Brainfever on CD

...and all CD issues goes here.
Nicko McBuff

Brainfever on CD

Post by Nicko McBuff »

I'm wondering if there's a good official cd re-issue... I see there's one from Cult Metal Classics/Sonic Age, boot? Capture The Night and Face to Face. I need these bad boys!
DMR

Post by DMR »

I think the Sonic Age versions are official, but not very good ones. For example, at the beginning of the song Hangman, you can hear some scratching, like they just copied it from a beat up LP.
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Cool, that's all I need to know then! Avoid! I'll just have to get the Mausoleum classics one eh.
GJ

Post by GJ »

I seem to have trouble finding their later mini-album "You". Is it a rare one? I think I have only seen it once in a shop (early - mid nineties at "Petter och Lottas", Gävle) - can't understand why I didn't buy it then.

Sorry for going semi-off-topic.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

Yeah, the Mausoleum Classix Series CD from 1994 is the first legit pressing of "Capture The Night" and it sounds great and the only availible CD pressing of "Face To Face" is the Cult Metal Classics one.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

GJ wrote:I seem to have trouble finding their later mini-album "You". Is it a rare one? I think I have only seen it once in a shop (early - mid nineties at "Petter och Lottas", Gävle) - can't understand why I didn't buy it then.

Sorry for going semi-off-topic.
Difficult to get, yes, but not expensive, most of times into the 15-20 euro range. But maybe it has changed, i don't know. Their best work for me by the way, especially "Dangerous Lies" is beyond words!!!!
GJ

Post by GJ »

Thanks Kostas! Seems it didn't receive good distribution in Sweden anyway... What's the style of the record - did they go more melodic (like Steeler) - that's probably what made me let it pass me by back then - the thought that every band either developed into a more melodic, thrashy or even (pseudo-)bluesy style in the late eighes. Will keep my eyes open and grab it at first opportunity though.

And sorry again for keeping off-topic - isn't this thread in the wrong forum btw?
GJ

Post by GJ »

GJ wrote:Thanks Kostas! Seems it didn't receive good distribution in Sweden anyway... What's the style of the record - did they go more melodic (like Steeler) - that's probably what made me let it pass me by back then - the thought that every band either developed into a more melodic, thrashy or even (pseudo-)bluesy style in the late eighties. Will keep my eyes open and grab it at first opportunity though.

And sorry again for keeping off-topic - isn't this thread in the wrong forum btw?
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Now moved, thanks GJ.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Ah sorry!
Cult_Metal_GR

Post by Cult_Metal_GR »

As fas as I know Cult Metal Classics re-released on CD "Capture the night" (1984) and "Face to face" (1986). Also on these CDs there is "You" EP as bonus tracks. The quality on my CDs is fine. I also have "Capture the night" on vinyl because I like veru much Brainfever and I think that only "You" is really hard to find. According to metal archives there is also the 7inch "Capture the night" that was recorded before their first LP but I never seen it anywhere or on any trade lists.
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

Cult_Metal_GR wrote:As fas as I know Cult Metal Classics re-released on CD "Capture the night" (1984) and "Face to face" (1986). Also on these CDs there is "You" EP as bonus tracks. The quality on my CDs is fine. I also have "Capture the night" on vinyl because I like veru much Brainfever and I think that only "You" is really hard to find. According to metal archives there is also the 7inch "Capture the night" that was recorded before their first LP but I never seen it anywhere or on any trade lists.
The single is pretty rare, I've only seen it listed 1-2x over the years. I think there's an image of the picture sleeve included in a popsike listing, it has a brown and black color scheme
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
GJ

Post by GJ »

nightsblood wrote:
Cult_Metal_GR wrote:As fas as I know Cult Metal Classics re-released on CD "Capture the night" (1984) and "Face to face" (1986). Also on these CDs there is "You" EP as bonus tracks. The quality on my CDs is fine. I also have "Capture the night" on vinyl because I like veru much Brainfever and I think that only "You" is really hard to find. According to metal archives there is also the 7inch "Capture the night" that was recorded before their first LP but I never seen it anywhere or on any trade lists.
The single is pretty rare, I've only seen it listed 1-2x over the years. I think there's an image of the picture sleeve included in a popsike listing, it has a brown and black color scheme
Saw that one at KIT X, price tag said: Offers. Gnarl! :x No exclusive songs though, Capture the Night and Brainfever. Not sure if it's the same recordings as on the debut LP - both were released in 1984.

doomedplanet

Post by doomedplanet »

The versions on the single are exclusive. To me the 7" is the best material they recorded. Unless of course a demo tape is floating around of similar vintage?
GJ wrote:
Saw that one at KIT X, price tag said: Offers. Gnarl! :x No exclusive songs though, Capture the Night and Brainfever. Not sure if it's the same recordings as on the debut LP - both were released in 1984.

mordred

Post by mordred »

GJ wrote:Saw that one at KIT X, price tag said: Offers. Gnarl! :x No exclusive songs though, Capture the Night and Brainfever. Not sure if it's the same recordings as on the debut LP - both were released in 1984.

Actually, the A side is "Capture the Night" and the flipside has an exclusive song called "Vagary"!
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D