New OVERDRIVE album - first since 1984!

New bands, new releases, new metallic events, reissues, post-millenia-Metal in general...
Stark

New OVERDRIVE album - first since 1984!

Post by Stark »

Just want to give you a little update from the Overdrive-camp. We are currently in- and out of the studio recording our new album "Let The Metal Do The Talking" which will be released by Lion Music this fall. The album will contain 12 songs of which about 50 % was written for the third album back in 1985. These songs have now been revamped and re-recorded. We have also written a bunch of new stuff in the old 80's metal vein. Here's a brieft run down of some of the tracks:
"Sinster Warfare" - Up-tempo double bass drum riffing rocker with a heavy mid-section.
"Gravy Train" - Heavy, quite melodic, mid-tempo in the vein of "Dream Away"
"Let The Metal Do The Talking" - Up-tempo, straight ahead rocker with a hint of vintage Riot
"Reincarnation Pt 1-5". Heavy, doomy, long epical song in the same tradition as "Burn In Hell", with a mid-section I did inspired by Brocas Helm
"Chasing Highways" - A new track I wrote with lyrics by Per, high speed metal with a strong 80's feel.
"Trapped Under Ice" - anotherone written in '85, mid tempo heavy melodic
"Fight To The Finish" - a song I wrote in 1986 for Overheat. Got the inspiration from listening a lot to Hellion. Up/mid-tempo straight ahead metal
"(working title: The heavy one)" - Probably the heaviest most doomy we've ever done. Closer to Candlemass than ever. A new track written by Kenth. This will surprise many!
Furthermore Kjell has anoth two new song and Kenth another high speed number penned.

We really feel this is going to be a killer album, we've found a great chemistry and everyone's really excited! Johan Blomström is also an awesome engineer to work with.[/quote]
If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!
mordred

Post by mordred »

Great, Fight to the Finish is a favourite of mine!

Remember a few years ago, when I suggested you would consider Fight to the Finish for the album, and you said it was out of the question since it was not an Overdrive song? 8)
Chroming Rose “Pressure” LP found! :D
Stark

Nooooo...

Post by Stark »

Noooo... I didn't say that, did I? 8)
Well, I'm just a human, and I can still change to the better. I dug out the old demo and decided it was too good a song to go to waste. I did write it so... Hope you'll like it :-)
omen of hate

Post by omen of hate »

Do you plan to release the album on vynil ?
Stark

Post by Stark »

There's no vinyl plans at the moment, but we'll see if anyone's interested.