Boss Tweed - Die You Bitch (Stormbringer Records)

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stormbringer

Boss Tweed - Die You Bitch (Stormbringer Records)

Post by Stormbringer »

Just a short note to let you all know up next on Stormbringer will be a LP with Texas 80's metalers Boss Tweed. Some I'm sure are familiar with the band due to the song Jacuzzi Killers from the Iron Tyrants comp. LP on World Metal Records back in 1984. For those who haven't heard the track, there's a mp3 of it on the Stormbringer MySpace page.

More info to follow...

Image[/img]
Last edited by Stormbringer on Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Great news. I'm in.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Sgt. Kuntz

Post by Sgt. Kuntz »

What a wicked band photo :lol:

Pre-ordered!
Where were you in '79 when the dam began to burst

http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/ptrz80
GJ

Post by GJ »

Agreed. Need to dig up that Iron Tyrants comp from the vault.
anthares

Post by anthares »

Great! The demo is good!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, for me they don't belong in the creme de la creme of Texas metal scene, but I'll buy it anyway.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

highly anticipated...
Stormbringer

Post by Stormbringer »

After several delays the Boss Tweed record is finally available. The reason why it's taken such a long time to get this one ready was because the drummer destroyed loads of band related material (including pretty much photos) several years ago. Luckily an old friend of the band had several negatives we could use. It took him quite a while to work his way through all the material he had.

If you're not familiar with Boss Tweed, they were a heavy metal band from Texas that existed between 1979 - 87. They had a track on the Iron Tyrants compilation back in the mid 80's. You can listen to that track at : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSL_h1vXpVU

The record include studio and live material from 1982 - 84. It comes with a 16 page booklet with in depth liner notes, lyrics and lots of old photos and flyers. Besdies the band members, it also includes photos with members from bands like Metallica, Cirith Ungol, Jag Panzer, Raven, Riot etc.

First 250 copies are on white/red vinyl. I am going to get in touch with various distributors in the near future. So far only High Roller have copies - although Iron Bonehead should have some copies in a day or two.

For those in the US who are interested in copies and want to save on postage, I suggest you get in touch with Damon from the band at :

peckerwoodATcharterDOTnet

If anyone want to get copies through me, I'd recommend to do so via e-mail as I've had some problems with PM's here in the past.

stormbringerATmbox302DOTswipnetDOTse

great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

I'm getting this allright. A really good, perhaps even great band. They have a menacing quality to them that I really like.
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

I'm sure Mr. Stormbringer will force me to cut down on my luggage even more, just to be able to fit more copies in the car down to KiT. :D
great_knuthulhu

Post by great_knuthulhu »

Khnud wrote:I'm sure Mr. Stormbringer will force me to cut down on my luggage even more, just to be able to fit more copies in the car down to KiT. :D
Would that mean you get a cut of the profits?
I know I ain't doing much,
doing nothing means a lot to me.
agvd

Post by agvd »

Nice job on the booklet.
Glockose

Post by Glockose »

agvd wrote:Nice job on the booklet.
WOW

I tried to do this on OPM years ago, and couldn't close a deal (They couldn't come up with enough songs to fill an LP)

Glad you were able to find some usable stuff.
Although if you contacted me or if I saw this post earlier I could have helped on the photos since I had a layout ready to go back then.

These folks were a real joke back then, Glad they got there act together.
Good Luck
"I am NOT a collector"