Bands With 5 Awesome Albums (or more?!)

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

ION BRITTON wrote:Gates to purgatory - Branded and exiled - Under Jolly Roger - Port Royal - Death or glory - Blazon stone - Pile of skulls - Black hand inn. That's 8 in a row, so Running Wild are clearly the winners :D
Minus "Black Hand Inn" I'll vouch that.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Black Axe wrote:13 in a row.
That's bad luck.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

Avenger wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Gates to purgatory - Branded and exiled - Under Jolly Roger - Port Royal - Death or glory - Blazon stone - Pile of skulls - Black hand inn. That's 8 in a row, so Running Wild are clearly the winners :D
Minus "Black Hand Inn" I'll vouch that.
woah, woah, woah...steady the flaps captain. You mean you like 'Blazon Stone' more than 'Black Hand Inn'? I draw your attention to the following highlights with friendly frozen cabbages across your bow:
1. Dragonmen
2. The Phantom of Black Hand Hill
3. Black Hand Inn
4. The Privateer
5. Soulless
6. Fight the Fire of Hate
7. Mr Deadhead
8. Genesis
Weigh anchor, hoist the sails
Cruisin' for booty on watery trails
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Every Running Wild album up to (and including) Masquerade is great if you ask me. I'll second Manowar too (why, oh why they ever started to slip).
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

All outstanding!
omen of hate wrote:
Zherneboh wrote:What's the best FOUR ALBUM run ever? Manilla Road 'Crystal Logic' to 'Mystification'?
MANOWAR : Battle Hymns - Into Glory Ride - Hail to England - Sign of the Hammer
YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I think the fact that they did this in 2 bloody years makes it even more remarkable! I can't see one album without the other 3 now. It's like a quadrology of "how to metal"...with every conceivable (that I'd want to conceive) style covered. Metal Daze (rockin' anthem), Secret of Steel (doom), March for Revenge (grand EPIC), Gloves of Metal/Each Dawn I Die (stomping EPIC), Animals (glam metal...but a hard-one), Mountains (poetry), Kill with Power (power metal), Hail to England (anthem)...what more could there be?
GJ

Post by GJ »

How about Iron Maiden - Powerslave (5) or Rocka Rolla - Stained Class (4)?

Adramelch must be the best band ever since they've made two albums and never failed for one second! :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

Zherneboh wrote:YEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! I think the fact that they did this in 2 bloody years makes it even more remarkable! I can't see one album without the other 3 now. It's like a quadrology of "how to metal"...with every conceivable (that I'd want to conceive) style covered. Metal Daze (rockin' anthem), Secret of Steel (doom), March for Revenge (grand EPIC), Gloves of Metal/Each Dawn I Die (stomping EPIC), Animals (glam metal...but a hard-one), Mountains (poetry), Kill with Power (power metal), Hail to England (anthem)...what more could there be?
And those, oh so beautiful, piccolo bass solos, sigh...

:wink:
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Avenger wrote:
Black Axe wrote:13 in a row.
That's bad luck.
Not for me. Though for Phil Lynott maybe. He died in January (1), three(3) years later...
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Yeah Thin Lizzy never did a bad album.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

GJ wrote:
And those, oh so beautiful, piccolo bass solos, sigh...

:wink:
HA! Rossini was never better served!
GJ wrote:How about Iron Maiden - Powerslave (5) or Rocka Rolla - Stained Class (4)?

Adramelch must be the best band ever since they've made two albums and never failed for one second! :D
I think I could go for Priest there but...'Sin after Sin' is not so much a favourite, it would be held together by SwoD+Stained Class!...Adramelch are bloody geniuses though. I've seen grown men weep at the voice of Ballerio (well...me in the mirror). One every 25 years though...I might just about survive the fourth.

Root - Temple in the Underworld to Black Seal anyone?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

All these have been discussed before. Soon to merged..
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Zherneboh

Post by Zherneboh »

ION BRITTON wrote:All these have been discussed before. Soon to merged..
This isn't quite the same...for you see I mean't in a row. Consecutively. Dominoed. Connected by the todger. Stern abreast. Port-Out-Starboard-Home. On-a-run. Capriciously in possession of the metal phallus of destiny.

Specifically. Otherwise I can get me some Black Sabbath 'Heaven and Hell'/'Tyr' on the go.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Black Axe wrote:
Thin Lizzy - Thin Lizzy -> Thunder And Lightning (Yes, I love all TL albums :D)
13 in a row.
Talking about metal bands only or not? I don't consider any Thin Lizzy album to be metal from start to finish, especially the first ones are totally irrelevant with heavy metal.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Zherneboh wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:All these have been discussed before. Soon to merged..
This isn't quite the same..
It ain't completely different either. In a row or not, awesome albums remain awesome albums.

Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

ION BRITTON wrote:
Black Axe wrote:
Thin Lizzy - Thin Lizzy -> Thunder And Lightning (Yes, I love all TL albums :D)
13 in a row.
Talking about metal bands only or not? I don't consider any Thin Lizzy album to be metal from start to finish, especially the first ones are totally irrelevant with heavy metal.
It doesn't say so in the topic title. :D The last Thin Lizzy album is pretty much all metal, though not all straightforward in your face metal.