Bands With 5 Awesome Albums (or more?!)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Melkor

Post by Melkor »

The mighty King Diamond!
Reverend Bizarre bless you with fire!
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Well to each his own but I'm one of those who think IGR is the best Manowar album and it would be in my top 15 metal albums list if I had to make one. I think it's just perfect. It doesn't even have the stupid skippable bass solo song that most of their albums tend to have. The only slight minus is the Warlord song because it's silly intro and the fact that it doesn't fit so good in context of the album. Though sometimes great albums are even more great if they have one "what they were thinking" number :lol:
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

omen of hate wrote:"Hatred" is the only "Into Glory Ride" song.
There is a missing word in my post : "weak" :

"Hatred" is the only weak "Into Glory Ride" song
bigfootkit

Post by bigfootkit »

The Erlking wrote:Well to each his own but I'm one of those who think IGR is the best Manowar album and it would be in my top 15 metal albums list if I had to make one. I think it's just perfect. It doesn't even have the stupid skippable bass solo song that most of their albums tend to have. The only slight minus is the Warlord song because it's silly intro and the fact that it doesn't fit so good in context of the album. Though sometimes great albums are even more great if they have one "what they were thinking" number :lol:
What he said.
Spot on assessment Erlking.
:wink:
DMR

Post by DMR »

Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Gates to purgatory - Branded and exiled - Under Jolly Roger - Port Royal - Death or glory - Blazon stone - Pile of skulls - Black hand inn. That's 8 in a row, so Running Wild are clearly the winners :D
Minus "Black Hand Inn" I'll vouch that.
You really don't like Black Hand Inn? How come? (And it better not be because it was released after 1992...)
Kosherat Assassination

Post by Kosherat Assassination »

From the top of my head...

Bathory
King Diamond
Mercyful Fate
Candlemass
Solitude Aeturnus
Cathedral
Root
Manilla Road
Morbid Angel
Black Sabbath
Saint Vitus
Primordial
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Zherneboh wrote:
Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Gates to purgatory - Branded and exiled - Under Jolly Roger - Port Royal - Death or glory - Blazon stone - Pile of skulls - Black hand inn. That's 8 in a row, so Running Wild are clearly the winners :D
Minus "Black Hand Inn" I'll vouch that.
woah, woah, woah...steady the flaps captain. You mean you like 'Blazon Stone' more than 'Black Hand Inn'? I draw your attention to the following highlights with friendly frozen cabbages across your bow:
1. Dragonmen
2. The Phantom of Black Hand Hill
3. Black Hand Inn
4. The Privateer
5. Soulless
6. Fight the Fire of Hate
7. Mr Deadhead
8. Genesis
That's right, I love "Blazon Stone".
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

Avenger wrote: That's right, I love "Blazon Stone".
Okey dokey. Well...er....me too (nods encouragingly). Just not as much as big ol' mr 'Black Hand Inn'

omen of hate wrote:
There is a missing word in my post : "weak" :

"Hatred" is the only weak "Into Glory Ride" song
Aha. I was slightly confused at first...but then intrigued so I cellotaped myself upside-down to the ceiling whilst listening to IGR on a loop for 48 hours until my flatmate came back after Christmas, just to be sure I wasn't missing something. Had I been blinded by the fancy image of 'Gloves of Metal' to all else? Nope. It was a typo.

IGR is a MONSTER. Secrets of Steel, Gloves of Metal, Gates of Valhalla and March for Revenge are all as good as it gets in music to my EPIC-starved ears...so a few repeats shall not fell me from the saddle.
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
lions roar

Post by lions roar »

well , i guess it will have to go with the big guns

megadeth - in my opinion everything up to Youthanasia was freakin' awesome (Hidden Treasures was pretty great too, not sure if it should be called album though)
metallica - i guess i like em all up to the black album , but i'm not sure if and justice is in the league as the others
maiden - up unto the seventh son album...it was all good , i think what came after is still good but not the same
venom - they have more then 5 , but not on a row ...
manowar - all up untill fighting i guess , kings is great too ,but only 80% of it
overkill - like all the albums i heard by them pretty much , but only feel the fire-taking over was really "big" .
salem - up unto collective demise (and cannot think of any other black metal band ...maybe immortal )
king diamond perheps , although i consider abigail to be his best and the others just not as good as that record , but still are great
death perheps

there are many others with great records ,some i consider at the same league ,but not all of those bands released 5
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

ACCEPT - 'Rebel ,Breaker ,Restless ,Balls ,Metal Heart ,Objection .....

Riot - Fire, Restless Breed ,Born In America ,Rock City ,Narita etc etc

Maiden - from scratch 'till No prayer.......

Priest - Sad Wings , Killing Machine ,Stained Glass ,Sin After Sin ,'Vengeance ,Defenders ,Painkiller

Megadeth - till Yothanasia

Manilla - from Crystal Logic 'till Out Of The Abyss

Thin Lizzy - Jhonny The Fox ,Jailbreak ,Bad Reputation ,Chinatown ,Thunder And Lighting ,Nightlife Black Rose

RUNNING WILD - from Gates to Masquerade all lps kill

Sabbath - 10 lps or so

Sodom - from In The Sign Of Evil 'till Code Red

Razor - sheepdog era (except Custom Killing ,so'n'so) ,4 lps and one ep ,all killer

Saxon - Denim ,Strong Arm ,Wheels Of Steel ,Power And Glory ,Unleash The Best ,Dogs Of War and a couple more

Exciter - Maniac ,Violence ,Kill After Kill, Dark Command ,Blood Of Tyrants

Bathory - First four and Blood On Ice

Def Leppard - On Through ,Hign'n' Dry ,Pyrominia ,Hysteria ,Andreanalize

Raven - Rock Until You Drop ,Wiped Out ,All For One ,Life's A Bitch ,Archtect Of Fear

Anvil - Hard 'n' Heavy , Metal on...., Forged...... ,Worth The Weight ,Absolutely No Alternative

there are more but i'm kinda bored right now
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Witchkiller wrote:Def Leppard - On Through ,Hign'n' Dry ,Pyrominia ,Hysteria ,Andreanalize
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Witchkiller wrote:Def Leppard - Pyrominia ,Hysteria ,Andreanalize
Eww?
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

Who's this Andrea N Alize woman?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:Who's this Andrea N Alize woman?
A chick that likes to be anal-ized.........................

edit
Black Axe wrote:
Witchkiller wrote:Def Leppard - On Through ,Hign'n' Dry ,Pyrominia ,Hysteria ,Andreanalize
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
J.K.

Post by J.K. »

METALLICA (kill 'em all > s/t)
PARADISE LOST (lost paradise > draconian)
SATYRICON (dark medieval times > volcano)
DARKTHRONE
IRON MAIDEN (s/t > powerslave)
SEPULTURA (morbid visions > chaos ad)
MOTORHEAD (fast eddie era)
BLACK SABBATH
MANILLA ROAD
AC/DC
BATHORY
TIAMAT (sumerian cry > deeper kind)
CANDLEMASS
"We do what we do, and we put it out, if you want to buy it, buy it.
if you dont, fuck off." -Lemmy Kilmister

http://www.myspace.com/blackhammerftw