The Corroseum bands

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
GJ

Post by GJ »

Still on sale... obviously ha ha! I wonder how this came to be as the record company didn't pay for the recordings and the contract only gave them the rights to make a pressing of 1100 cd's (if I remember correctly).
Anyway you can listen to the stuff for free here (five locals from 1992-3).

http://www.klicktrack.com/molgan/releas ... etal-north
GJ

Post by GJ »

Err... sorry for being such a self-obsessed pain in the ass. But I got an e-mail from the old bassplayer (and what-not) with a link to an archival page he had put up on MySpace featuring the Aelin recording. At least I am happy. :oops:

Check it out for corny lyrics and nice moody music:

http://www.myspace.com/quicksanddream
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

I play Drums and do Vocals in Einsatzkommando:

http://www.myspace.com/einsatzkommando

I started a Heavy Rock Project named Atlantic:

http://www.myspace.com/atlanticmetalband

Song on myspace is just a rehearsal version and vocals + sound are not the best but we will improve for the demo.
The Song has a Gotham City homage at the end :lol:

Ah yeah and I play guest drums on the new Beast Demo.
http://metal-archives.com/band.php?id=3540268991

I also have a Black/Death Project with the name "Wyrocznia" but just recorded one full song. If there is any interest I will upload it.

In the past I was Drummer for the unknown german Thrash Band "Bestial Command" for a short time and I had a Crust/Punk band called "Bruce Forgety and the swinging Donkeys". When I was 14 I also had shitty "Metalbands" just practicing noise. Some names were: Mordor, Bloodless, Soldier, Daemon
Witchkiller

Post by Witchkiller »

bigfootkit wrote:[(although i doubt the other guys in the band have ever heard Cactus or Grand Funk)

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All i need is a lady
With more than the average size
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Blasfemer wrote:and I had a Crust/Punk band called "Bruce Forgety and the swinging Donkeys".
How crusty a band with such a name could be really??? Sounds more like late 70s punk to me.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

Just sounds gay to my ears.
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Well, I was trying to be polite :lol:
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

Bruce Forgety is god! :lol:
GJ

Post by GJ »

EPIC IRAE nostalgia center opened at MySpace!

Finally some Epic Irae (pre-Quicksand Dream) stuff available! Thanks to Patrick the bass player's nostalgic attacks on the QD MySpace-site.

Check out the songs One Cloudy Day and Valley of the Dead recorded at x-mas time 1990 by four snotty teens in the dark catacombs of the Timrå muncipality... The player is located beneath the Aelin one to the left.

Damn we could have been huge! Heavy fucking Manilla-meets-Bathory-meets-Candlemass - mean 'n' quirky, sludgy, rocking and not knowing shit stuff.

Am I delighted to hear and share this? Yesh I am - 18 all over again!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
GJ

Post by GJ »

GJ wrote:Am I delighted to hear and share this? Yesh I am - 18 all over again!
...but nobody cares! :roll: Haha!
Professor Black

Post by Professor Black »

Ah, my friend forwarded me this link yesterday with high recommendation! About to listen now...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

GJ wrote:
GJ wrote:Am I delighted to hear and share this? Yesh I am - 18 all over again!
...but nobody cares! :roll: Haha!
I should really post some odd, rambling, gibberish that makes no sense in the style that you do ever so often, but I'm really too tired at 5:30 AM. Haha...
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
GJ

Post by GJ »

Avenger wrote:I should really post some odd, rambling, gibberish that makes no sense in the style that you do ever so often, but I'm really too tired at 5:30 AM. Haha...
I do not follow. What you speak about? :D
Chafe

Post by Chafe »

GJ wrote:EPIC IRAE nostalgia center opened at MySpace!

Finally some Epic Irae (pre-Quicksand Dream) stuff available! Thanks to Patrick the bass player's nostalgic attacks on the QD MySpace-site.

Check out the songs One Cloudy Day and Valley of the Dead recorded at x-mas time 1990 by four snotty teens in the dark catacombs of the Timrå muncipality... The player is located beneath the Aelin one to the left.

Damn we could have been huge! Heavy fucking Manilla-meets-Bathory-meets-Candlemass - mean 'n' quirky, sludgy, rocking and not knowing shit stuff.

Am I delighted to hear and share this? Yesh I am - 18 all over again!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
FINALLY!!!!!!, semms like Patrick or you finally ripped this Epic Irae stuff!!
I saw this post like 3 days ago but couldn't listen to it 'cause I was busy.
Now that I've listened I must say that is really weird those "black" metal parts, very bathory as you said, with parts like the ones from Quicksand Dream.

Are those two songs the only ones from EPIC IRAE??, or there's more stuff????
GJ

Post by GJ »

Chafe wrote: FINALLY!!!!!!, semms like Patrick or you finally ripped this Epic Irae stuff!!
I saw this post like 3 days ago but couldn't listen to it 'cause I was busy.
Now that I've listened I must say that is really weird those "black" metal parts, very bathory as you said, with parts like the ones from Quicksand Dream.

Are those two songs the only ones from EPIC IRAE??, or there's more stuff????
Epic Irae did three full length demos (ca 45 min each) so I guess there could be more uploads - Patrick's running the site so it's up to him.

My favourite is the second one by far as the first one was a bit too much on the "thrashy" side and my vocals are far from enjoyable... :roll: The last demo had potential but we were drifting apart as a band, socially as well as geographically and it was recorded on various occasions when we had the time to get together and was finalized when the band was no more.

The finished demos were:
Ballet of Desolation (1989-90)
The Wrath
An Angel's Cry
The Third Day
Buried and Forgotten
Road Goes Ever On
In God We Trust
Insanity
Are You Alive, Or is it Memories?

One Cloudy Day (1990-91)
One Cloudy Day:
a. Omnes Una Manet Nox
b. The Gathering
c. Eclipse
d. Our Beautiful Dead World
Valley of the Dead
A Bit of Paradise
Depravation
Ballet of Desolation
The Hour of Completion

A Lonely World (1991-1993)
Recreate a Thought
Within My Dreams
My Lonely World
The Wings of Suffering
Electric Funeral
For No-one to See

We also recorded some songs separately, some songs are only on primitive rehearsals and we also video taped five live appearances, covering tracks like Open the Gates and Divine Victims (MR), Into the Void and Electric Funeral (BS) and Come to the Sabbath (Black Widow).