Metal (in) movies

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Satannick

Post by Satannick »

Check out Rodrigo D No Futuro, which is free to watch on youtube - it's about this kid growing up in Medelin (Colombia) in the 80's, trying to start a punk band. There's a bunch of members from old Colombian bands like Parabellum in there. Really cool and interesting movie.
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

convent guilt wrote:I found 'Trick or treat' to be pretty cool in a trashy/cheesy '80s kinda way. User 'Sammi Curr' will obviously have an opinion on that movie...
Great flick, my personal favorite in the Heavy Metal Horror genre, although Rock N Roll Nitemare and Black Roses come close. The best part is the drunk reaction my friends and I had on the first viewing when Eddie rips down his posters.

Judas Priest - NO!
Anthrax - OK!
Motley Crue - YES!
Raven - NOOOOOO!!!
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

powermad in "wild at heart"

lemmy in "airheads", nearly all of the troma movies from the late 90s on
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Also THE HIDDEN's soundtrack features two SHOK PARIS tracks
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Ernest Thesiger

Post by Ernest Thesiger »

khiijol wrote:powermad in "wild at heart"
Surely that was Dead On?
"His name's Antichrist Vandelay. He's an insulter-expulser."
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Surely that was Dead On?
No, definitely Powermad. (very tedious band btw..)
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

Rodrigo D wasn`t mentioned yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ703ek_stk
The Erlking

Re: Metal (in) movies

Post by The Erlking »

MetalizeR wrote:I like the Demons scene of Fast as a shark!
Luv it! :D
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

DaN wrote:
Ernest Thesiger wrote:
Surely that was Dead On?
No, definitely Powermad. (very tedious band btw..)
Yes it was Powermad
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
DMR

Post by DMR »

jared wrote:
PoserHolocaust wrote:Maybe some people here don't consider them metal, but there is a movie called the Dungeon Master that features a scene with WASP where they play The Torture Never Stops or Tormentor?... though last time I saw this movie was probably in 1988 and I could be wrong about the songs. It was a pretty long clip if memory serves me right.
it was tormentor, and i'm pretty sure it was the whole song. also, that movie is terrible and awesome.
Yeah! I love that movie. It's funny as hell. It's the best kind of bad movie: Bad enough to be really funny, but not bad enough that it's painful to watch.

Don't forget the Bill and Ted movies. I liked them much more than Wayne's World.
khiijol

Post by khiijol »

ION BRITTON wrote:Also THE HIDDEN's soundtrack features two SHOK PARIS tracks
is this the scene where the alien is in the record store and smashes shit up? great movie!

"return of the living dead 2" has a largely metal soundtrack, and is largely bad

"river's edge" has most of the movie consisting of keanu reeves and crispin glover driving around listening to metal blade-era slayer and hallows eve
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

khiijol wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Also THE HIDDEN's soundtrack features two SHOK PARIS tracks
is this the scene where the alien is in the record store and smashes shit up? great movie!
Oh, I haven't seen the whole movie yet, just the ''On your feet'' clip

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

roihlem wrote:Rodrigo D wasn`t mentioned yet...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ703ek_stk
Only six posts above...

Necrotoxin

Post by Necrotoxin »

Anyone here seen El día de la bestia?
IMDB wrote:A basque priest finds by means of a cabalistic study of the bible that the anti-christ is going to be born on Christmas day in Madrid. Helped by a heavy-metal fan and by the showman of a TV esoteric program, he will try to invoke the devil to find out the place of birth and kill the baby.
Is there a prominent metal presence in this movie? Is it any good? Any comments appreciated.
Necrotoxin

Post by Necrotoxin »

Rodrigo D : No Futuro is very interesting btw. I'm really into the whole band cameo thing, so films like this one and Verlierer are on the top of my to-see list. Both also seem to be great films regardless of all metal connotations.

If anyone here likes Icelandic bizarro-metal legends HAM, they should check out Icelandic cult comedy Sódóma Reykjavík, which apparently is called Remote Control in English. Some of the band members play prominent roles in the film, and in one scene they can be seen playing their signature song "Partý Bær" (it's actually not the real band, some members were supposedly deemed too ugly for the silver screen so it's 50/50 between band members and actors).
This film is great and has legendary status here in Iceland as well as a huge cult following. The humour could be really lost on foreigners though, it's really local and so dialogue based that a lot of it is probably lost in translation. It would be really interesting to hear a foreign perspective, so if anyone has seen it please share your thoughts.