Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

All vinyl-specific issues goes in this here subforum.
LaGouille

Non-urgent vinyl questions (READ OP!)

Post by LaGouille »

aDmiN wrote:Since the Metal-expertise of our members is often divided into vinyl- and CD-areas I've split the old "Need info on some records"-thread in two, so you'll know what topic to keep an eye on.

Using this thread or creating a new more specific one is completly optional. If if you think your question is urgent and/or interesting enough for a topic of its own, go right ahead. Otherwise post here./

I welcome any tiny piece of information on that one :arrow:

DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Not available here: http://www.45toursderockfrancais.net/ro ... lehard.htm
..so a pretty obscure one I guess. Mr. Daub might know more so try PM:ing user Fils Du Metal.
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

Yup, very obscure. I'm not 100% sure it's a French band but I'll ask Peter anyway. Thanks for the tip Dan.
malegys

Post by malegys »

Belgian band,From French Speaking part (Wallonia), dates from 1981 as far as i remember. Cannot remember what it sounds like,sorry.
"Do you like Wenom?"
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

malegys wrote:Belgian band,From French Speaking part (Wallonia), dates from 1981 as far as i remember. Cannot remember what it sounds like,sorry.
Thanks dude. The record sounds like amateurish rock/hard rock, pretty good to my ears... probably pretty bad to other's :lol:

What about Marble Arch? French or Belgian?
malegys

Post by malegys »

LaGouille wrote:
malegys wrote:Belgian band,From French Speaking part (Wallonia), dates from 1981 as far as i remember. Cannot remember what it sounds like,sorry.
Thanks dude. The record sounds like amateurish rock/hard rock, pretty good to my ears... probably pretty bad to other's :lol:

What about Marble Arch? French or Belgian?

I vaguely remember the name & i THINK they were French (From the Arras area..so theyre almost Belgian or Maroccan :D ) but i'm not 100% sure. They're were MANY Hardrock bands in the North of France (Pas-de-Calais region circa 1979-1982) that actually recorded & played live in Belgium alot, so that's where the confusion starts really. But these were mainly hardrock bands & not really Metal. "Katraz" is a band that comes to mind.
"Do you like Wenom?"
LaGouille

Post by LaGouille »

malegys wrote:They're were MANY Hardrock bands in the North of France (Pas-de-Calais region circa 1979-1982) that actually recorded & played live in Belgium alot, so that's where the confusion starts really.
...many bands and few information, as if they had never existed :(
Hopefully some of them have put out a vinyl or two, but have fallen into oblivion. I 'suspect' as well Marble Arch' to be French, but no real evidence yet...
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Any info about Erosion-Mortal Agony LP?Is it good?
Never trust the Goblin King....
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Trigger wrote:Any info about Erosion-Mortal Agony LP?Is it good?
Had a copy many years ago. I think the LP came w/ poster. Music should be mediocre techno-Thrash if I remember correctly.
Trigger

Post by Trigger »

Thx a lot Dan!Probably not worth buying ha?
Never trust the Goblin King....
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

For what it's worth I like it a lot :wink:

But wouldn't pay much for it, should be a cheapie
TheGreatEscape

Need some infos on STEELWINGS from Sweden

Post by TheGreatEscape »

Got my hands on a nice item lately:

STEELWINGS - I wanna hear you screaming / Bad boys 7" Single
(Sweden 1988, LSPS 288, no PS)

Was it released with a Picture Sleeve?
What's the market price for this?
Is their LP from 1989 also worth getting? Same style?

Hope anyone out there can help me - thanx a lot in advance!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I exchanged an email or 2 with a band member about a year ago, looking for answers to the same q's. No p/s on the single, no, and the LP should be the same style as the 7" i.e. your average wimpy Swedish melo-HR. I've been told. I haven't got the chance to listen to it myself.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I asked what this band sounded like a while back, specifically the S/T 1989 album, but if I remember correctly was only able to be provided with one single song that like Dan said, was very keyboard oriented Hard Rock. However, I believe that this is in no way a fitting example for deeming the band useless, so I never really determined the outcome. I'd still like to hear the entire full-length as well.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Today at record fair I came across one unknown band from Romania.This LP is released on Electrecord records 1992 (yellow cover).On back is band photo (guys looks like hard/heavy/glam maniacs) but cant remember name of this band.The first letter is C and it sounds like COMANDORES or something like that... Tryed to find some info on Discogs but no luck ...