HOLY TERROR

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
The Sentinel

HOLY TERROR

Post by The Sentinel »

Holy Terror is one of my favourite bands. Their debut "Terror and Submission" is a milestone in heavy metal history. The great things about this band are their unique incredible songwriting skills by mastermind Kurt Colfelt (former Agent Steel) and the godly vocals of Keith Deen. Songs like Distant Calling or Guardians of the Netherworld are eternal masterpieces that will never be surpassed. Their second album is another milestone, but I prefer the first one because of the filth production. What do you guys think of the mighty HOLY TERROR?
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

What you just said Sten. Both albums slay. Among my thrash faves too.
Good against Evil, Evil sure to win

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
DaN
Administructor

Re: HOLY TERROR

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:and the godly vocals of Keith Deen.
Probably THEE most underrated and unique Metal vocalist ever. Noone could combine raw, high screams and hoarse, melodic vocals as this guy. Even though AGENT STEEL has been one of my absolute fave bands for more than 20 years I'd still take "Debt of Pain" over "Back to Reign" any day of the week, month, year or millenum..
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Keith Deen is indeed one of the best singers of this globe, totally underrated. I found this in the guestbook section of a fan site:

Keith Deen is currently living on the streets of Hollywood, mostly in the Universal Studios/Hollywood-Highland area. He goes by the name Chief. Years of drug and alcohol abuse have taken their toll. Even when sober, Keith is prone to babbling incoherently. He can often be found at a church brekafast for the homeless on the second and fourth Sundays of the month (the church is at the corner of Hollywood and Gardner). Keith has aged badly, but he is still alive.

Pretty sad. Putrid crap like Within Temptation is conquering the world and real talent is always going to waste :evil:
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

The Sentinel wrote:Keith Deen is indeed one of the best singers of this globe, totally underrated. I found this in the guestbook section of a fan site:

Keith Deen is currently living on the streets of Hollywood, mostly in the Universal Studios/Hollywood-Highland area. He goes by the name Chief. Years of drug and alcohol abuse have taken their toll. Even when sober, Keith is prone to babbling incoherently. He can often be found at a church brekafast for the homeless on the second and fourth Sundays of the month (the church is at the corner of Hollywood and Gardner). Keith has aged badly, but he is still alive.

Pretty sad. Putrid crap like Within Temptation is conquering the world and real talent is always going to waste :evil:
FUCK!!! This really got to me... damn.. Waste of talent indeed.. You wish there was something you could do, but that's not really realistic is it? Cheering for a HOLY TERROR reunion perhaps? Aw crap... :(
BestialLust

Re: HOLY TERROR

Post by BestialLust »

The Sentinel wrote:Holy Terror is one of my favourite bands. Their debut "Terror and Submission" is a milestone in heavy metal history. The great things about this band are their unique incredible songwriting skills by mastermind Kurt Colfelt (former Agent Steel) and the godly vocals of Keith Deen. Songs like Distant Calling or Guardians of the Netherworld are eternal masterpieces that will never be surpassed. Their second album is another milestone, but I prefer the first one because of the filth production. What do you guys think of the mighty HOLY TERROR?
Couldn't agree more. Terror and Submission is easily in my Top 5 - perhaps even top 3 - Thrash LPs ever.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

2 immense albums but my fave will always be "Mindwars"...

It's funny how you live in this la-la-land where you think that all your Forgotten Metal Gods of olde just tired out, got married, had some kids, got an everyday-job and lived mediocrely ever after.. It's easy to forget that many of our old heroes who made extreme music in the 80's where pretty fucked up individuals and probably live a pretty miserable life today.. To quote BAD NEWS: "God I hate Rock'n'Roll.." :evil:
Nightlock

Post by Nightlock »

I've had Terror And Submission for a few years it's pretty good but there's much better thrash out there :P. I think I'm pretty much the only person that likes it this much so many people adore this album. I probably like it about as much as the Agent Steel debut comparing it to Kurt "Kill"lfelt's other work I've heard the stuff after that will always be better.

