Utrecht Mega Record Fair - who's been there?

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
DaN
Administructor

Utrecht Mega Record Fair - who's been there?

Post by DaN »

I've been toying w/ the idea of taking at trip to this #1 Recordcollectornerdevent for a few years now. It would be cool to hear if anyone around here has visited the fair before? How is it for Heavy Metal Hunting? (vinyl)

Me + 2 friends have even been discussing renting a table, so if someone has had experience with this as well, let's hear about it! What do people buy? How do you sell compared to other fairs? etc..

Edit: http://www.recordplanet.nl/
Khnud

Post by Khnud »

Never been there. Would love to go, but you'd probably scoop up all the finds before I got the chance. ;)

Do you really have to buy a ticket in advance to be allowed entrance? [Edit: Just found out - there's an online presale, but it's in no way compulsory.]
humus

Post by humus »

I've never been there but with a couple of friends we are planning to go this year.
From what I've heard heavy metal hunting is decent but not incredible.
In case anybody is interested, there will be two record fairs specifically for metal in september/october in Belgium, not far from Brussels.
decibelrebel

Post by decibelrebel »

save your cash Dannyboy, I'd bet these two villains have snapped up all the good stuff for sure:

Would be great to go to a pure vinyl market, Australian markets are tainted with comics and figurines these days and tables of records are slowly dwindling. Not too keen on how you Euro-folk all continue to smoke indoors however:

The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I've been there many times. Some interesting things over there; found some real gems over the years. Let me know when you're going and I'll be planning to be there too. Next one is in November.
Long Live The Loud !!!
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

I'll try to make it there this year... :D
Levi

Post by Levi »

humus wrote:I've never been there but with a couple of friends we are planning to go this year.
From what I've heard heavy metal hunting is decent but not incredible.
In case anybody is interested, there will be two record fairs specifically for metal in september/october in Belgium, not far from Brussels.
Tell me more... You mean the one in Aalst probably?
humus

Post by humus »

18/10: Aalst
20/09: Dendermonde (organized by Bert from Nepherex, free entrance, first time. But focussing more on extreme metal I think.)
tbieri

Post by tbieri »

I was there twice, but it's already some years ago. It's huge, you need 2 days to see everything !
Had 3 very good metal stands (Vinyl), with a lot of rare items, and some OK stands specialliced in metal. Usually it's quite expensive !
If you look everywhere you can make some good finds anyway, i've found PALASS for 5.- Euros for example, but you will barely have the time to look everywhere !
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

Wasn't this a few weekends ago? Who went there? How was it? Finds?
Nebuchadnezzar

Post by Nebuchadnezzar »

It was 21-22 Nov but I wasn't able to make it there due to the increasing damages $$$ of a car accident.
Black Axe

Post by Black Axe »

I was going to be in the area and wanted to go, travelling back from Germany, but the trip didn't happen. Besides, I need to save money, not spend it by the buckets.
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

I was there but didn't spent much. I've found mainly things I already had on cd:

HEIR APPARENT: Graceful Inheritance LP
LEATHERWOLF: First 2 albums on LP
TURBO (Pol): first album LP
DARK ANGEL: Darkness Descends LP
BROCAS HELM: Into Battle LP (First Strike records)
RUTHLESS: Metal without Mercy P
ANCIEN RITES: Diabolical serenades LP
Long Live The Loud !!!
DaN
Administructor

Post by DaN »

So, compared to for instance the KIT metalmarket - better or worse for a HM Hunter?
The Sentinel

Post by The Sentinel »

Maybe the KIT one is a bit better because everything there is metal. You have A LOT of others genres in the Utrecht fair which makes it a little difficult to find the metal sections. But there are some great metal stands which I don't see elswhere, like for instance a French stand which has a lot of great raries for a very good price. There is also a good Swedish stand but the records are extremely overpriced including the regular ones.
Long Live The Loud !!!