FLAMES

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
xr2m

Post by xr2m »

"Merciless Slaughter" is the only one I'm familiar with, but it kills! That cover is awesome as well.
Doureios_Ippos

Post by Doureios_Ippos »

look at ebay...flames made in hell is selling on lp....
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

yeah for 99$..in rather worn conditions
bullshit
now is the madness in hell
we're eat babies flesh
and suck the mothers blood next
we're perverse devils well
Doureios_Ippos

Post by Doureios_Ippos »

worn no....it is ex...i know this is the rarest flames lp even in greece....costs about 50 euros in record stores...not my favourite .....
Cult_Metal_GR

Post by Cult_Metal_GR »

I have only Made in hell on CD but my favourites are Merciless Slaughter and Last Prophecy. Made in Hell is not a thrash LP but their later albums have a straight thrash feeling. Keep in mind that Flames is one of the oldest metal bands in Greece along with Vice Human, Sarissa, Rust and Spitfire if I remeber correctly.
daniel

Post by daniel »

I 'love' how when people ask how rare certain albums are some people who obviously do NOT have the LP:s reply with how they love the rarest release. Yeah I like Flames, 'Made In Hell' has one of the coolest covers, and some of the solos on 'Beware The Dogs of War' send shivers down my spine, it also has a great atmosphere. After that not so much, as I'm not(at least any longer)much of a Thrash fan.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
EzraCobb

Post by EzraCobb »

daniel wrote:I 'love' how when people ask how rare certain albums are some people who obviously do NOT have the LP:s reply with how they love the rarest release. Yeah I like Flames, 'Made In Hell' has one of the coolest covers, and some of the solos on 'Beware The Dogs of War' send shivers down my spine, it also has a great atmosphere. After that not so much, as I'm not(at least any longer)much of a Thrash fan.
I am trying to understand what u are trying to say?

If a person does not own the actual original print of a rare OOP album - than we are not allowed to comment about how much we enjoy it? For example I own the BBTAD reissue of WFG Soviet Invasion & the burning a "singer' single... Does that mean that I am not allowed to enjoy the ablum or discuss it? We live in unstable economic times - just because I don't want to get Raped on EBAY - does not mean I do not love the music...
daniel

Post by daniel »

Anyone can say whatever they want, but projecting an ambiguous image is something I have no respect for - if I feel people purposedly avoid mentioning whether they actually bothered tracking down certain albums rather than just downloading them then I have no reason to respect them IF this is pretty much the only sort of information I get about them - I don't judge my friends based on what they have bought, but if I'm on a forum and I get the impression someone's is trying to impress outside their league so to say then yeah I think that's stupid - be humble, say yeah I love this or that though I've never found it, or been able to afford it, instead of 'THIS IS FUCKING KILLER! I BLAST THIS WITH EVERY JÄGER!'. Also, yes I completely admit I have no respect for people who only collect stuff on CD or download stuff, original vinyls are the closest to the artist you can get, so it is the most pure. End of story.
daniel

Post by daniel »

AS for 'economic times being tough' how exactly does this affect you?
Dodens Grav

Post by Dodens Grav »

daniel wrote:Anyone can say whatever they want, but projecting an ambiguous image is something I have no respect for - if I feel people purposedly avoid mentioning whether they actually bothered tracking down certain albums rather than just downloading them then I have no reason to respect them IF this is pretty much the only sort of information I get about them - I don't judge my friends based on what they have bought, but if I'm on a forum and I get the impression someone's is trying to impress outside their league so to say then yeah I think that's stupid - be humble, say yeah I love this or that though I've never found it, or been able to afford it, instead of 'THIS IS FUCKING KILLER! I BLAST THIS WITH EVERY JÄGER!'. Also, yes I completely admit I have no respect for people who only collect stuff on CD or download stuff, original vinyls are the closest to the artist you can get, so it is the most pure. End of story.
Do you consider finding and purchasing a rare record a notable achievement ot something? I don't encourage downloading in any unsanctioned manner, but I also don't consider myself better than others based on the contents of my record collection versus theirs. I really don't give a shit if some guy on a forum doesn't own the original Sacred Blade LP, to be honest, and if I can't find a rare record that's never been reissued and isn't available for sane price, I can just as easily do without and not feel inferior about it.
daniel

Post by daniel »

Yes there IS something special about getting certain records. You and I don't share the same views on collecting - get over it.
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

yes, it IS special for you. so special that it turns up in nearly every thread you post in, sometimes with an openly "holier than thou" gesture. to couple "original press kvlt type record collecting" and "respect for people" in one post is pretty ghey shit too. end of story. not looking to flame, we just don't share the same views on listening to music - get over it.
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I agree with Daniel to a degree, but when the regular asking price of an LP get's over a 100 euro's it's gets to the "when will this insanity end" range for me. Personally, I'll stop at anything over 30 euro's, there may be 5 LPs out there I'd consider paying more for.

Sadly the first Flames LP's hardly get below 200 the times I've seen them.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Black Axe wrote: Sadly the first Flames LP's hardly get below 200 the times I've seen them.
What? I got the first one two times this year for 20€ each on ebay.
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

Black Axe wrote:I agree with Daniel to a degree, but when the regular asking price of an LP get's over a 100 euro's it's gets to the "when will this insanity end" range for me. Personally, I'll stop at anything over 30 euro's, there may be 5 LPs out there I'd consider paying more for.
jup, around 30 for me too. out of principle (I just don't want that kind of fetishism in my life) and because life offers so many other worthwhile things that require spreading the cursed mammon.

I see that to the ZOMG OOP collector type there is something special there and I do prefer vinyl and (if it is affordable) the original releases. but I'm not willing to go to extreme financial lengths just because the markets are fucked up. also rarity is not something that fascinates me and I am not willing to judge people because of their (non)collecting habits.
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.