Peruvian metal?

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
Keir

Peruvian metal?

Post by Keir »

I have a friend who recently moved to the US from Peru. Since moving here he's acquired a taste for metal and hard rock (mainstream stuff like Iron Maiden and AC/DC). When we talk it's usually about our kids or home repairs or stuff like that, so I haven't had a chance to introduce him to any of my music. However, I thought it would be cool if I could tell him about some metal or hard rock bands from his home country, only I don't know any! Can anyone help me?
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Well my favourite bands from Peru are mostly thrash metal (SEPULCRO, MORTUORIO, NECROPSYA, HADEZ). Does he like stuff like that? Or '70s stuff?

Damn...

OXIDO is an old heavy metal band from 1982 ( ? ) or so that is pretty good by my tastes.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I only know of the DM band MORTEM. One of the guys now live in Stockholm. I'll ask him about more classic style Peruvian Metal when I meet him again. Personally I'm totally clueless :?
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

In the 80's, there were a some heavy metal bands, I only know Jerusalem, Armageddon and Massacre.

I know that like every South America country, Peru has nowadays a strong brutal death scene.
peterott

Re: Peruvian metal?

Post by peterott »

I skip the already mentioned bands, as it seems, that a lot of old demos are currently re-released on CD, so easy to check out.

Anal Vomit - the Sarcofago of Peru. Incredible brutal stuff. Their latest release is availabe as LP on From Beyond Prod.

Disinter - one of the 500 exisiting bands with this bandname. Old-school Death Metal, but average production. Their latest CD "Hell's Gate" sounds quiet cool though. Typical South American Death Metal.

Epilepsia - great Thrash. Thrash Thrash Thrash. Not the Witchtrap way, which means too much 80es rip-off, but still a lot of 80es/early 90es influences.

Estigma - The Bloodstained God CD, great Thrash. Very old band, and completly ancient Thrash mixed with some folky South American parts.

Goatsemen - wow, there part on the Split CD with Anal Vomit rules. Dark Death Metal, with hints of Black and completly old-school.

Hadez - their Aquarelle CD on Brutal Records was most probably the first extreme Metal CD from this counrtry. Horrible booklet layout which doesn't fit at all in the jewel case. I wonder if this is only in my CD ? Also similar to Sarcofago. If you like INRI, you like this Hadez release.

Kranium - folky Death Metal. Very nice to listen to.

Pagapu / Sarcoma Split CD. Also very folky Death Metal meets old South American Death Metal. Great old bands from Peru

I hope that helped. Still, Mortem is my absolute favourite out of this country.
The Sentinel

Re: Peruvian metal?

Post by The Sentinel »

peterott wrote:Hadez - their Aquarelle CD on Brutal Records was most probably the first extreme Metal CD from this counrtry. Horrible booklet layout which doesn't fit at all in the jewel case. I wonder if this is only in my CD ? Also similar to Sarcofago. If you like INRI, you like this Hadez release.
I have this one on a LP reissue. It's totally wicked...I like it.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Derrick Metaliszta

Post by Derrick Metaliszta »

from the top of my head....
Armagedón - 80s Power Metal style
Masacre - excellent debut, like classic Priest
Arsix - recent but great band
Sentencia - Heavy doom
Argus - Great 80s metal
Terrenal . another new promising band
Uchpa - Great hard rock in Quechwa!! (indian language)
Melalui lorong hidupku, akan ku teruskan...
Pelayaran ini sehingga hujungnya!
metalmaster

Post by metalmaster »

La Ira de Dios is a very good band with many doomy and osbcure touches. As far a I know they have done some gigs in Europe
lunaboy

Post by lunaboy »

Just brovsed a bit YouTube and here it is ... Band PAX with track Exterminio from 1984(I think that in 1984 Pax managed to put out a single Exterminio/Radar this one was released as 7"EP).Its more Hard Rock sounding stuff but still interesing.Check out song on YouTube :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrwdZW0gIRg
The Knell

Post by The Knell »

Everything else they did was okay at best but the Rites demo 1997 of Black Angel was really a great Doom/Black/Thrash recording ! Recommended !
King Zombie

Post by King Zombie »

You can ask me too! Have you listned Cobra (Per)? Great HM! They are friends of mine.
Keep politics OUT of this forum
tomas

Post by tomas »

@metalmaster:
Are you talking about the heavy psych band La Ira De Dios (because I like them)? Or is there a heavy metal band with the same name?
But does it slay witches?
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

tomas wrote:@metalmaster:
Are you talking about the heavy psych band La Ira De Dios (because I like them)? Or is there a heavy metal band with the same name?
Is the same band that Metalmaster said
MetalizeR

Post by MetalizeR »

Sentencia - Maldita Realidad (Demo Ver.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gy2Mo2uK38s
Piotr Sargnagel

Post by Piotr Sargnagel »

I love Hadez, so brutal and such a dark atmosphere... I'm also very partial to Levifer (very recent band but good!)