Your Favorite Band

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

1. Virgin Steele

2. Manilla Road

3. The rest of the best

4. THE CHUMPS

If it was based on an epoch, I'd say early-Manowar and Arch-Fates's Warning are competitive with the Steele. The fudge was strong with those hairy beasts back in the day...then something went wrong.

A question? yes: ->
What's the best FOUR ALBUM run ever? Manilla Road 'Crystal Logic' to 'Mystification'?
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Discussion about bands who put out successive great albums continues here. /Mod
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Luis

Post by Luis »

I first into got into this crazy world of metal with one band, and for the entire length of my life as a metal fan its been the one band I return to after long periods with doubled enthusiasm. This is the band that even having a faggoty sellout album like "Turbo", still stands proudly miles above all the rest to me. These are the intouchables. Yes, "Nostradamus" was a helluva good record to me.

J U D A S P R I E S T

Metal Gods now and forever.

Delivering the goods since 1973. Excluding the seven year break up. Yes, a 12 year break up.
Kosherat Assassination

Post by Kosherat Assassination »

I've been into metal for about 15 years and my fave bands have remained the same:

Bathory
Mercyful Fate
King Diamond

Quorthon and King Diamond are for me, hands down, the best things that ever happened to metal.
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Can't choose between Accept and Running Wild. My two gods.................
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

My top 5 for the past long while have been

1. Solstice
2. Pagan Altar
3. Discharge
4. Black Sabbath
5. Venom

Cirith Ungol, Mercyful Fate, Scald, Bathory, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest are all up there as well, but those are my 5 "Gods" :P
hload

Post by hload »

pre/post google/rapidshare: hload. but my all time fave record is gargoyle's one. still trying to sing "down to the ground" backwards,though.free you set can faith your only....
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

FuneralCircle wrote:My top 5 for the past long while have been

1. Solstice
2. Pagan Altar
3. Discharge
4. Black Sabbath
5. Venom
Have you moved to the UK yet? :D
FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

Black Axe wrote:
FuneralCircle wrote:My top 5 for the past long while have been

1. Solstice
2. Pagan Altar
3. Discharge
4. Black Sabbath
5. Venom
Have you moved to the UK yet? :D
Grew up in Canterbury, maybe that would explain it. hah
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

this thread makes my brain hurt. how to compare!?? I hope I'll remember never to think about this question again :lol:
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

'pataphysicien wrote:this thread makes my brain hurt. how to compare!?? I hope I'll remember never to think about this question again :lol:
Next time you suffer from insomnia, this thread will pop into your head to make sleep utterly impossible. :shock:
mordred

Post by mordred »

'pataphysicien wrote:this thread makes my brain hurt. how to compare!?? I hope I'll remember never to think about this question again :lol:
It is often impossible to compare different bands and say which is better. What it all comes down to, at least I think so, is what bands have meant the most to you because you discovered them at a point in time of your life when they had a huge impact, what bands have showed you the way and shaped your musical taste etc.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

mordred wrote:
It is often impossible to compare different bands and say which is better. What it all comes down to, at least I think so, is what bands have meant the most to you because you discovered them at a point in time of your life when they had a huge impact, what bands have showed you the way and shaped your musical taste etc.
Holy agreement!...and you can't de-contextualize music from your perceptions, the personel stuff...I think I could perhaps turn it into an empirical scoring system by counting the number of times over the course of a bands records I either:
1) Do the pointy finger of metal (1 point)
2) Purse my lips like a cats anus and straighten my eyebrows like a baboon in appreciation of a riff (1 point)
3) fall to my knees in a display of total unworthiness (4 points)
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

mordred wrote:
For me it all boils down to the music. My favourite bands are the ones of which I rate most of their albums as 10/10.

I wouldn't rate Iron Maiden as one of my alltime favourite bands, but they'd be ranked very high on impact in my heavy metal timeline.
MEXDefenderOfSteel

Post by MEXDefenderOfSteel »

JUDAS PRIEST! I still wonder to this day, how is it possible and even easy for those guys to write complex out of this world songs, to some just heavy simple rocking tracks! they are gods for me 8)

(early)Mercyful Fate and everythin done so far from Dio is right next to Priest for me...

i could mention more, but it would be more like albums i love, not exaclty fave bands (because of everythin n anything they have done)