TERROR (80-90s thrash)/PURGATORY (80s thrash/speed) pages

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
BloodOfChrist

TERROR (80-90s thrash)/PURGATORY (80s thrash/speed) pages

Post by BloodOfChrist »

http://myspace.com/officialterrorohio
http://myspace.com/clevelandpurgatory

The TERROR page is the bands official page, that I made and run for them since I got to know them (plus theyre really damn busy and Brian has his 110 Watts page to run). The Purgatory page is a tribute page I made (with the bands permission, of course), to kick the other Purgatory tribute page's ass.
Terror was a Thrash band from the late 80's to mid 90's (though they were death metal from '91-'95). Purgatory is an 80s speed/thrash metal band (although Im sure a lot of people here know thier LP "Tied To The Trax"). Both of these bands are from the 80s Cleveland Metal scene, and you may know them from thier tracks on the 1990 "Heavy Artillery" compilation tape on Auburn Records (one of my favorite comps of all time).

If you dont know these bands then check them out. Theyre fucking amazing.

EDIT--------------------------------------------------------------

I wanted to kick the other Purgatory tribute page's ass because that page is made by a mallcore kid who knows nothing about Purgatory other then what he copy and pasted from Cleveland Metal.com and the BNR Metal Pages onto his webpage, and wouldnt give a shit about Purgatory if it wasnt for the original singers shit band that he formed after Purgatory broke up. I was disgusted when I saw that page because it made Purgatory look completely retarded and was filled with Mushroomhead references everywhere (which makes them look extremely bad, and has nothing to do with what Purgatory ever was or ever will be about). Plus, it had nothing but copy and pasted info, copy and pasted pictures, and one mp3 downloaded from a Mushroomhead fan site, that the kid spelled wrong in the music player. Its embarassing to Purgatory fans, and the members (obviously excluding the singer), and it totally understates all of the ass-kicking Metal they put out though thier entire career.
I originally didnt feel like ranting in this post, but then I figured "why the hell not?" Hahaha.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

BloodOfChrist wrote:Cleveland Metal.com
This is what turned up when it pasted it into my browser :lol: I guess you're refering to another page?

And yes, PURGATORY were bril'. I'm currently working on tracking down their MLP.
Dawnwatcher

Post by Dawnwatcher »

DaN: I guess he meant http://www.cleveland-metal.com. Pretty good site actually. It's not working any good for me though.
Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

BloodOfChrist, any way of getting a copy (of a copy) of the 'Pain And Suffering' CDR?? Totally killer stuff!
Thanx :D
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Hey everyone. I totally forgot I posted this, and just noticed again.

Dawnwatcher, Yes I was referring to Cleveland-Metal.com. Its run by Joe Keiper, but its currently in the process of being completely remade. Thanks for pointing out my mistake.

Korgüll, I dont know of any available originals of the CD-R, but I can post it in the mp3 forum later today. I have a TON of thier stuff, and a 6 disc box set is currently in the works on Area Death Productions. Its going to be amazing.

And Dan, I own a copy of the Purgatory MLP. I have heard several different rips that I can upload for you if you want. I can also send you some scans of the art and other Purg-related pictures.

Later,
Kenny
roihlem

Post by roihlem »

That Terror rules! I also have a copy of their CDR, but again don´t know how to rip it...Novak and Sekula sound like Croatian names, so that is even more interesting for me...
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

A PURGATORY VIDEO HAS JUST BEEN UPLOADED TO THE PAGE!
You can check it out on the "band bio" section or at this URL...

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... 2023662015
Nicko McBuff

Post by Nicko McBuff »

Cool fansite BloodOfChrist, very informative. I love the Tied To The Trax lp. I never knew the vocalist formed that homo Mushroomhead band... :shock:
BloodOfChrist

Post by BloodOfChrist »

Nicko McBuff wrote:Cool fansite BloodOfChrist, very informative. I love the Tied To The Trax lp. I never knew the vocalist formed that homo Mushroomhead band... :shock:
Yeah, its REALLY aggrivating. I mentioned them once just because I didnt want to piss him off, but other then that I didnt mention them or put them on the friends list or anything. I hate them so fucking much!