Soundtrack Movies Metal

Recommendations, discussions, questions & debates regarding the godly Metal of olde...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

The title is "Verlierer" released in 1986 or 1987.
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

HEAVY METAL has many cheese songs on it. There are, however, some brilliant and essential metal bands on it (BLUE OYSTER CULT, BLACK SABBATH). Their songs, while great, are available on their albums however...
omen of hate wrote:Motorhead appears on the soundtrack of "The Sponge BOB Squarepants" movie !!!
Yeah. I bought that soundtrack. Does the song appear elsewhere in MOTORHEAD's discography? I don't think so...
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

"You Better Swim" is a new version of "You Better Run" (on "March or Die" album)
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

I mean, is the RECORDING available on anything else? The actual cut?

This Spongebob CD is fine but... well... it's spongebob.
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

No, the track doesn't appear on another Motorhead release.
Azaras

Post by Azaras »

Then I'm stuck with this damn yellow CD. Hehehe. :(

Cheers!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Just checked out "Hostel" and who do we find on the soundtrack if not the classic Czech Metal band TUBLATANKA. Good tune too.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

DaN wrote:Just checked out "Hostel" and who do we find on the soundtrack if not the classic Czech Metal band TUBLATANKA. Good tune too.
Being interested in East-European-Metal, I still must find something from that band. They released a lot...Great movie, by the way, should receive an oscar.

Speaking about East-European-Metal, I came across the debut of Master's Hammer but ran out of money...AAARRGGH, don't actually know its rarity??
Bought the Puls 7": Some great music on this one...
Long Live The Loud !!!
humus

Post by humus »

Here's an extract from Verlierer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Bqh6R-GFQ
peterott

Post by peterott »

There is a nice documentary called "Thrash in Altenessen", where a German TV-team followed Kreator in the late 80es. They visited parts of the Ruhrpott area, filmed a concert, and had some very nice interviews, capturing the spirit of this time. This was even broadcasted on the first German television program at around 10:00pm.

A second movie which impressed me is "Rodrigo D. - No Futuro". Very basic movie about the youth in Medellin anno 1988, and the surrounding violence, drugs and punk/metal scene. Blasfemia are playing a live song on the roof of a building in a suburb (more favela), Parabellum's drummer doing a drum solo, and a lot of great Colombian bands playing their music. Profanacion and Blasfemia being the best of them. Great Soundtrack LP and in contrast to DaN's review, I am more than pleased with the Metal-side of the it. The punk side makes also sense after seeing this movie. But I don't like it too much.
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

I heard "No Futuro" is out on DVD now. Must find copy soon! Tips where to find it?
peterott

Post by peterott »

DaN wrote:I heard "No Futuro" is out on DVD now. Must find copy soon! Tips where to find it?
buy it on ebay. There I got my DVD for $15 from some big warehouse-company with 100.000+ feedbacks. Some months ago around 2-4 auctions of this movie were on ebay at the same time. Also use the extended search, where ebay-shops are included. And then do not only search for "no futuro" but also for "no future", cause some seller use the english title here.

[EDIT]: www.barnesandnoble.com is carrying it, so it should be also available at normal online-book-stores/dvd-stores. Amazon.com does sell it for $27, or $18.88 (used). So it is now a bit easier, hehe...