By the way how does Mind Wars differ?

"Holy are the wicked, into the white
Cast into purgatory, all must face the light
Crucifix and serpentine
Condemned before the law
Domination of the anarch
Crucifix will fall " 8)
"On your knees
Into the night that you'll never remember"
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

For me they aren't just thrash; I like thrash alot; the destructive force behind real thrash is undeniable. Holy Terror really were something special. They took every aspect which makes heavy metal the best thing on this planet and put that in their music. Every song on their 2 albums is a masterpiece. I must admit that I really began to listen to them again a year ago; before that I use to listen to their albums in the 90's but it never moved me that much like it is now. There are a few bands that manage to bring tears to my eyes (sounds a bit pathetic, but music can be quite emotional for me) like early Fates Warning, Sacred Blade, Tyrant (UK), Brocas Helm, Hell, Adramelch (and of course more out of this world acts) and Holy Terror is one of them. I really feel like the King of the world when listening to the endless soloing on the end of Guardians of the Netherworld or the vocal lines of Distant Calling. By a few people on this rotten globe they will always be remembered as one of the true Masters of Metal...
Long Live The Loud !!!
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

Forgot to say that their logo is totally incredible and fuckin' metal all the way. Not that it matters so much, but it's another feature of this great great band.

"It really didn't matter if they liked it or not, i was going to give it to them straight down their throats" -John Stewart
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

ION BRITTON wrote:Forgot to say that their logo is totally incredible and fuckin' metal all the way. Not that it matters so much, but it's another feature of this great great band.
+ the simple great evil artwork
Long Live The Loud !!!
OmenOfSteel
Location: fucking non white worthless left wing dick sucking scum bag

Post by OmenOfSteel »

The Sentinel wrote:For me they aren't just thrash; I like thrash alot; the destructive force behind real thrash is undeniable. Holy Terror really were something special. They took every aspect which makes heavy metal the best thing on this planet and put that in their music. Every song on their 2 albums is a masterpiece. I must admit that I really began to listen to them again a year ago; before that I use to listen to their albums in the 90's but it never moved me that much like it is now. There are a few bands that manage to bring tears to my eyes (sounds a bit pathetic, but music can be quite emotional for me) like early Fates Warning, Sacred Blade, Tyrant (UK), Brocas Helm, Hell, Adramelch (and of course more out of this world acts) and Holy Terror is one of them. I really feel like the King of the world when listening to the endless soloing on the end of Guardians of the Netherworld or the vocal lines of Distant Calling. By a few people on this rotten globe they will always be remembered as one of the true Masters of Metal...
Fucking true! I remember the wisely spoken quote from Dan: "Albums are immortal - bands are not"
This here is one of the rare cases where all (both) releases are too good to be true thus making the band itself immortal. HAIL!
We praise the blood that metal brings
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Listening to "Mortal Fear" at this very moment. It's very true that they were more than just your average Thrash band. This is HARD, edgy & sharpened METAL at its absolute finest. While late 80's "Thrash" usually disappoints me, there are some grand exceptions, bands that developed and refined the style. HOLY TERROR and possibly ANACRUSIS where the masters of this genre. Me thinks "Suffering Hour" will be next on the stereo..
ION BRITTON

Post by ION BRITTON »

The Sentinel wrote:
ION BRITTON wrote:Forgot to say that their logo is totally incredible and fuckin' metal all the way. Not that it matters so much, but it's another feature of this great great band.
+ the simple great evil artwork
Yeah, especially the paintings on the inner sleeves. A smell of death is in the air...

Korgüll

Post by Korgüll »

DaN wrote:HOLY TERROR and possibly ANACRUSIS where the masters of this genre.
Don't forget the early-mid period VOIVOD or DBC and even the 'VIO-LENCE - Eternal Nightmare' album when it comes to unique thrash with an original vocal style!

I'd even say MIDAS TOUCH were up there as well!