Godawful Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

doomedplanet wrote:"Sweet Revenge" = killer record, crude and unforgettable. Since you don't like records you should not know about this album anyway.
Avenger wrote:Add Karisma to that list as well.

That "Sweet Revenge" album is pretty bad,..
What does that have to do with anything?...

PoserHolocaust wrote:
doomedplanet wrote:you mean the band with the lp "Survival in the Streets"? Killer record, I think you will find many on this forum that like it.
PoserHolocaust wrote: There was a band from Canada named Assault I always thought sucked pretty bad.
Yes that is the one. I saw them live a few times. I had the record too and recently traded it. I thought they were pretty generic and poserish. Maybe i'm judging them a bit too much based on their live show because I guess the record had some okay material. They had this manager that was a Top 40 hit machine kind of cheeseball and they were pretty lame IMO. Each to his own though :wink:

I come into this record pretty regularly.. at least I know where I can trade it now.
That album is a MASTERPIECE.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Blasfemer

Post by Blasfemer »

doomedplanet wrote:whoah, yeah this some true crapiness.
Blasfemer wrote:I would like to introduce my friends of MAGIC MAN to you:
http://www.myspace.com/magicmanmetal
Of Course the music is bad especially the vocals, but I can't help me there is something obscure, great and interesting in their music. Maybe they will develop themselves

EDIT: I forgot to tell you that their earlier demos are much better than the stuff on myspace :lol:
Magic man has a new Live demotape!
Recorded with a tape recorder, 50 copies will be availible.
Anyone interested?
:lol: :lol: :lol:
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

I love how the first song has a 1000ish plays and from there it goes steep downhill :lol:
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
Sammi Curr

Post by Sammi Curr »

I just found out that we had our own version of Complete here in Michigan. They're called Afterbirth:

http://www.terminal-boredom.com/rewards16.html
'pataphysicien

Post by 'pataphysicien »

I believe they're named in another thread. they are pretty awful though, in the charming way your slightly retarded neighbourhood bully is :lol:
surfacer wrote:Do you know ?

because of stupid like you. Died My old friend Jon Nödtveidt.
PoserHolocaust

Post by PoserHolocaust »

I bought another Assault Survival in the Streets today and I have to say I was very wrong to place them here. I thought they were a bit of a weak live band and slightly poserish for so long that I held and refused to change that viewpoint all this time. Listening to the record with unbiased ears for the first time today made me realize that it is actually a really good LP. I guess I should have known better because there are quite a few bands I like now that I considered too weak back then. Anyway just want to set things right :wink:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

PoserHolocaust wrote:I bought another Assault Survival in the Streets today and I have to say I was very wrong to place them here. I thought they were a bit of a weak live band and slightly poserish for so long that I held and refused to change that viewpoint all this time. Listening to the record with unbiased ears for the first time today made me realize that it is actually a really good LP. I guess I should have known better because there are quite a few bands I like now that I considered too weak back then. Anyway just want to set things right :wink:
I'm glad to see that the Corroseum has converted you :)
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
mordred

Post by mordred »

Assault "Survival in the Street" isn't godawful by any stretch, but really mediocre in my opinion.
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Very average for me as well.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Erlking

Post by The Erlking »

Same here. Very mediocre stuff.
"The very Hemoglobin of a persons blood is based on IRON! The same Iron in the earth that you turn into STEEL, that is in everyone." -Michael Coffey, Stone Vengeance
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

:(
PoserHolocaust

Post by PoserHolocaust »

I still don't think they are great by any stretch of the imagination, but I was wrong to place them in this section. They are not god awful.... I let old predjudices get the best of me. In my area Assault were the weakest metal band out of all the local bands. Everyone else was a little faster and a little darker. In those days that was what I was looking for... now i'm a bit more open.
Fire Down Under

Post by Fire Down Under »

FuneralCircle

Post by FuneralCircle »

Avenger wrote::(
I'm with ya, I think it's a really killer album! Thunder Road is a monster of a track...! :D
Warepire

Post by Warepire »

Here are some albums that almost made me stop listening to metal. Just from how awful they are:

Americade - American Metal -- Can something be more plain and uninspired?
Angus McDeth - both of them -- Wannabe poser occult metal right here... total failure
Break Point - Maniacs -- Elephant's at least had the singer of Blowin' Free... This is just ....
Camelot - Stranger In The Twilight -- :shock:
DragonForce - all of it -- This deserves the "My gay lover" replacement more than H@ammerFall, I mean... this band is just power metal done wrong.
Eastern Orbit - Future Force -- ZzzZzZZzzzzZzzzz
Pain (Germany) - Insanity -- Unappealing is the least I can say. The vocalist puts me to sleep.
Paradoxx - Plan of Attack -- Obvious...
Trance - Power Infusion -- Snorefest
Winters Bane - Demo '91 -- My god, I am so happy they changed singer. This demo should be written off as a health hazard.