emails he finally told me the same thing he did to perishinflames. So I asked him if there's a reissue planned or he still has some copies left somewhere else ...

... AND THE ANSWER:

Original from 92??? Dude, those are LONG GONE - and you aint getting mine ;-P

The re-issues are EXACT in every way - this is the 3rd re-issue of this album, and trust me when I tell you it is the same in everyway - I wouldn't fuck with that album!

:shock: :lol:

I'll do a scan of mine after it gets here ...

So if you got yours about 5 years ago, then who knows if it's from 1st or 2nd or 3rd generation ... is there a possibily to repress the CD exactly the same as it was made back in 1992???

& to answer the initial question, all these copies are obviously official, though not original ... :D
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

And the truth comes out. Feel sorry for the people who payed over $200 thinking they were first pressings.

The question remains, if so many of these were pressed then where the hell have they been hiding all these years? I remember Roco saying there were a lot of them available in the early 00s, maybe that was the first reissue?

I'll still buy one if they're a normal price of course, beats waiting around forever for an original that may be indistinguishable from the others. Hope he gets them soon.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

At least the band is pressing them, not some greek cheats.

By the way, Dan told me, that the one he sold several days ago was the last one he had of the original pressings and there will be reissues from now on. I was right I took it witch a pinch of salt, it now seems.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Well, he said that the '92 pressings are LONG GONE, so I doubt that he sold the last original press few days ago, especially if there were already 2 reissues of it.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I'll wait for sovdat's scan and compare.

If there is really several re-issues and it does have differences from the original then I'd rather not put such information out in the open to avoid bootlegs.

I'm quite certain that my copy is the original press as it came from an old collector that was parting with his collection due to money problems. The disc is also very thick and high quality like early CD pressings, which you no longer see today, so I doubt that any re-issues would have this same feature.

I guess we'll have to wait and see.
®O©O

Post by ®O©O »

:shock: damn, can't belive what i see ... three reissues?
now i'm starting to worry, as mine is in such minty condition :?