Insane Ebay Auctions (OLD'n'locked)

Heavy Metal Hunting, record Q's & trivia, collector stuff. Rare or not, it all goes here.
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

Avenger wrote:Report it to Century Media so that they can file a lawsuit against him.
I'm pretty sure Century Media have VeRO agents which monitor eBay and can take care of themselves if they want to. I'm no eBay police nor do I want to have anything in common with this retro-crook and his zealot of a brother.

I believe in karma. what comes around goes around and those guys are going to pay one way or another for everything they do, big time.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

As much of a prick as Mike Varney is, you have to admit that he's been very aggressive and super persistent in regards to any bootlegging of the Shrapnel back catalogue. I've heard on several occasions of how he's threatened or pursued in legal action when getting word of Shrapnel bootleg plans.
Last edited by Avenger on Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bigfootkit wrote:"Your Steel Is Not True"
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
Stormspell

Post by Stormspell »

I know, the Retrodude got a taste of Varney too when tried to sell TRAUMA "Spanish imports" :lol:
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

stormspell wrote:I know, the Retrodude got a taste of Varney too when tried to sell TRAUMA "Spanish imports" :lol:
Heh, he's had a few issues already which have lead to some legal action being taken but it's obviously not changed anything.
stormspell wrote:"I hate all my releases. I only listen to Korn and Limp Bizkit, don't you know..."
msp

Post by msp »

Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

xr2m

Post by xr2m »

stormspell wrote:I know, the Retrodude got a taste of Varney too when tried to sell TRAUMA "Spanish imports" :lol:
Not soon enough... I got one of those a few years ago. It was a pro-printed CD-R with a shitty one-panel cover and a totally fucked-up tracklisting. I should have known better.

Kind of off-topic, but am I the only one who digs Trauma's "Scratch and Scream?" the vocals can be grating at times, but I really enjoy that record overall.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

xr2m wrote:am I the only one who digs Trauma's "Scratch and Scream?" the vocals can be grating at times, but I really enjoy that record overall.
Awesome album.

I can only hope for an official re-issue one day.
Heathen

Post by Heathen »

http://cgi.ebay.pl/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... 0340634723

Nice for a bootleg advertised as a bootleg.
sovdat

Post by sovdat »

Heathen

Post by Heathen »

sovdat wrote:Actually is advertised as a "budget reissue" ...
That sounds better, I agree. But in reality, isn't it just a more sophisticated way to say "a bootleg release"? :wink: Something like "private release" - a term used by villainshadows.
Avenger

Post by Avenger »

sovdat

Post by sovdat »

4 year old CD and pressed in 1000 copies ...

http://cgi.ebay.com/INTENSE-DEGREE-War- ... tsupported
msp

Post by msp »

I am curious. You are talking about the guy who runs that Retrospect records label right? He seems to have an insane release schedule but are all his releases bootlegs or are some legit?
Remember kids, only high priced rarities are true...
gigadeth

Post by gigadeth »

i am not metallica collector. but i understand them.
it is so normal to collect over hundereds of metallica items among collectors. i know a crazy metallica collector, he has over 1000 metallica CD/LP etc (but it is about 10 years ago, so now?)

most collectors are tyring to find anything special nobody has, and the good example of them is promo CD, especially Japanese Promo CD because they has serial number on back insert. there exist one and only one copy in the world.