Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

...and all CD issues goes here.
Heathen

Non-urgent CD questions (READ OP!)

Post by Heathen »

aDmiN wrote:Since the Metal-expertise of our members is often divided into vinyl- and CD-areas I've split the old "Need info on some records"-thread in two, so you'll know what topic to keep an eye on.

Using this thread or creating a new more specific one is completly optional. If if you think your question is urgent and/or interesting enough for a topic of its own, go right ahead. Otherwise post here./

What is the matrix of N 0102-3 Vendetta - Go And Live CD?

And does anyone know if a bootleg of the Metal Blade CD release of Anacrusis - Suffering Hour exists?

Thanks
Metalhunter

Post by Metalhunter »

pan_Heathen wrote:What is the matrix of N 0102-3 Vendetta - Go And Live CD?

And does anyone know if a bootleg of the Metal Blade CD release of Anacrusis - Suffering Hour exists?

Thanks
Hi buddy!

My Vendetta Matrix is:

N 0102-3 P+O-2203-A 10-88

it should be the original one :D
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Thanks!

A guy is selling this CD on eBay right now and he says the matrix is USDM 4018MH 10-88. I thought it was a bootleg and looks like it is. Didn't know that a bootleg existed by the way (except for that one with a coloured CD, but that one is easy to judge ;).
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:Thanks!

A guy is selling this CD on eBay right now and he says the matrix is USDM 4018MH 10-88. I thought it was a bootleg and looks like it is. Didn't know that a bootleg existed by the way (except for that one with a coloured CD, but that one is easy to judge ;).
Yes, "USDM" matrix CD's are bootlegs done by the same guy.

He's also bootlegged Angel Dust, Mandator and Apocrypha.

There's also an identical greek bootleg of Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

Avenger wrote:There's also an identical greek bootleg of Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour".
And you don't mean the Axis bootleg?
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

pan_Heathen wrote:
Avenger wrote:There's also an identical greek bootleg of Anacrusis - "Suffering Hour".
And you don't mean the Axis bootleg?
Negative, there is both the Axis and a Restles/Metal Blade identical bootleg now as well, although, both with the typical album title for a Matrix Number so make sure to ask.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Does anyone have the Slander - Careless Talk bootleg CD? Just wondering if the rip circulating on the net is from this CD as the sound is horrible, the right channel cuts out and volume fluctuates, man it is terrible. I'd love to own it, even if only a bootleg copy, but if the sound is as bad as the rip then I think I'm better off waiting (and preparing my wallet for impact) for the original :)

Also if anyone has the original LP and is capable of making a decent rip you would have my eternal gratitude, certainly one of the best heavy metal albums I have ever heard.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

perishinflames wrote:Does anyone have the Slander - Careless Talk bootleg CD? Just wondering if the rip circulating on the net is from this CD as the sound is horrible, the right channel cuts out and volume fluctuates, man it is terrible. I'd love to own it, even if only a bootleg copy, but if the sound is as bad as the rip then I think I'm better off waiting (and preparing my wallet for impact) for the original :)
I have the bootleg CD and don't remember it sounding like that.

I'll have to listen to it again in the next few days and confirm that for you.
perishinflames

Post by perishinflames »

Cool, I'd appreciate it. Is it a typical Greek bootleg? I've seen it being sold a lot in web shops throughout Europe, and even Japan so that seems kind of odd for a Greek boot.
Ensiferum2k7

Post by Ensiferum2k7 »

anyone here own a copy of intruder live to die that has an intact back insert?
are the ones missing the insert piece promo or were they all shipped that way?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Do you mean that they're missing one side of the tray liner? The ones that you can buy from Dave Richards for $20 a piece nowadays are like that, I got mine from an older collector who bought it in early 90s and it is complete. Probably the original 1000 (well, who knows the numbers with Iron Works :D ) were pressed like that, and the rest are identical reissues made by the same man :D
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

I've never seen a copy with a "full" back insert. I was under the impression that they were all manufactured this way. Perhaps maybe only the copies with the saw blade case or whatever have full inserts? Maybe the insert with both sides is a high quality copy?
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Avenger wrote:I've never seen a copy with a "full" back insert. I was under the impression that they were all manufactured this way. Perhaps maybe only the copies with the saw blade case or whatever have full inserts? Maybe the insert with both sides is a high quality copy?
As said, mine is complete, bought from a trust-worthy seller in the early 90s when he lived in USA.

As I recall, my sawblade copy didn't have the back insert, just the plastic saw glued on the back.
kreator72

Post by kreator72 »

As far as I know,2 original Iron Works pressing of the Intruder cd exist - one with full / intact back insert and another with 1 "spine" missing - I remember getting both versions from Dave Richards himself and some other sellers about 7-9 years ago.

The limited-to-100 "sawblade" version doesn't come with back insert.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Well, it looks like I have the task of finding myself a full copy with both sides of the spine. And now to reluctantly put this back on my want list... :x