Need info on some records (OLD'n'LOCKED)

...and all CD issues goes here.
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

concerning Witchfinder General Death Penalty LP tracklist, all LP versions including the Pic Disc have the wrong track order! I also made the discovery not so long ago and asked people to check their versions and all are fucked up.
What I'm wondering is the thing with the printed inner. I always thought only the red vinyl has this printed sleeve, but now Ive seen a clear one for auction with printed inner. Mine hasnt and several other with clear vinyl as well
nightsblood

Post by nightsblood »

DaN wrote:Hooray! First pressing is mine! :D
*inner collector child laughts with joy*
Can someone cut/paste the answer for those of us not registered at Miskatonic? Thanks
"I'm sorry Sam, we had real chemistry. But like a monkey on the sun, our love was too hot to live"
-Becky
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

daniel wrote:Maybe I shouldn't have got so worked up, but when someone's language is so unclear, and saying ridiculous things like my copy isn't LF when it clearly says so on the LP, well, bit annoying.
Hey my friend, I never told your copy isn't LF!!!
In fact all copies I have seen are like yours!!
I just said my copy isn't Enigma, please check it again!!!!

Edit: Hey Daniel, I just saw what I wrote down!!! Hehe! You are right my language wasn't clear!!! I meant sth else I explain it in that "Fri Oct 09, 2009 3:37 pm" post!
I 'm sorry again!
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

DaN wrote:Um, ok.. Vasilis pix doesn't show if they also have that logo. Mine has. And an insert. And the skeletons/HM13666 label. Getting dizzy now. Need sleep..
I also have the first pressing too!! HAHAHA!!!!!!
I have it all!!! Skeletons on label, logo on backcover and an insert, that happens to be smaller than usual inserts (usually inserts are almost 30x30 cm. Insert in my CU frost and fire is 26x26 cm)!! What about yours Dan?
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

nightsblood wrote:
DaN wrote:Hooray! First pressing is mine! :D
*inner collector child laughts with joy*
Can someone cut/paste the answer for those of us not registered at Miskatonic? Thanks
Seconded
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I can't imagine I overstep any rules by crossposting some album trivia, so here's the importat post from Miskatonic:
Conte Ungol wrote:
outlawrecordings wrote:Hey,

So I'm sorting through all my vinyl and doing a 'thinning out' of different pressings etc, can't keep them all, so I came across two pressings of CIRITH UNGOL "Frost & Fire" in my stash- and am trying to figure out which is which. Maybe another serious collector nerd out there besides me can shed some light?

1) has no address below the copyright info on back center of cover, labels have the three 'kneeling skeletons' across the top, spine print reads 'heavy metal' at the top of it

2) has the Liquid Flames address below copyright info on back cover, labels have no skeletons and say "Liquid Flames" across top, and spine print has "LF001" at top

any input? I suspect the one with no label address was probably first, but just thought somebody out there may know. And if this seems trivial to you please ignore the post, no need to remind me of how it is probably a fact I shouldn't be fretting about! haha

later!
Omid

First Press, 3000 copies self produced

Second Press Press, 20,000 copies distributed by Enigma
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

Hahahahhahahaha! I am very happy now!
daniel

Post by daniel »

Vasilis, no problem man.
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
daniel

Post by daniel »

So for the CU pressings, if I thought it was an awesome record I might care, but it's just an average album with an amazing cover, to be honest I can never understand that some prefer it to their 2nd LP...
Are you the tyrant, who cast them to the sea?
One day you'll be among the dead.
DMR

Post by DMR »

I'd heard that the original Frost & Fire came out in 1980, but on the label it says copyright 1981. When did it really come out?
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Frost & Fire + King Of The Dead are the very best, no doubt
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

DaN wrote: Image

First Press, 3000 copies self produced
[/b]
[/quote]

Are you sure there are 3000 copies?
Robert Garven says that maybe less than 1000 exist!!
Kostello

Post by Kostello »

I just saw the Emerald - Downtown LP question.

When Emerald were here for UTH and went out for food the day after the concert (Kyr, you were there), i remember very clearly giving my black copy of the LP to the guys to sign it and i asked the same question, but i got the reply something like that:

"The original pressing was supposed to be in red (a version i see less often than the black one) and the black was/is a mispressing"

In fact, i like the black cover A LOT more than the red one (something that amazed the guys, since they seem to love the red one...)

Kyr, maybe i got it mixed up, or is it you??? hehe, either way, the LP slays!!!!!
vasilis2112

Post by vasilis2112 »

vasilis2112 wrote:
DaN wrote:Um, ok.. Vasilis pix doesn't show if they also have that logo. Mine has. And an insert. And the skeletons/HM13666 label. Getting dizzy now. Need sleep..
I also have the first pressing too!! HAHAHA!!!!!!
I have it all!!! Skeletons on label, logo on backcover and an insert, that happens to be smaller than usual inserts (usually inserts are almost 30x30 cm. Insert in my CU frost and fire is 26x26 cm)!! What about yours Dan?
Behold...

MassOfKthulu

Post by MassOfKthulu »

Kosta i dont know they told andrea something completely different!
in any case i like the red one,it looks like a jazz LP doesnt it haha but the colours are more vivid.i sold the black one for 30 Es and kept the red,love it.yeah its top 3 dutch LP for sure!
with probably jewel and defender
I am so true my mp3 player's screen has slight ringwear